+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Upload Help!!

Feb 14, 2017
Hi guys, so i have been requested to submit a RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprint for my Express Entry application. I had a few questions regarding the upload process. During Upload, CIC asks for the following fields to be filled:

1) Document Name
2) Document Number
3) Country of Issue
4) Issue Date:
5) Expiry Date:

Question 1: Now, the RCMP document has two 20 digit numbers: 'DOCID' and 'DCN'. Which is the 'Document Number' that I should enter for CIC?

Question 2: Also, what would be the Expiry Date? The RCMP document doesn't state an expiry date.

Thank you very much for your help!! :)

Reactions: navnakur and Tomi2

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I entered DOCID as 'Document Number". For expiry date, I entered 6 months from issue date.

Reactions: doug87z

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I used the second number DCN and no issues with it. I know it is confusing but I think if you enter any of the numbers you would be safe. But y recommendation is to use the DCn

Yes I too used 6 moths validity

Reactions: doug87z

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used the second number DCN and no issues with it. I know it is confusing but I think if you enter any of the numbers you would be safe. But y recommendation is to use the DCn

I guess it doesn't really matter. My application has already been approved without any issues.

Reactions: Tomi2
Feb 14, 2017
I entered DOCID as 'Document Number". For expiry date, I entered 6 months from issue date.
Thanks jsing17! Appreciate your comment. Was wondering what made you decide to use 'DOCID' instead of 'DCN'? Also, how long after submission of the RCMP clearance did you get the application approval and request for the passport?

Thanks!!

Feb 14, 2017

Thanks adrlim! Was wondering what made you decide to use 'DCN' instead of 'DOCID'? Also, how long after submission of the RCMP clearance did you get the application approval and request for the passport?

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks adrlim! Was wondering what made you decide to use 'DCN' instead of 'DOCID'? Also, how long after submission of the RCMP clearance did you get the application approval and request for the passport?
Hi,
1. I read in the forum one guy said he used that and was accepted so I just took his advise. But I think both numbers are valid
2. When I uploaded the doc my status in MyCIC changed to acknowledge i have uploaded the document
3. Next day my BG status changed to NA then next day or two after it went to IP2
4. Another 2 days or so then I got my PPR for the passport. I just received my passports back yesterday

Now I have been reading different people experience different changes so its hard to really predict how it works.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Tomi2

Stephenie---

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Hi,
1. I read in the forum one guy said he used that and was accepted so I just took his advise. But I think both numbers are valid
2. When I uploaded the doc my status in MyCIC changed to acknowledge i have uploaded the document
3. Next day my BG status changed to NA then next day or two after it went to IP2
4. Another 2 days or so then I got my PPR for the passport. I just received my passports back yesterday

Now I have been reading different people experience different changes so its hard to really predict how it works.

Hope that helps
Hi buddy

I uploaded my RCMP one month ago still waiting for final approved decision how do you know your Bg check USB in IP 2 by just checking online?

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi buddy

I uploaded my RCMP one month ago still waiting for final approved decision how do you know your Bg check USB in IP 2 by just checking online?
Hi. When you uploaded did the MyCIC account show that you have successfully uploaded it? It should. The sequence of events was as above.

Yes you only get to see the changes in the status in MyCIC. The next one that comes in the email is when they issue the PPR.

Stephenie---

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Hi. When you uploaded did the MyCIC account show that you have successfully uploaded it? It should. The sequence of events was as above.

Yes you only get to see the changes in the status in MyCIC. The next one that comes in the email is when they issue the PPR.
Yes CIC showed that ditional documents you provided have been uploaded.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Yes CIC showed that ditional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Then you should be good.

Again I've read many ppl experience different things with different timelines. No definite course.

Mine is as explained in the above post.

Good luck.

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something, I have already make the payment to Omnitempus and I have ready the translation of the receipt, Omnitempus actually sent me an email yesterday letting me know that the information has been delivered to the embassy. However, at the time of submitting the document to my application, CIC is asking me for the following information regarding my background document: 1. Document Name / 2. Document Number / 3. Issue Date / 4. Expiry date.

According to Omnitempus they do not handle this information. Does anyone know what this information means and where do I get it from? CIC does not allow me to attach any receipt unless I provide this information.

On the confirmation email I did not receive any information related to the questions they are asking me.

Thank you for your help!
L.

Rimon2017

Aug 13, 2017
I guess it doesn't really matter. My application has already been approved without any issues.
Hi,
I just uploaded the RCMP report. Do I need to sign the page after uploading the file, I meant enter my first and last name?? since It says "it is not submitted to IRCC"...
Thank you for advice

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi guys, so i have been requested to submit a RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprint for my Express Entry application. I had a few questions regarding the upload process. During Upload, CIC asks for the following fields to be filled:

1) Document Name
2) Document Number
3) Country of Issue
4) Issue Date:
5) Expiry Date:

Question 1: Now, the RCMP document has two 20 digit numbers: 'DOCID' and 'DCN'. Which is the 'Document Number' that I should enter for CIC?

Question 2: Also, what would be the Expiry Date? The RCMP document doesn't state an expiry date.

Thank you very much for your help!! :)
are you an inland applicant?