+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal record check

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I had to request this RCMP criminal check with fingerprints for my wife, I am the main applicant. It took 2 days to get it done and more 4 days to receive the letter. You can expect the whole process to take approximately 1 week.
Hi can you help, from where did you get it done? Local police department or private accredited agency?
and did they send directly to IRCC AS WELL?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi everyone.

I wanted to check how long RCMP is taking these days to send FP request to IRCC Vancouver office.

I did make 2nd FP request on 16 February and when I asked about status they said they cant provide any timelines when FP request will be completed. The FP request was sent electronically (digital prints).

Thank you

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi can you help, from where did you get it done? Local police department or private accredited agency?
and did they send directly to IRCC AS WELL?
Hi, I did that in July 2020. I did it with a private accredited agency. You can find online in RCMP website based on your location.
No, you will receive the document and YOU must upload it on your IRCC online account.

Reactions: adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi, I did that in July 2020. I did it with a private accredited agency. You can find online in RCMP website based on your location.
No, you will receive the document and YOU must upload it on your IRCC online account.
Thank you so much . All the best wory process.

Reactions: Mzt2020

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
HI Guys,

I got RCMP request from CIC on 16th December 2020,
17th december 2020 i gave the finger print .
22nd RCMP mailed the report to CPC mississauga office.

I have been waiting since then there is no update on my ircc portal. Does anyone know how long does ircc takes to update it.
Did the agency or police department mail to IRCC or just the applicant have to upload in the given portal?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
HI Guys,

I got RCMP request from CIC on 16th December 2020,
17th december 2020 i gave the finger print .
22nd RCMP mailed the report to CPC mississauga office.

I have been waiting since then there is no update on my ircc portal. Does anyone know how long does ircc takes to update it.

You can contact IRCC via webform. Or even email IRCC (same address from where you got the FP request).

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Did the agency or police department mail to IRCC or just the applicant have to upload in the given portal?

It depends who it is being requested to be sent to.

With my first FP, I requested 2 copies, 1 sent to IRCC and other to myself.

I have done the same thing with my 2nd FP request.

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
It depends who it is being requested to be sent to.

With my first FP, I requested 2 copies, 1 sent to IRCC and other to myself.

I have done the same thing with my 2nd FP request.
Did you got any open portal in your online cic account after the RCMP CHECK request?
In my case there is one separate option is showing up to upload the report there.

But I’m concerned about sending it to IRCC directly from issuing agency.
In request letter there is one instruction is there... upload the original scan report to the given portal.

Nothing mentioned there to send directly
to them?
What should I do?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Did you got any open portal in your online cic account after the RCMP CHECK request?
In my case there is one separate option is showing up to upload the report there.

In request letter there is one instruction is there... upload the original scan report to the given portal.

to them?
What should I do?
Follow the instructions you were given. Why complicate things?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

to them?
What should I do?

Follow the instructions! So you dont need to send to IRCC. My apologies as I was under the impression that you are also citizenship applicant.

Hang on, I am citizenship applicant and we have only ecas portal so your PR or other application system must have a portal to upload documents.

Good luck.

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Follow the instructions! So you dont need to send to IRCC. My apologies as I was under the impression that you are also citizenship applicant.

Hang on, I am citizenship applicant and we have only ecas portal so your PR or other application system must have a portal to upload documents.

Good luck.
Oh okk.
Yes I’m applying for pr.

Ashokk82

Sep 12, 2020
Hi Guys , I have to complete my RCMP criminal record check , currently i am in TamilNadu, India but i am stuck as i dont find any agencies to complete the process .Can anyone of you please suggest .

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
You email RCMP and then You get the list from RCMP as reply -> Select the Company from the list where you want to give FINGERPRINTS-> Get an appointment from them (check their website/call them (I selected the closest Commissionaires office from my location)) -> Take your request letter + Active Work Permit (if you are inland) + Passport + 1 more photo ID with you to the appointment -> Give your fingerprints + photo (they will guide you throughout, place where I went the person was really helpful) -> Ensure you give correct mailing address -> Make payment (usually $50-60 at third party company) -> Wait for Report to show up in your mailbox (took 2 weeks for me). Report will come from CCRTIS RCMP office Ottawa. Then you can scan and upload it as pdf in your mycic account.
I honestly do not remember whether it was a requirement or not. But I believe you should bring the request letter because the officer will enter your UCI and PR application number on the RCMP file. I had to open my phone, connect to IRCC portal to show the officer my application number.
did you also tell them about your visa office? Or do you know they send this report directly to IRCC by themselves?

Shergillavi23

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi everyone.

I wanted to check how long RCMP is taking these days to send FP request to IRCC Vancouver office.

I did make 2nd FP request on 16 February and when I asked about status they said they cant provide any timelines when FP request will be completed. The FP request was sent electronically (digital prints).

Thank you
Hello ,

May I please know if you got the RCMP response about the FP completion . If Yes , how long did it take for you ?
You mentioned the FP being sent to IRCC vancouver , however is it the case the FP is sent to IRCC ? I thought it is uploaded in the profile.
Looking forward to your reply .

Regards,
Avi