+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal record check

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Was it a requirement to bring the RCMP request letter from CIC? Or just show up with your IDs and wait for the results?

The request letter from CIC doesn’t say anything about my UCI or personal details apart from my name.

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Was it a requirement to bring the RCMP request letter from CIC? Or just show up with your IDs and wait for the results?

The request letter from CIC doesn’t say anything about my UCI or personal details apart from my name.
I honestly do not remember whether it was a requirement or not. But I believe you should bring the request letter because the officer will enter your UCI and PR application number on the RCMP file. I had to open my phone, connect to IRCC portal to show the officer my application number.

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I have been out of Canada for over two years. By Temporary permit expired ans I left voluntarily. I applied for CEC-Express entry as Outland applicant on 20 June 2020.

Would I be requested to do RCMP?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I have been out of Canada for over two years. By Temporary permit expired ans I left voluntarily. I applied for CEC-Express entry as Outland applicant on 20 June 2020.

Would I be requested to do RCMP?
RCMP check has more to do with potential name matches than time spent in/out of Canada. No way of knowing until MEP/BIL, which is when they'll send you the request IF needed.

Reactions: Bade2145 and k.h.p.

karenzhou93

Aug 28, 2020
Oh boy, thank GOD I found this post.

I just received this letter today, and I am currently outside of Canada, based on the instruction, it more difficult to get done when you are not in Canada....

Reactions: Guri0105

Viz1904

Jun 12, 2020
Thanks! I received the list of accredited fingerprint companies from the RCMP today.
Hi could you please share the list with me as well I just got the request letter for RCMP n don’t know how to proceed. Thank you

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Hi could you please share the list with me as well I just got the request letter for RCMP n don’t know how to proceed. Thank you
Email CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca for the most recent list. They usually reply within few hours. Its better to get a recent list as they keep updating it more often. Keep subject line : Request for list of accredited fingerprinting companies. This will get you response quickly. Then you can search the place closest to you and call them to book an appointment. The whole process from fingerprinting to receiving the report at your place can take about 2 weeks.

Viz1904

Jun 12, 2020
Email CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca for the most recent list. They usually reply within few hours. Its better to get a recent list as they keep updating it more often. Keep subject line : Request for list of accredited fingerprinting companies. This will get you response quickly. Then you can search the place closest to you and call them to book an appointment. The whole process from fingerprinting to receiving the report at your place can take about 2 weeks.
Could you please let me know the process. I have sent a mail to rcmp for fingerprinting companies. Thank you for your help

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Could you please let me know the process. I have sent a mail to rcmp for fingerprinting companies. Thank you for your help
You email RCMP and then You get the list from RCMP as reply -> Select the Company from the list where you want to give FINGERPRINTS-> Get an appointment from them (check their website/call them (I selected the closest Commissionaires office from my location)) -> Take your request letter + Active Work Permit (if you are inland) + Passport + 1 more photo ID with you to the appointment -> Give your fingerprints + photo (they will guide you throughout, place where I went the person was really helpful) -> Ensure you give correct mailing address -> Make payment (usually $50-60 at third party company) -> Wait for Report to show up in your mailbox (took 2 weeks for me). Report will come from CCRTIS RCMP office Ottawa. Then you can scan and upload it as pdf in your mycic account.

Reactions: Viz1904

Viz1904

Jun 12, 2020
You email RCMP and then You get the list from RCMP as reply -> Select the Company from the list where you want to give FINGERPRINTS-> Get an appointment from them (check their website/call them (I selected the closest Commissionaires office from my location)) -> Take your request letter + Active Work Permit (if you are inland) + Passport + 1 more photo ID with you to the appointment -> Give your fingerprints + photo (they will guide you throughout, place where I went the person was really helpful) -> Ensure you give correct mailing address -> Make payment (usually $50-60 at third party company) -> Wait for Report to show up in your mailbox (took 2 weeks for me). Report will come from CCRTIS RCMP office Ottawa. Then you can scan and upload it as pdf in your mycic account.
Thank you for a detailed reply, I went through fingerscan now waiting for the report.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
RCMP criminal records checks come up when your name or other biographical information is similar to a criminal's information. You are required to provide fingerprints to verify you are *not* the criminal in question.
I don't think this is true or the main reason. I have a particular name maybe unique since it is a very minority tribe. But I was requested as in inland. Plus, for my employers I already provide police check.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't think this is true or the main reason. I have a particular name maybe unique since it is a very minority tribe. But I was requested as in inland. Plus, for my employers I already provide police check.
It is why. That, or you have a criminal record.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
It is why. That, or you have a criminal record.
I got my rcmp in 3 days no criminal records. Just thinking main inland are requested rcmp. I read a lot about matching names but I doubt it. Plus I am a teacher so for sure if I had a criminal record I won t be able to teach.

Reactions: Noyan2020

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I got my rcmp in 3 days no criminal records. Just thinking main inland are requested rcmp. I read a lot about matching names but I doubt it. Plus I am a teacher so for sure if I had a criminal record I won t be able to teach.
No, not everyone inland is requested to provide an RCMP check. It's very rare. It's only when your name and other biographic details are similar to someone with a criminal record of some sort (not necessarily conviction, can be "named in a file.") If you look through the various Inland threads, very few people are asked to provide RCMP records.