+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP certificate

Tayee

Apr 6, 2019
Has anyone else been asked to provide a Canadian criminal record check for their application inland? I find it strange because on the IRCC website it says a police certificate is not required for your time in Canada.

Tayee

Apr 6, 2019
I know that, but it's still not clear to me why they ask some for it but not others.
Considering the time it can take to get, I think that should be mentioned as part of the documents required at the start.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I know that, but it's still not clear to me why they ask some for it but not others.
Considering the time it can take to get, I think that should be mentioned as part of the documents required at the start.
IRCC automatically obtains name-based clearances for ALL applicants. it is only when a name-based search returns a criminal record, IRCC then needs a fingerprint-based clearance to (hopefully exclude you) confirm whether or not it is your record. That is why it is not required upfront., because most people don´t need it.

Reactions: csadangi

Simran827

Oct 12, 2019
The reason I’m able to find out for this is that
Most of the people applied(Indians) have similar names and when the officers looks into directory they found individuals with similar names and it becomes difficult for them to make sure it is you.
For example
One of my friend name is abc singh
and there’s a guy in the records having some criminal record having name abc singh def.
The system shows different format for the name of guy having some criminal background like
abc singh def or abc singh or abc def.
So at this point officers want to verify your identity and for this purpose they request rcmp pcc because by getting your biometrics it is much easier for them and they can recognize you exactly who you are

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
IRCC automatically obtains name-based clearances for ALL applicants. it is only when a name-based search returns a criminal record, IRCC then needs a fingerprint-based clearance to (hopefully exclude you) confirm whether or not it is your record. That is why it is not required upfront., because most people don´t need it.
Thanks for this information, I have been wondering why they ask some CEC inland applicants for RCMP clearance check.