+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Background check

smarreco

Jan 26, 2017
Hello all,

I am facing a problem here. I must get a Criminal Record Check from RCMP as I have lived in Canada for more than 6 mths in the past.
As I am abroad, I need to use one of the accredited companies as described at RCMP website, and to do so, I must send them a full set of my fingerprints took at a police station here at my country.
The issue is I can only got a ink based version and due to a permanent skin condition my fingerprints cannot be taken that way. I have tried 3 times but the company is rejecting it due to the quality of my prints, which cannot be solved. Also, eletronic scanners are also unavailable here.
What should I do? Maybe send them a statement from the local police saying that they could not perform the collection? Or a statement from a Dermatologist describing my condition?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
smarreco said:
I am facing a problem here. I must get a Criminal Record Check from RCMP as I have lived in Canada for more than 6 mths in the past.

There is no requirement for the RCMP check, unless you have already applied and IRCC has specifically requested it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Wishmeluck12

Feb 20, 2017
Hello There are several agencies in Canada which can convert your ink based finger prints to digital. please go to RCMP official site and look for accredited agencies to take fingerprints.

smarreco

Jan 26, 2017
I know that and if you read my post you will see that I am aware about their services. The problem is regarding the quality of the ink based fingerprints due to a medical condition.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
smarreco said:
What should I do? Maybe send them a statement from the local police saying that they could not perform the collection? Or a statement from a Dermatologist describing my condition?
This is a very good question. Is this a permanent, temporary, or intermittent condition?

You can try (both would be best, I imagine), but I'm not sure whether it will help or not.

I'm sure you realize the fact that the RCMP check was requested is because the name-based check turned up a criminal record, so they need the print-based check to rule you out.

But it seems you have a legitimate reason for not being able to comply, I cannot believe they would refuse you for that, as long as you do your best to show your efforts to comply.

Desperatehelp

Apr 1, 2017
Germany
This is a very good question. Is this a permanent, temporary, or intermittent condition?

You can try (both would be best, I imagine), but I'm not sure whether it will help or not.

I'm sure you realize the fact that the RCMP check was requested is because the name-based check turned up a criminal record, so they need the print-based check to rule you out.

But it seems you have a legitimate reason for not being able to comply, I cannot believe they would refuse you for that, as long as you do your best to show your efforts to comply.
I've been asked to submit RCMP fingerprints, but I had also decided to withdraw my application for other reasons. I'm now concerned that if I withdraw they will still ask for RCMP (which I can get) but ask why I am not uploading (misrepresentation).

Can I just withdraw the application without the prints?