+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 42nd draw

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
But still if we get NBPNP or PEI PNP....

As per rules we have to work in that province(which granted you PNP). its very hard to get the respective job in NB or PEI.

so only option is to depend on Ontario to open its PNP stream in November.

Any idea, if we can work for Ontario province though we got nomianated by NP or PEI.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
DamhaSirah said:
If the cutoff score is set for a quarter, then why did the scores suddenly rise in May in the middle of a quarter/halfway through a quarter?

Good point....!

I think the comment I saw probably said ITA quotas are set quarter-by-quarter then - so not the cut-off scores - they will fluctuate with job-offer and PNP candidates every 2 weeks.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
bloodbath11 said:
Guys, I am very confused, need your advice ... I have been express entry pool since March 16.. have scored 456 on CRS, single, will complete 34 yrs in nov 16 - so 5 points are gona get deducted further, education - Masters from United States in Construction Management, 6 yrs of experience in india and US .. Now, seeing the trends of cut offs scores recently, I have lost all hope of getting Canadian PR. Shld I opt for Australia PR or wait for any change in immigration policies for Canada? If Ontario starts issuing PTs in November, do i really stand a chance of getting it? Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.
We don't know - we all want to know as well

My suggestion is just wait a little while, the 'changes' that are supposed to be happening are supposed to be in the next few months, if you've been waiting since March, then it's not going to hurt you to wait a bit longer - give yourself the deadline of your birthday ::)

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
shasai said:
But still if we get NBPNP or PEI PNP....

As per rules we have to work in that province(which granted you PNP). its very hard to get the respective job in NB or PEI.

so only option is to depend on Ontario to open its PNP stream in November.

Any idea, if we can work for Ontario province though we got nomianated by NP or PEI.
Legally yes - the freedom of movement act means you can't be stopped from living anywhere you want in Canada

Morally no...NP or PEI are nominating you to live and work in their province. Also either one may ask you to sign a statement saying you'll stay in the province for a certain amount of time. If they are then lead to believe that you had no intention of residing in NP or PEI but just wanted the nomination, then your PR can be revoked on entry to Canada.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
jaymax said:
This is all stupid speculation.

The only reason cutoff is high is CIC wants to keep invites low. Why ? Only they know.
You are wrong, Its not just them, God also knows! (In case you are not an atheist)

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
JALT said:
Legally yes - the freedom of movement act means you can't be stopped from living anywhere you want in Canada

Morally no...NP or PEI are nominating you to live and work in their province. Also either one may ask you to sign a statement saying you'll stay in the province for a certain amount of time. If they are then lead to believe that you had no intention of residing in NP or PEI but just wanted the nomination, then your PR can be revoked on entry to Canada.
Morally??!!??
Where is Government sense of morality?
At least let people know what the h*ll they are doing and do not leave so many people in a limbo.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
MH_A said:
Morally??!!??
Where is Government sense of morality?
At least let people know what the h*ll they are doing and do not leave so many people in a limbo.
Yeah, but I don't really blame the PNPs for that. The PNPs are willing to nominate many of the candidates that EE is failing, so they give some a lifeline.

Some PNPs are just as bad at communication (i.e. OINP), but at least the AINP state it on the website how many people are in the queue and the date of the applications currently being processed - that's more than IRCC are doing.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I wish I could apply to OINP when it opens. I unfortunately cannot show funds of 12k over 6 months as I do not have it. Plus it is a damn tall order to try and earn that in India in less than 4 months. Just not gonna happen, so I will have to simply rely on EE ITA. Ffs.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Leaving Canada on 30th. Flight ticket booked. I hope all of you who are here and have their permits expiring soon get to stay and do not face a situation like this. I hope you get ITAs. And I hope I do too even if from outside.

bloodbath11

Oct 20, 2015
JALT said:
We don't know - we all want to know as well

My suggestion is just wait a little while, the 'changes' that are supposed to be happening are supposed to be in the next few months, if you've been waiting since March, then it's not going to hurt you to wait a bit longer - give yourself the deadline of your birthday ::)
Thanks JALT , I have been thinking the same .. hopefully something positive happens in next few months for all of us. :)

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Leaving Canada on 30th. Flight ticket booked. I hope all of you who are here and have their permits expiring soon get to stay and do not face a situation like this. I hope you get ITAs. And I hope I do too even if from outside.
Sorry to hear about status, i know how bad it feels to take such flights.
I took mine on August 18, hope we all make it.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Thank you Alexios and intensecool, I am feeling hopeful despite this setback. I really hope we make it. I will continue to follow and post even from there; a day later.

Mike-D

Dec 21, 2015
Sorry to hear about you having to head back raven00090. I may have to as well in a couple of months. I hope us CEC applicants who've been hard done by the recent increase in scores have a turn of luck by the end of the year at least.

I wanted to ask if you made any changes to your EE profile? I was wondering since my PGWP expired on Aug 4 and I've applied for an open work permit ext. I did stop working as of Aug 4 to be on the safe side, would i need to update my EE profile with that info?
And as a CEC applicant without a valid job to show that I can sustain myself in the country now, is there another way to apply for PR without having to show POF? or showing POF the only option without a valid job?

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With 714 candidates being invited to apply for immigration to Manitoba and around 600 for British Columbia, will it affect CRS score in the upcoming draws?
Share your thoughts please.