+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
veritas said:
Now that their plan to bring in 25K refugees has been accomplished, will the number of ITAs increase??
No. The two things are not exactly relevant. ITAs are low because they have no reason to increase them and there is likely a massive bottleneck at 481.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aircanada said:
No. The two things are not exactly relevant. ITAs are low because they have no reason to increase them and there is likely a massive bottleneck at 481.
Okay, that might be the case.

IMO, if its not the refugees, its likely to be the backlog. Many people are saying that the backlog is too huge to be cleared by September. Half of the immigrant quota this year is supposed to be non-EE applicants from the backlog. It makes sense that they might have a quota for the number of applications in backlog to be cleared this year.

There wasn't always a bottleneck at 481. It happened because they reduced the number of EE ITAs because of a reason we can't be sure of yet.

We will find out by September hopefully if this really is the case though. :)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
veritas said:
Okay, that might be the case.

IMO, if its not the refugees, its likely to be the backlog. Many people are saying that the backlog is too huge to be cleared by September. Half of the immigrant quota this year is supposed to be non-EE applicants from the backlog. It makes sense that they might have a quota for the number of applications in backlog to be cleared this year.

There wasn't always a bottleneck at 481. It happened because they reduced the number of EE ITAs because of a reason we can't be sure of yet.

We will find out by September hopefully if this really is the case though. :)
There isn't exactly any reason or rush for them to clear out backlog so they can increase EE invitations. The CRS scores may never go below 482 again and nobody really would care. I most certainly wouldn't count on it. Government works differently than the private sector, they are not exactly worried about increasing business.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Sorry to hear that. Let's hope McCallum gets his finger out of his a-r-s-e then and gets a move on
Yes, or that the scores drop because I am at 461 and there are many who are 450-470. But nobody can tell what the score will be or that it will remain like this, nobody can tell anything with any accuracy.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Keep the dream alive guys hehe. CIC mist have a plan in mind on what to do with the number of applicants waiting. For as long as the processing times remains within 6 months in average it should be fine.

GSSODHI

May 3, 2016
They are not even concerned to release mid year report stats.Something to hear out after September Session of Parliament?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
MH_A said:
They turned our birthdays to a sad event where we lose 5 points.
agreed

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Yes, the most stupid thing ever. My company also lost one talent Logistics manager due to some bs reason. Seems like all skilled applicants are having extremely hard time with LMIA, while all the Timmies, McD and ethnic restaurants "food supervisors" are handed LMIA left and right.
You have to know how to write the LMIA application properly. We had 70-some-odd applicants. I helped write the LMIA, and it came back perfectly fine.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyt0plas said:
You have to know how to write the LMIA application properly. We had 70-some-odd applicants. I helped write the LMIA, and it came back perfectly fine.
That application was written and sent by our in-house Legal team, not by HR alone. The funny thing is that my company did two LMIAs that year, for a warehouse worker and the Logistics manager. Only the Logis manager's LMIA got rejected. Not sure if it had anything to do with her being a Chinese.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aircanada said:
There isn't exactly any reason or rush for them to clear out backlog so they can increase EE invitations. The CRS scores may never go below 482 again and nobody really would care. I most certainly wouldn't count on it. Government works differently than the private sector, they are not exactly worried about increasing business.
what is the base or source of your information? or it is just your gut feeling?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I know this is the Ray of Hope thread so I hesitate to add this, but the way EE is set up with a one year expiry on all applications to pool, there shouldnt be a back up as there was in the previous process. People will find other opportunities and life changes. No one can predict how the CRS will be set from one month to the next. Work toward your goals and find joy in your life. All the best.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Check this out: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-chat-group-ask-any-question-unrestricted-thread-t432039.150.html

cococly said:
For CEC-inland applicants only :-X FSW applicants from Nov are still waiting....
rajkamalmohanram said:
Some October and almost all of the November applicants are waiting!! There's also a September applicant "Rafzy" still waiting for nomination.
So, if CEC inland -ontario are working on Jan applications. Means few late Jan and early Feb applications are remaining
and FSW - still Nov. Means late Nov, Dec, Jan and early Feb applications are also remaining.
------
That means, another 3-4 months OINP is releasing notification (600 CRS) and other provinces too....So, when is the CRS going down ? :eek:
Before it go down, OINP will reopen.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I am sorry Nick~Nick, I don't know what you mean exactly. Are you saying that in 3 to 4 months scores will go down? Or that OINP will be available again by then?