+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Means the job offer must be in NOC level 0, A or B. If you don't have a qualified job offer then how can you earn the experience?
You could be at the end of a PGWP so have the experience but no job offer to continue

Alexios07 said:
In addition, you cannot claim foreign experience for CEC stream, since this stream will be used exclusively for former international students with QUALIFIED job offer.
What about temporary workers? Shouldn't they qualify under CEC as well?

Alexios07 said:
We don't need to split anything, just different cut-off score and ITAs for each different streams. Like for next draw, cut-off score will be 430 points and 1000 ITAs for CEC applicants, but 450 points and 1500 ITAs for FSW
Yeah I can see the benefit in that

IMO I think the whole cut-off score and points system is bull**** anyway. Feels more like Hunger Games, or Battle Royale then an immigration pool. They should just set a standard criteria (X-years experience, X-qualifications, X-language ability, between ages X and X etc.) and anybody that meets the criteria should be eligible to apply. Then just do it on a first-come first served basis for each intake. But then as I've said it before I'm bitter because my points go down to 39/110 for age in about 3 weeks so my EE score is only just above 400 - So obviously I'm twisting this to suit my best interests.. not from a Canadian taxes point of view ::)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Alexios07 said:
Means the job offer must be in NOC level 0, A or B. If you don't have a qualified job offer then how can you earn the experience?
Offer means something specific. CEC is about experience. In real life there are no written 'offers' or anything like that. You do well in the interview, they send you the contract. If you like, you start working on Monday. Offer is more of an abstract thing that refers to an instant.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
aircanada said:
Offer means something specific. CEC is about experience. In real life there are no written 'offers' or anything like that. You do well in the interview, they send you the contract. If you like, you start working on Monday. Offer is more of an abstract thing that refers to an instant.
I've been sent formal job offers before, which I've had to accept or not. In fact my department colleague is choosing between 2 job 'offers' from universities (one in US and one in Canada) at the moment. She has to formally accept one and refuse the other. She had letters in the mail for both offers.

Depends on your field I'd say.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
IMO I think the whole cut-off score and points system is bull**** anyway. Feels more like Hunger Games, or Battle Royale then an immigration pool. They should just set a standard criteria (X-years experience, X-qualifications, X-language ability, between ages X and X etc.) and anybody that meets the criteria should be eligible to apply. Then just do it on a first-come first served basis for each intake. But then as I've said it before I'm bitter because my points go down to 39/110 for age in about 3 weeks so my EE score is only just above 400 - So obviously I'm twisting this to suit my best interests.. not from a Canadian taxes point of view ::)
You are indeed twisting it. Your recommendation was exactly the previous system before EE, and it was stupid as hell. It's also the major reason that created the huge backlog we are having. With that FCFS system, IRCC cannot control the intake applications and the quality of the applicants. The Express Entry is definitely a better system, clearer requirements and processing time. What we need is to refine it, streamline it and split applicants into different streams.

aircanada said:
Ok, what I meant about the "job offer" is actually the job you have. َQualified job lead to qualified experience to apply for CEC stream.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
You are indeed twisting it. Your recommendation was exactly the previous system before EE, and it was stupid as hell. It's also the major reason that created the huge backlog we are having. With that FCFS system, IRCC cannot control the intake applications and the quality of the applicants. The Express Entry is definitely a better system, clearer requirements and processing time. What we need is to refine it, streamline it and split applicants into different streams.
No, what I meant was they either have a pool like the EE system, but instead of points applicants have an application number and are invited in turn.... or they do like SINP and the computer system just opens when they want to do an intake and then closes for applications when the X threshold has been reached.

But I wasn't here for the old system, so I didn't see what a mess it was

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
IRCC cannot control the intake applications and the quality of the applicants.
Actually you're right about that - SINP can't control the quality of the applicants, even though there's specific criteria, and then they have to open up again later down the line because they've rejected half the applicants.

Same applies to EE of course, a lot of time the NOC code turns out to be a C instead of a B for example and CIC have to reject applicants... perhaps not as much though.

Yeah, I guess EE is a better system. But, I think they should be more transparent about the chances of receiving ITA. There are 1000's of people in the pool who are never ever going to get picked. I keep going because I haven't finished my PhD yet and I'll have a 3-yr work visa after, so even though I'm losing points left right and centre for age, my score will still go up to around 465-470 by the time I have 1 year Canadian experience... so I still have some hope. But some people in the pool are already maxed out.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I can see why JALT would want it to be that way. Losing a substantial number of points for age is just retarded. I would be pissed as hell too if I was in the same position. I am stressed just being in the position I currently am in, I can't even imagine how it would feel to be gaining just 39/110 and getting just a bit over 400.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
JALT said:
I've started a new topic, I've found some actual info on the Express Entry situation
Frankly speaking, I was very much confident of my score while I was creating EE profile a month back. 475 looked like a decent score but this backlog, new changes and what not, I'm loosing interest. Hoping to get ITA soon!!

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
YOF2015 said:
When are we expecting the 41st Draw?? 25th of August??
24th August.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
raven00090 said:
I am sorry Nick~Nick, I don't know what you mean exactly. Are you saying that in 3 to 4 months scores will go down? Or that OINP will be available again by then?
What I mean exactly was: OINP and other PNP are still running with lots of nominations (for there backlogs), that means in express entry many applications are getting added each week with 600 (PNP score) and if that is the situation for another 2-3 months (and it will be), how can we think CRS will go down ??

And in another case, after each pnp complete with all their backlogs, they will restart again for 2017, that means more applications in EE with PNP score.

From last 2-3 months, all draw was 480+, which means there are 1000's of applications now in between 450 to 480, even from Sep if they release more ITA, it will be hard to reach back to 450. Before EE reach to 450, PNP will start giving its new nominations for 2017.

We have 4 months remaining in this yr, OINP might start again from Nov. Consider OINP complete all the backlogs application before Dec (2016 applications) and they restart for 2017. OINP said it takes 5-6 months for approval nominations, so that small period between all backlogs done and new nominations, that will be the period where we can see the CRS going down..but it will be the small gap...

Overall, I can't see CRS to 450 sooner or even in this yr...

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
The number of invitations will remain around 750 for the entire year. The CRS scores also will be around 480-500 range. Unless the 2017 immigration plan increases the number of skilled workers, the CRS score will remain the same in 2017 as well.

The only hope seems to be that the government may increase the immigration quota in 2017 since pre-2015 backlog may get cleared. And there will not be any extra quota allocated to refugees.

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
ajithj said:
The number of invitations will remain around 750 for the entire year. The CRS scores also will be around 480-500 range. Unless the 2017 immigration plan increases the number of skilled workers, the CRS score will remain the same in 2017 as well.

The only hope seems to be that the government may increase the immigration quota in 2017 since pre-2015 backlog may get cleared. And there will not be any extra quota allocated to refugees.
Just wild guess here ? Any info to back that up ? I'm tired of people who just post "stuff" to frustrate everyone even more.