+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
Wait, what? I have AAT and ACCA certificates on my EE profile as well (4 yrs worth in total).
I have 3 * AAT levels, and 1 * ACCA level (part-qual). I was an AAT member, but I changed career before going the whole ACCA route.

Could you tell me how are we're supposed to enter them please?
These certificates and designations basically mean nothing to the current CRS score system. I have a Bachelor degree from University of Toronto with CPA and ACCA designations, so I chose education level as "two or more diplomas and certificates....." option which is 8 points higher than a Bachelor degree. Apparently you can't. So yeah, fun stuff. And I actually wrote a complain letter to CIC and John MCcallum, but haven't heard anything.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
These certificates and designations basically mean nothing to the current CRS score system. I have a Bachelor degree from University of Toronto with CPA and ACCA designations, so I chose education level as "two or more diplomas and certificates....." option which is 8 points higher than a Bachelor degree. Apparently you can't. So yeah, fun stuff. And I actually wrote a complain letter to CIC and John MCcallum, but haven't heard anything.
So what in the hell do they really mean by "two or more diplomas and certificates....."? What really counts there? I had done a post-grad certificate program. Logic would say that these things should count.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
siriusnick said:
I'm a bit confused. Did you get your CPA, passed all the exams and required courses? And are you a member of CPAO?

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Innana said:
I'm a bit confused. Did you get your CPA, passed all the exams and required courses? And are you a member of CPAO?
Yes I did, and yes I am.
Everywhere on the CIC website, including the ECA definition seems fit for CPA and ACCA designation, and common sense as well. But nope for CIC officers apparently.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
siriusnick said:
I got ITA and submitted my APR, after 150 days they updated my CIC online and gave me a Refusal Letter saying there is a change in my Education that brought my CRS below ITA cutoff.
So I ordered a GCMS, and on the 42 days after AOR, an officer cut me 8 points back to Bachelor level and my CRS dropped just 1 point below ITA that round.

Not only they value both of my accounting designations, that I worked for 5 years to get with strict working experience requirement, as nothing compare to a 6 months cooking diploma from a wild street college.
But what really pissed me off is that they made the decision and intentionally waited 100+ days to fking tell me, just so that they can stop me from resubmitting my application that increases their workload. And the same thing happened with countless other people as well, they just willingly waste 100+ days of people's life and only tell them when they had to.
I was thinking that these types of behavior was related to the previous government.
I had 4 years of professional engineering work experience back in my country. They rejected my application in PhD stream (before express entry) because the job definition did not match their definition. I was always telling myself that it was previous government and in this one things might be different, but forgot that they are the same people with the same mindset.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
siriusnick said:
Yes I did, and yes I am.
Everywhere on the CIC website, including the ECA definition seems fit for CPA and ACCA designation, and common sense as well. But nope for CIC officers apparently.
And they still said no? how?! I would get a lawyer (or write a really good submission letter) and apply again. Call CIC and ask if the degree counts as "2 or more degree". CPA is hard as ****. The only good thing is when you hopefully become PR, charge people through the roof when they come for auditing. I had a CPA writing me a letter (1 page letter) for my LMIa (which failed) and he charged me 1400$ for it lol

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
siriusnick said:
Yes I did, and yes I am.
They have unwritten laws everywhere.
This happened for me for provincial nominee. Nowhere in their website they talk about CPP and EI, but I am about to get rejected because of them.
Now I am even afraid maybe for EE they don't accept my Canadian work experience for the same reason. This means that I was waiting for nothing, and I was just wasting my energy and money in the last 7 months!

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
They have unwritten laws everywhere.
This happened for me for provincial nominee. Nowhere in their website they talk about CPP and EI, but I am about to get rejected because of them.
Wait, what!? What about the CPP and EI (pardon my ignorance on this matter)?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
raven00090 said:
Wait, what!? What about the CPP and EI (pardon my ignorance on this matter)?
I applied for provincial nominee.
When I was supposed to hear from them, the officer called me and told me that my job experience is not considered as a job because I don't have CPP and EI deducted from my paycheck.
She was about to reject my application, but I argued with her and told her what I did, Then she agreed to wait. Now I am changing my position from postdoc to research associate which has CPP and EI deductions, but I have to wait for her final decision to see if I will pass this step's dragon!!
I asked her if this is the same for EE, and she told me that she is not aware of the rules in EE.

I live in Alberta and after getting nominee, I have to apply for PR that takes around 15 months to process(the second stage dragon!). She told me that even after getting my nomination, I might get rejected if my work does not fit their description!

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Innana said:
And they still said no? how?! I would get a lawyer (or write a really good submission letter) and apply again. Call CIC and ask if the degree counts as "2 or more degree". CPA is hard as ****. The only good thing is when you hopefully become PR, charge people through the roof when they come for auditing. I had a CPA writing me a letter (1 page letter) for my LMIa (which failed) and he charged me 1400$ for it lol
For CIC, seems like the "degree, diploma, certificate etc." only applies to the ones issued by a "traditional education institution". But they just willingly ignore the value of the certificate itself. Not only CPA requires a significantly high professional skill level to pass multiple exams, it also requires 3 years of qualified senior accounting working experience in order to be chartered. And CPA Ontario is actually indeed a non-for-profit education institution by the way. Apparently that worth less than some trash college 6 months diploma.
And if ITA kept been that high, I may seriously go to Seneca to take a bloody weekend cooking diploma course.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
She told me that even after getting my nomination, I might get rejected if my work does not fit their description!
I hope you don't get rejected and that it works out perfectly in your favour!

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
siriusnick said:
Damn, sorry for that!

My biggest fear is that I FINALLY get ITA and then after months I get rejected for not filling in one tiny box correctly somewhere in 30 pages of document :-X

GMoney

Jul 14, 2016
siriusnick said:
For CIC, seems like the "degree, diploma, certificate etc." only applies to the ones issued by a "traditional education institution". But they just willingly ignore the value of the certificate itself. Not only CPA requires a significantly high professional skill level to pass multiple exams, it also requires 3 years of qualified senior accounting working experience in order to be chartered. And CPA Ontario is actually indeed a non-for-profit education institution by the way. Apparently that worth less than some trash college 6 months diploma.
And if ITA kept been that high, I may seriously go to Seneca to take a bloody weekend cooking diploma course.
Oh man this is terrible. They should definitely clarify the language because saying "degree, diploma, certificate..." makes it vague and open to interpretation. Clearly they want those two degrees from a recognized traditional institution, such as having two bachelor's degrees - so they should state that.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
siriusnick said:
The score system has no regard to Canadian education and professional certificates, this is really sad. I spent years to get my Chartered Professional Accountant and ACCA designation, and yet, they are not even counted as additional "diploma or certificate", that how they refused my first ITA, this is just beyond stupid.
Siriusnick - Im in a similar situation. Was your ACCA qualification included in your WES ECA? Did the WES summary report show that you had multiple degrees? I would be very surprised if your ECA was overruled.