+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - STEM Draw

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Hoping for big STEM otherwise with the recent cutoff of 500, if they give 500 ITA to STEM still the score will be in the high 480s.
And it also makes sense to conduct STEM draw after 500+ is cleared, as it is now.
So yes, hoping for a draw sometime soon!

nad_16

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Unfortunately, this week's draw yielded nothing for the STEM category once again, with the luck favoring the French and health categories. :( Do we have any chance?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Unfortunately, this week's draw yielded nothing for the STEM category once again, with the luck favoring the French and health categories. :( Do we have any chance?
They said they had tech issues in making other category draws here: https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20231024/-1/40096?Embedded=true&globalstreamId=20&viewMode=3

Good news is that, they mentioned that they'll make up for the less number of draws - which could mean larger draws in the future.

aalalapaai

Sep 12, 2023
My rather pessimistic guess is that they are going to wait until December to check if STEM targets are met without the category draw, and based on where they are, will make one – big or small or not at all. Pure guess, will be happy if I'm wrong. I think this really big Healthcare draw – bigger than the first two combined – is good news, and there also hasn't been one since the beginning of July.

I'm going to get some more conversational French practice anyway, it is fun

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
My rather pessimistic guess is that they are going to wait until December to check if STEM targets are met without the category draw, and based on where they are, will make one – big or small or not at all. Pure guess, will be happy if I'm wrong. I think this really big Healthcare draw – bigger than the first two combined – is good news, and there also hasn't been one since the beginning of July.

I'm going to get some more conversational French practice anyway, it is fun
Yep, I also expect, that STEM draw size will depend on final numbers of selected STEM profiles through No Program Specified draws and Francophone draws. But in case if they don't plan any huge NPS or French draws soon STEM draw could happen in November. At least I hope so =)

ViktorKosenko

Jul 6, 2023
Yep, but there is a bad sign.

This online service will be unavailable from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 5, 2023 Eastern time, in order to perform system maintenance.

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Yep, but there is a bad sign.

This online service will be unavailable from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 5, 2023 Eastern time, in order to perform system maintenance.
Why so?
There are no draws because of IT issues and during this maintenance the problem might be resolved.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay