+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Guys, especially those who are applying under OINP, if you are married, include your spouse and select the IELTS exam as NA. Then, If your score is 472 it will come down to 454 which is good enough for the tech draws. This can be applied to french stream as well. Thank me later.
Not able to understand why OINP puts a range and if you are over higher threshold then you are not invited , very irrational but looking for other inputs as well. You set up lower range but why to set up upper range , not sure .

Reactions: fridge03

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Not able to understand why OINP puts a range and if you are over higher threshold then you are not invited , very irrational but looking for other inputs as well. You set up lower range but why to set up upper range , not sure .
Can someone please direct me towards OINP link on this site, where I can get all the info?

Do I need a job offer from Ontario for ONIP?

Last edited:

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
True...really good news for all
Very Good for folks who are in the USA and are in pool but not sure how this would help FSW candidates as they don’t differentiate if person is from the USA or any other country . Having said that, this would definitely help people( in the USA) who already got ITA and waiting for their COPR approval.

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Include me. I am moving from the US to Canada and not gonna head back. I am done with the broken immigration system in the US.
Yeah, I think above post misunderstood you, anybody on H1B or any non-immigrant visa would try for Canada but not true for GC holders and Citizens of the USA. Very few would move from states to canada having GC or citizen of the USA .

Reactions: RajKannan

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Thank you!

Looks like I need a job offer to be eligible for ONIP.
Hmm, I would not conclude that , you have to be in a specific NOC and within a certain range . Why do think you need a job offer ? Unless , your score is not reaching within that threshold ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sir, which government official said when draw would happen or not ?
None.

People on this forum are guessing when the draw will be.

There has been no information from government officials on the next draw.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Hmm, I would not conclude that , you have to be in a specific NOC and within a certain range . Why do think you need a job offer ? Unless , your score is not reaching within that threshold ?
Oh ok, I just had a quick squeeze and incorrectly presumed I need a job offer.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I'm a microelectronics engineer. What I'm saying is if your under the H1B VISA program and the company you're working for suddenly decides to lay you off for reasons, the US will kick you out. Whereas if you're a PR in Canada, even if the company decides you're out, you get to stay in Canada.
H1B and PR aren’t even remotely comparable though so of course those are the options

Reactions: scylla
Status
Not open for further replies.