+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
I am one of the many candidates trying to learn French to boost my score and hopefully get an ITA.

For me, Canada is worth every penny and every effort I am putting into. Its about the culture, the way of life, the value placed on hard work and where the sky is the limit.
Learning french for Canada immigration is one of the most fulfilling endeavours i have ever undertaken. It's extremely rewarding even beyond immigration.

I started from level 0 and successfully passed TEF at first attempt. That boosted my score. I got ITA in December 2019 at age 38, AOR february 2020. Then Corona happened. All stages passed, yet no PPR. I started teaching french for free in August 2020 then in November, i was approached for paid classes.

French has helped to keep my sanity as i continue to wait for the golden mail.

Keep learning. Bon courage!

Hossam777

May 13, 2021
Learning french for Canada immigration is one of the most fulfilling endeavours i have ever undertaken. It's extremely rewarding even beyond immigration.

I started from level 0 and successfully passed TEF at first attempt. That boosted my score. I got ITA in December 2019 at age 38, AOR february 2020. Then Corona happened. All stages passed, yet no PPR. I started teaching french for free in August 2020 then in November, i was approached for paid classes.

Don't you get the AOR immediately or in 24 hours after submitting the application? I read it's an automatic message from the system. Just worried because my ietls results will expire next November, so I might not have time to receive AOR after submitting if a draw ever happened.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Wait I think your old post is what gave me the inspiration to start learning! I took a few more months than you to take the exam though haha

Reactions: dayocanny
D

Deleted member 1006777

Don't you get the AOR immediately or in 24 hours after submitting the application? I read it's an automatic message from the system. Just worried because my ietls results will expire next November, so I might not have time to receive AOR after submitting if a draw ever happened.
AOR happens within 24 hours of you submitting your application. You can submit your application upto 90 days after ITA. So you'd need to have all your documents ready to go and valid when you receive your ITA if you want an immediate AOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hossam777

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I checked and found voyager123 and his posts are gone. is it mods work or voyager123 itself gone ? : /
Unknown Member! How = dunno ‍♂!!

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
I got AOR immediately i submitted the application

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada Lauded As 2021 Permanent Resident Numbers Rise In Face Of COVID-19

Canada has been given the thumbs up for its success in boosting number of permanent resident arrivals despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The improvement we’re seeing in permanent resident admissions is encouraging and good news for the economy,” says Iain Reeve, associate director of immigration research at the Conference Board of Canada.

“Immigration helps stimulate the economy, and with deliberate policy choices regarding settlement services and credential recognition, these economic impacts can be enhanced as we emerge from the global pandemic.”

When COVID-19 first hit Canada early last year, Ottawa quickly put in place public health restrictions, including border closures for non-essential travel and, later, COVID-19 testing upon arrival for travelers coming into Canada. Travellers were – and still are – required to stay three days in a government-designated hotel to await the results and then spend the rest of their 14-day self-isolation elsewhere under the Quarantine Act.

All of that and the grounding of most flights worldwide slowed immigration to a trickle. Permanent residency applications to Canada dropped by 56 per cent for the period from March through to December last year compared to the same period in 2019.

Canada Speeds Up Processing By Going Digital
As the pandemic continued to rage, though, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) took a series of steps to cut down on processing times for permanent residency applications. Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino outlined his vision for a completely digital immigration process that would speed things up.

“My vision for our immigration system going forward is that it is completely virtual and touchless and that each and every one of these steps is integrated so that we become the envy of the world,” he said in an online interview with TVO last month.

Canada is already a world leader in putting its immigration processes online, he said.

“In a world that is increasingly going virtual, we are leading the way, especially when it comes to our immigration system,” he said in that interview. “We are the only ones that have moved our citizenship ceremony online, to my knowledge, and now we are also moving into the digital space when it comes to testing applicants.”

In addition to hastening the IRCC’s decision to go digital with its processes, the COVID-19 pandemic also changed the demographic profile of those immigrants who did manage to come to Canada.

Immigrants Tend To Have More Canada Work Experience
In a report released last week, the Conference Board of Canada states that the first six months of last year saw a marked drop in refugee admission, which fell by 72 per cent, and family class admissions which dropped by 63 per cent. Both of these classes of immigrants only picked up later in the year.

While all of that was happening, admissions for immigrants arriving under economic class programs saw much less of a decline during the first six months of last year.

“By the end of 2020, the composition of permanent resident admissions was approaching its pre-pandemic distribution,” notes the Conference Board of Canada.

Throughout the pandemic, Ottawa has remained bullish on immigration and committed to its targets of 401,000 new permanent residents to Canada this year, 411,000 in 2022 and 421,000 in 2023.

Earlier this week, the immigration minister expressed his confidence Ottawa would be able to hit those targets despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I am confident that we are doing everything we can to meet that target and we will meet that target and the reason it is important to hit that target is that immigrants create jobs … and allow us to meet our workforce needs,” said Mendicino.

Stamp Of Approval For Canada Immigration Plan
The Conference Board of Canada’s own modelling reveals Ottawa’s plan is economically sound and high levels of immigration could lead to GDP growth of 44 per cent and a 15-per cent improvement in the ratio of working-age people to retirees. The country’s immigration plan could also add $50 billion in annual tax revenues to the public purse by 2036 to 2040.

“These benefits come from the fact that immigrants invest in Canada, are a source of labour and workplace talent, and provide demand for goods and services,” notes the Conference Board of Canada.

The think-tank recommends the Canadian government take the following six additional measures to make the most of immigration coming out of the pandemic:

1. Increase support for newcomers to ensure increased immigration doesn’t come at their expense;
  2. Temporarily prioritize entry streams where economic immigrants arrive with a job offer or continue to give permanent residency to temporary residents already in Canada, following the government’s recent move to admit 90,000 temporary workers in essential work and international students;
  3. Ensure successful integration by investing in settlement services and tackling long-standing barriers to economic integration, barriers which contributed to the labour market challenges immigrants faced during COVID-19;
  4. Expedite the arrival of family class immigrants to help economic immigrants participate in the labour force;
  5. Focus on regionalization to help offset the uneven effects of the pandemic. This may mean prioritizing programs such as the Provincial Nominee Program and Atlantic Immigration Program. It also means concentrating on encouraging immigrant retention in smaller communities;
  6. Make deliberate policy choices to improve economic outcomes. Economic outcomes aren’t set in stone. With efforts to improve immigrants’ economic outcomes, Canada could benefit even more;
Newcomers to Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic are more likely to have Canadian work experience or education and recent Express Entry draws suggest the number of immigrants with Canadian experience will only increase in 2021.

Reactions: fswinlander

Samy1403

Feb 23, 2021
After following this thread for a week , I guess a score of 475 in FSW submitted in April don't see an invite for couple of years. In the starting I was having plan , that I would be able to get an invite next month and I would be in Canada maybe in April 2022 but as far I can say that's not the case. Currently, my cousins who are in Canada have mentioned that the situation is getting better though.
Hahaha, I had the same planning, so much so that I declined a job offer with great pay hike so that I can increase my experience in a global brand company and thinking why to leave the company just for 6-8 months..But in hindsight it feels like mistake of a lifetime with significant opportunity cost.

• Sad
Reactions: shank15

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
OH yeah 10 pages of people complaining and saying they are better than cec applicants.. Or they deserve more...! Let's be happy for other people and be patient
More like 10 pages of making political accusations...

Reactions: cansha and scylla
Status
Not open for further replies.