+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
The increasing number of candidates really scares me, plus their extremely high CRS.
There are over 5000 people in the pool with 480+. Life gets hard for our FSW

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
What I don't understand is why can't IRCC just be open about their plans for FSW draws instead of being shady and conducting them whenever they feel like. A lot of people lost their chance last year due to age because of this CEC only BS.
I think the main reason they are not sharing plans is because IRCC is not yet sure about when / how they will be able to get back to "normal". Unfortunately, COVID situation is still unpredictable worldwide.

Reactions: EscoBlades

YsVV

May 25, 2017
Just did a rough math.
There were total 34,517 candidates in the pool with 450+ CRS as of March 15. After removing the PNP and CEC draw (5,183) yesterday and today, there are 26,334 candidates left in the pool with 450+CRS, and I believe most of them are FSW.
Wonder what will the cut-off be when a FSW draw is conducted

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
still 449 for CEC with 5000 invites ??

Canadian dream is officially done for FSW ~ I can't imagine once FSW is open
Thank you, and please don’t forget withdrawal your profile from the pool, at least slightly increase 0.0001% possibility of selection for our remaining hopers

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I am unable to accept most of your arguments. You are using samples from personal experience which is negligible. I am talking about the majority of the population. Private and Public IVY does provide aid to students but that's not for garbs for everyone. I see that you have no idea about state schools in the US. Texas A & M, U Mich, U of Minnesota are all state schools that require a GMAT of over 700+. Do your research. I don't know if you talking about GRE requirements in the US or Canada. I assume you are talking about the US. In the US, almost all schools require GRE scores. A handful of schools and shady universities does not require GRE. they just need out-of-state tuition. FYI, there are 4500 universities in the US. Do your math.

I have hands-on experience with H1 B. Even if you are the best of engineers out there, companies are reluctant in sponsoring H1B if you are outside of the US. Very few are lucky enough to get visa sponsorship. How is that representative of the entire population? I guess the chop shops you are referring to here are the Indian consultancies. They are shady and have caused so much trouble. The government doesn't care about it.

The US is not hard to immigrate to. It is doable but it is hard to stay forever. I do accept that Trump talked about legal immigrants but he only kept talking and did nothing. He floated the idea of points-based GC but it did not go anywhere. On the other hand, Democrats care less about legal immigrants because they are more focused on giving away green cards and citizenship to illegal immigrants. I don't blame it but it is unfair to someone who is legal in the US.

Again, you are moving the goal post. My argument was and is towards people who don't do research. It's not about anything else as you claim here.

We can go on arguing who is right here. But some facts remain the same. People who do less research and fail to keep up with the job market fail.
You are picking the cream of the state universities.

Let’s be fair, that second paragraph was straight forward.

Now, I doubt that 710.

I know a couple of candidates with 750+, the last thing they wanted to talk about was their GMAT score.

When a score is the highlight, usually other elements are not that great.

It’s none of my business, but the way you view yourself as a better researcher, while others you claim don’t know to even write a resume— causes others to know more and judge.

Best of luck here in Canada !!

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
For people that are really in a rush to move to Canada and currently dependent on FSW, maybe looking for a provincial nomination path is the best option currently.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
What I don't understand is why can't IRCC just be open about their plans for FSW draws instead of being shady and conducting them whenever they feel like. A lot of people lost their chance last year due to age because of this CEC only BS.
Don’t think even IRCC knows what they are doing lol

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Just did a rough math.
There were total 34,517 candidates in the pool with 450+ CRS as of March 15. After removing the PNP and CEC draw (5,183) yesterday and today, there are 26,334 candidates left in the pool with 450+CRS, and I believe most of them are FSW.
Wonder what will the cut-off be when a FSW draw is conducted
FSW inland(the one’s struggling to get that Canadian experience or are yet to get there)

The government may absorb these candidates with FSW-inland draws(immigration talk of the town here).

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
I don't see how IRCC how can process so many CEC applications unless they completely abandon already submitted FSW applications and focus solely on CEC applications. If this is really the case which seems highly likely, I doubt FSW draws being conducted for a long time.
Given that there have been no updates in my application since Dec 20 (also true for many people) it seems these applications are just being ignored and the so called 6 month timeline has been scrapped

Reactions: seadrag0n

YsVV

May 25, 2017
FSW inland(the one’s struggling to get that Canadian experience or are yet to get there)

The government may absorb these candidates with FSW-inland draws(immigration talk of the town here).
Well, a draw only for FSW-inland applicants requires a lot more effort than just a pure PNP or CEC draw (I guess). IRCC is not that hardworking lol.

Reactions: Uncle Yayo
D

Deleted member 1006777

Yeah, I am seeing little to no progress since MEP for most outland applications.
Not necessarily. Most of the actual details about passing eligibility and criminality aren't updated and can only be found out by calling an agent or through GMCS notes. Not everyone is doing that. From those who have, it seems like they're all pre PPR, and it makes sense that they're being put on hold to avoid issues with CoPRs expiring etc. You can't go to Canada anyway, so moving forward to the PPR stage is pointless at the moment. I think once vaccinations pick up pace and borders reopen, these applications may get through very quickly.

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
Not necessarily. Most of the actual details about passing eligibility and criminality aren't updated and can only be found out by calling an agent or through GMCS notes. Not everyone is doing that. From those who have, it seems like they're all pre PPR, and it makes sense that they're being put on hold to avoid issues with CoPRs expiring etc. You can't go to Canada anyway, so moving forward to the PPR stage is pointless at the moment. I think once vaccinations pick up pace and borders reopen, these applications may get through very quickly.
Totally agree with you. I have ordered GCMS notes, been close to 25 days now. Hoping they come in soon

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Who remembers this unexpected draw last year ?

Express Entry Draw March 23, 2020 #140

The Express Entry Draw took place on March 23, 2020, which was the 140th Express Entry Draw. The draw offered 3,232 ITA to those with a cut-off score of 467.

Reactions: Raj R Kapoor
Status
Not open for further replies.