+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

I took the TEF (computer version) last month. In fact I found the TCF slightly easier (notably the reading section)!

I wasn't going to ask for a review of the decision, then all this uncertainty over draws in the coming months started hitting hard. If there's the slightest chance I can get it overturned for a few hundred dollars consultant fees then I figure it's worth it ..

My argument will be that unless you falsify IELTS+ECA document information, it's impossible to pass the numerous steps of a PR application. A non-Canada TCF or TEF lets you sail through almost to the end, then they reject it :mad:
I don't understand any of this. If you took a TEF (assuming you mean TEF Canada), why do you need to overturn their decision to not allow TCF? Also, just a general suggestion, don't pay for immigration consultants. It is a complete waste of money. Any and all information you need can be easily found on the official website or on these forums.

What do you mean it is impossible to pass the steps of PR without falsifying IELTS+ECA docs? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have done so without issue. Non- Canada TEF or TCF lets you sail through to the end? End of what? I also looked at the wayback machine for the language requirements page, and it would seem apparently TCF has never been accepted...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My argument will be that unless you falsify IELTS+ECA document information, it's impossible to pass the numerous steps of a PR application.
This argument isn't valid. Falsifying IELTS + ECA means one is submitting fraudulent documentation which is punishable and IRCC can ban you for that. I concede that there may be a few cases where candidates are doing this but largely most candidates do not submit falsified documents.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
I don't understand any of this. If you took a TEF (assuming you mean TEF Canada), why do you need to overturn their decision to not allow TCF? Also, just a general suggestion, don't pay for immigration consultants. It is a complete waste of money. Any and all information you need can be easily found on the official website or on these forums.

What do you mean it is impossible to pass the steps of PR without falsifying IELTS+ECA docs? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have done so without issue. Non- Canada TEF or TCF lets you sail through to the end? End of what? I also looked at the wayback machine for the language requirements page, and it would seem apparently TCF has never been accepted...
Straight after the application rejection I passed the TEF Canada in order to start a fresh application.

While I wait for a draw I'm simultaneously pursuing a review of the rejection. Obviously if one is successful, I'll abandon the other.

The IRCC portal is designed to filter applications. You must have a valid IELTS and ECA to enter the pool and accept an ITA. With a non-valid TCF, you can however go through these steps. So there is unequal system procedures.

How did you check the language requirements as stated in 2019? Can you send me the link?

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
This argument isn't valid. Falsifying IELTS + ECA means one is submitting fraudulent documentation which is punishable and IRCC can ban you for that. I concede that there may be a few cases where candidates are doing this but largely most candidates do not submit falsified documents.
In addition, it's impossible to falsify IELTS or ECA, you give them only the certificate number. The only way would be to hack the IELTS database and upload false data :D

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
there was a post by IRCC on their website after the mega CEC draw. you're gonna have to seach it. they vaguely hinted at that in that post.
Are you refering to this notice? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/skilled-workers-in-canada.html
If so, I quote: IRCC will continue to accept and process Express Entry applications and looks forward to welcoming skilled workers from abroad when travel resumes.

So in my understanding, they will keep accepting new profiles and sending invites anyway. The difference is that even if you got your permanent visa, in case you live abroad, you will need to wait to travel. And that should not affect 90% of CEC applicants.

hkstud1989

Feb 24, 2020
Are you refering to this notice? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/skilled-workers-in-canada.html
If so, I quote: IRCC will continue to accept and process Express Entry applications and looks forward to welcoming skilled workers from abroad when travel resumes.

So in my understanding, they will keep accepting new profiles and sending invites anyway. The difference is that even if you got your permanent visa, in case you live abroad, you will need to wait to travel. And that should not affect 90% of CEC applicants.
I agree and I understand the same thing

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Phew :eek:
I searched and searched for proof that the IRCC used to accept the regular TCF (I can't imagine how else I made this mistake) - IRCC website screen shots from 2019 - but no joy
If anyone has anything I'd be eternally grateful!
Could it be that the confusion came from this :

We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:

(https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=572&top=5)

D

Deleted member 1006777

Straight after the application rejection I passed the TEF Canada in order to start a fresh application.

While I wait for a draw I'm simultaneously pursuing a review of the rejection. Obviously if one is successful, I'll abandon the other.

The IRCC portal is designed to filter applications. You must have a valid IELTS and ECA to enter the pool and accept an ITA. With a non-valid TCF, you can however go through these steps. So there is unequal system procedures.

How did you check the language requirements as stated in 2019? Can you send me the link?
But this seems weird. The requirements are identical. You need to declare your scores and education to enter the pool, and provide proof only after receiving the ITA. There is absolutely no inequality in procedures.

Here's the website I used. It basically archives different websites at earlier dates.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180926101656/https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

It looks like TEF was accepted once upon a time. TCF was never accepted. Now it's TCF Canada and TEF Canada. Like someone else pointed out, maybe you were looking at Quebec immigration, where they did (or do) accept TCF.

Edit: I think I understand your confusion. In the profile creation page, when it asks for language scores, the only two choices are TEF and TCF, but the truth is they mean TEF Canada or TCF Canada. That might have confused you and led you to take the regular TCF instead. Unfortunate. I hope you get the TEF results soon. I took TEF in February and got the results in 12 days, so I'm sure yours will get to you soon enough.

Plus, if you're french, the exam should be pretty easy for you anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scylla

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
But this seems weird. The requirements are identical. You need to declare your scores and education to enter the pool, and provide proof only after receiving the ITA. There is absolutely no inequality in procedures.

Here's the website I used. It basically archives different websites at earlier dates.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180926101656/https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

It looks like TEF was accepted once upon a time. TCF was never accepted. Now it's TCF Canada and TEF Canada. Like someone else pointed out, maybe you were looking at Quebec immigration, where they did (or do) accept TCF.

Edit: I think I understand your confusion. In the profile creation page, when it asks for language scores, the only two choices are TEF and TCF, but the truth is they mean TEF Canada or TCF Canada. That might have confused you and led you to take the regular TCF instead. Unfortunate. I hope you get the TEF results soon. I took TEF in February and got the results in 12 days, so I'm sure yours will get to you soon enough.

Plus, if you're french, the exam should be pretty easy for you anyway.
Thanks for the link

See you all in a few days as we wait for news of the 50,000 all program draw :)

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
ircc said they would continue draws when travel restrictions are lifted. currently restrictions are in effect till april 21 so probably no draws till april 21.
Anna Mehler Papperny article from March 4th 2021 on CTV news has Mendocinos latest interview.
"Analysts see Canada's new push for permanent residents as a short-term solution"

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager123

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
The article also mentioned that turning temporary residents to permanent residents will certainly meet their goals through 2022. Does that mean there will be less or hardly any or no chance for outlanders? I wish the Canadian government keeps us informed about their plans are..if they would continue all program draws..if so by when or they would halt all program draws for a specific period....if we are informed about these, we can plan our future with regards to our finances, jobs and efforts. It was disheartening to read an article published in CIC news about those people who left their jobs, sold everything and were ready to go to Canada but are now in their home countries with an uncertainty of what the future holds for them. I hope the government also considers the plight the outlanders are facing

Reactions: armitabbsn
Status
Not open for further replies.