+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesin

Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone, recently received an ITA so have a question about work history / personal history section of the post ITA section of EE Profile. Hoping someone else who may have been in a similar situation can guide :

If one goes for work related trips overseas such as meetings / conferences etc, however, the visa organized by the employer is a "tourist visa" (easier to obtain / less paperwork and hassle etc), what would be the most appropriate way to classify this under the work history / personal history / travels sections?

I am afraid if I just mention that it was a travel, it would be a lie but the visa stamps would be for Tourist Visas so it may cause some confusion for the officer :(

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello everyone, recently received an ITA so have a question about work history / personal history section of the post ITA section of EE Profile. Hoping someone else who may have been in a similar situation can guide :

If one goes for work related trips overseas such as meetings / conferences etc, however, the visa organized by the employer is a "tourist visa" (easier to obtain / less paperwork and hassle etc), what would be the most appropriate way to classify this under the work history / personal history / travels sections?

I am afraid if I just mention that it was a travel, it would be a lie but the visa stamps would be for Tourist Visas so it may cause some confusion for the officer :(
Just mention what ever your visa says

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
That's an expensive program, how a are you funding it?
You can still try get an ITA even while on program.
Got a 35k scholarship and will be funding the rest with a bank loan ( got a low interest education loan from my home country thankfully ).

no idea if a Canadian mba will help me land a PR and a job but that’s the plan for now

Reactions: BlindGoku

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Got a 35k scholarship and will be funding the rest with a bank loan ( got a low interest education loan from my home country thankfully ).

no idea if a Canadian mba will help me land a PR and a job but that’s the plan for now
It will certainly help for both things, congrats!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Came across this on Facebook, the band Apocalyptica is supposed to be touring in Canada during late August/early September according to their website. Maybe we can expect travel restrictions to lift around that time and FSW draws to resume a little before then? I know all this can change if situation is still the same or worse, just speculating.

Source: https://www.apocalyptica.com/

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Congratulations on getting into that program at that school! Very nice.

I recommend staying in the pool just in case you get drawn while you're studying. And if not, that master's will net you significantly more points, like mine did.

I think you've made a good choice for your future, and I hope you achieve all those goals. :)

Reactions: BlindGoku

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I am an FSW candidate sitting at 467, but I don't check frequently because I don't have much hopes of getting a direct ITA anymore. So, i checked after a week and my jaw dropped. Did IRCC really grant ITAs to all the CEC candidates in the pool?

While I am happy for these guys, what does that mean for FSW? The remaining quota is only 70K (including PNP, FST and FSW). Assuming there are 20 more draws scheduled for 2021 (as per the regular fortnightly pace), that's just 3500 ITAs every draw. That means, the CRS scores won't come below 470 in this year for sure. But again, I don't think IRCC has "for sure" in its dictionary. What a wild, tormenting ride!

To be secure, PNP seems to be the only way to go. Or, people can also try getting 50 additional points for French. Good luck to all FSW guys.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
I am an FSW candidate sitting at 467, but I don't check frequently because I don't have much hopes of getting a direct ITA anymore. So, i checked after a week and my jaw dropped. Did IRCC really grant ITAs to all the CEC candidates in the pool?

While I am happy for these guys, what does that mean for FSW? The remaining quota is only 70K (including PNP, FST and FSW). Assuming there are 20 more draws scheduled for 2021 (as per the regular fortnightly pace), that's just 3500 ITAs every draw. That means, the CRS scores won't come below 470 in this year for sure. But again, I don't think IRCC has "for sure" in its dictionary. What a wild, tormenting ride!

To be secure, PNP seems to be the only way to go. Or, people can also try getting 50 additional points for French. Good luck to all FSW guys.
ITAs aren’t PPRs

Reactions: EscoBlades

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
ONTARIO TECH DRAW JUST HAPPENED!

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

CRS Score Range: 453-467
Number of NOI issued: 1,186

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:
  • receive a notification of interest on February 16, 2021
  • can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
  • If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
The OINP has targeted candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:
  • 0213 Computer and information systems managers
  • 2147 Computer engineers
  • 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
  • 2173 Software engineers and designers
  • 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
  • 2175 Web designers and developers
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.

Last edited:

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
not to put my nose in your business but, assuming you don't speak french, if you can dedicate about 6 months into learning french you can secure 4 points from that and go up to 471, which has a lot of hope as fsw in 2021 and 2022. max out your english points too
Yea, you are right and I considered it but I am losing 5 points for age in may. So, even if I get 4 points, my score will be 466 after may. I was really desperate for a direct ITA but now PNP would be the only option for me. I know it takes longer and costs more but I can’t take the stress of waiting for an ITA anymore. I have had a rough last year as I started with 470 in Feb-20, lost out in tie breaker draw, reduced to 465 after losing 5 points in May-2020, increased to 467 by maxing out ielts in November. Now my profile is expecting next week and I ll lose 5 more points in May. I would rather secure an Ita by applying for a pnp, definitely easier than all the things I have to do to increase my score.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, want to understand regarding pcc. My AOR is 4th Jan 2021 and my india pcc is valid till 6th June 2021, us pcc valid till 20th May 2021. Should i raise another request for Pcc? I want to understand 6 months validity of pcc starts from when ? From AOR or from the time ircc picks up for processing security/background?

please help

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Do you guys think there will be an FSW draw soon? April maybe? I feel that they will not have another draw till the next 6 months at least!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
ONTARIO TECH DRAW JUST HAPPENED!

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

• can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
  • If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
The OINP has targeted candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.
They are still sticking to last all programs draw cut off despite having so many high scoring profiles in the pool, minimum score for this draw is 453!

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

It's too early to make predictions on what the cut-off score might be in the future. We don't know what the draw schedule will be, we don't know how many CEC candidates will enter the pool in the coming months. and we don't know what the draw sizes might be. And crucially, we don't know when they will restart all program draws.

IRCC could be planning to take a big break with draws after this mammoth one, by then the draw size may remain at 5k after the break.

My advice is just to make sure you already have your dossier of documents in order, and if you can work on improving your score in some way do that, and just concentrate on what you're doing right now in life.

As i said before, we're in uncharted territory, we cannot predict what the situation will be like in the future and when things will go back to normal.

Reactions: EscoBlades

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
February 16 , 2021
Tech draw: Issuance of notifications of interest by targeted occupations under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream
On February 16, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 453 and 467 and work experience in the NOC codes noted in the program update below.

BELOW are the ELIGIBILITY REQUIRMENTS for OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream:

FSW - at least 1 year of work experience in last 5 years in the primary NOC
CEC - at least 1 year of work experience in last 3 years in the primary NOC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.