+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Though still in shock and trying to wrap my head around this draw, there was this guy who swore he would leave the forum if a general draw didn't happen last July. He was a CEC candidate and couldn't make the cut for even the lowest CEC draws that took place during that time. I hope he got his ITA (of course profiles can expire). Anyone remember his name?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Though still in shock and trying to wrap my head around this draw, there was this guy who swore he would leave the forum if a general draw didn't happen last July. He was a CEC candidate and couldn't make the cut for even the lowest CEC draws that took place during that time. I hope he got his ITA (of course profiles can expire). Anyone remember his name?
I remember that guy.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/internationalmallu.712336/

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Its a fair decision for Canada, I have to admit. What’s the point of issuing COPRs to outlanders when they can’t even travel and then their COPRs expire. However, 27k ITAs in one-go will create a massive backlog, which will be even bad news to the ones who have their application in-process. I guess it is safe to say that there won’t be biweekly draws since they invited pretty much all the CECs in the pool eh?

Reactions: doug87z and upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
The latest draw doesnt make any sense to me/ just becuz of Covid they are accepting everyone in Canada without any criteria , while many fsw applicants with really high score are loosing points becuz of their age or ilets expiration. I just dont get it
Without any criteria?
Man, to be invite under CEC you need 1 yeas of skilled work experience in Canada.
FSW newer worked in Canada and some never gonna find a skilled job after arriving.
It is most logical approach IRCC could’ve taken.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Without any criteria?
Man, to be invite under CEC you need 1 yeas of skilled work experience in Canada.
FSW newer worked in Canada and some never gonna find a skilled job after arriving.
It is most logical approach IRCC could’ve taken.
I worked for 6 months in Canada but it is not enough to apply for CEC so I have to apply as FSW and I have enough score to be chosen. I just don't feel it fair that people with 75 CRS were chosen instead of FSW with 460+ score.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I worked for 6 months in Canada but it is not enough to apply for CEC so I have to apply as FSW and I have enough score to be chosen. I just don't feel it fair that people with 75 CRS were chosen instead of FSW with 460+ score.
It is not possible to have 75 points and be eligible for CEC. I believe they just put the random number to take every CEC from the pool.

I understand your point. But, right now it is pointless to process FSW and even issue COPR because no one can travel to Canada and I believe the ban will be there at least 1 more year.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
It is not possible to have 75 points and be eligible for CEC. I believe they just put the random number to take every CEC from the pool.

I understand your point. But, right now it is pointless to process FSW and even issue COPR because no one can travel to Canada and I believe the ban will be there at least 1 more year.
I agree with this. Age alone gives more than or at leasr 75 points. What about education and job experience points?

Your explanation seems to be the only logical conclusion.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Looks like you are right and every CEC candidate in the pool got invited which means there were only 27k CEC candidates in a pool of over 150k?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
This 27000+ draw looks more like a political statement than a reasonable judgement from IRCC
They want to invite every eligible CEC candidate. I believe this is a generous action by IRCC since there are CEC candidates who would otherwise never get ITA with the bi-weekly draw.

Reactions: shank15

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019

You know, at least that would secure my place in Canada.... Right now I'm in the pool waiting, if they send invites to FSW even if I can't travel that would be better because I would know that I can travel there as soon as restrictions are lifted. That's the point of making FSW even if there are restrictions.... plus they are taking 9+ months in processing an application... I see no reason of not making a FSW if still they will have to wait for months until they have CoPR

Reactions: ita_drgen and upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
You know, at least that would secure my place in Canada.... Right now I'm in the pool waiting, if they send invites to FSW even if I can't travel that would be better because I would know that I can travel there as soon as restrictions are lifted. That's the point of making FSW even if there are restrictions.... plus they are taking 9+ months in processing an application... I see no reason of not making a FSW if still they will have to wait for months until they have CoPR
Yes, but they don’t know for how long the restriction gonna stay. And they have their quotas to make. So it is much easier just to land every inland and meet their targets for this year...and see what happens next.

Reactions: doug87z
Status
Not open for further replies.