+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengan_lancar

Dec 27, 2020
You asked and I put my opinion. ☹Last year happened B2B CEC draws. They are totally unpredictable and they kill us with this situation
Last year (first half) the situation was so serious that the world shut down. IRCC's move back then actually makes sense to me. The second half year IRCC also resumed the program, and now with the vaccine rolling out and the strict control of most countries (I mean, the 2K quarantine cost is strict enough?), everything seems to on a more positive note, how can they decide to put FSW on hold at this moment...I seriously don't understand their capricious working style.o_O

Well, pardon me for this sort of negative attitude, I am not picking on you, my point is to whine at IRCC....

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Last year (first half) the situation was so serious that the world shut down. IRCC's move back then actually makes sense to me. The second half year IRCC also resumed the program, and now with the vaccine rolling out and the strict control of most countries (I mean, the 2K quarantine cost is strict enough?), everything seems to on a more positive note, how can they decide to put FSW on hold at this moment...I seriously don't understand their capricious working style.o_O

Well, pardon me for this sort of negative attitude, I am not picking on you, my point is to whine at IRCC....
They have stated that they have limited capacity to process fsw. The fsw draw won’t come back until they have the capacity to process. IRCC has a huge backlog and they still have not revealed any plans.

The vaccine rollout in Canada is delayed and Canada does not have any manufacturing capabilities. The government, not just the IRCC, has not been doing a good job the past 12 months.

Reactions: MapleSyrupPoutine

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Things got better. Then a second COVID wave came along, far worse than the first. So, perhaps Canada adjusts once again.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Things got better. Then a second COVID wave came along, far worse than the first. So, perhaps Canada adjusts once again.
Yes, but I'm pretty sure waves will be coming every winter now. New seasonal flu. No point on keeping things on hold indefinitely. Better just to take the blunt of the hit and move along.

Reactions: 123hope

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, but I'm pretty sure waves will be coming every winter now. New seasonal flu. No point on keeping things on hold indefinitely. Better just to take the blunt of the hit and move along.
Not necessarily this hard and with this many deaths, so long as we vaccinate. Which is happening in Canada, but at a newly slowed pace due to factory tweaks. An IRCC agent confirmed to me that they're short-staffed at the moment. Right now, Canada's cases are really high, their vaccination roll-out has been slowed, and they've just implemented even stronger travel restrictions. So, if things are getting better, it's taking a long time. Ontario's economy isn't even fully open again yet.

I don't doubt that things will return to normal eventually, but public health is assumedly the number 1 priority right now. My app has been sitting untouched since October 2020, which indicates there could be a huge backlog. I feel bad for those waiting, but, I assume IRCC's not rushing to draw even more candidates right now. Whatever needs to be done to get this pandemic under control needs to be done. That's the only way things return to what we knew before it seems.

biancaoa

Jul 21, 2020
Not necessarily this hard and with this many deaths, so long as we vaccinate. Which is happening in Canada, but at a newly slowed pace due to factory tweaks. An IRCC agent confirmed to me that they're short-staffed at the moment. Right now, Canada's cases are really high, their vaccination roll-out has been slowed, and they've just implemented even stronger travel restrictions. So, if things are getting better, it's taking a long time. Ontario's economy isn't even fully open again yet.

I don't doubt that things will return to normal eventually, but public health is assumedly the number 1 priority right now. My app has been sitting untouched since October 2020, which indicates there could be a huge backlog. I feel bad for those waiting, but, I assume IRCC's not rushing to draw even more candidates right now. Whatever needs to be done to get this pandemic under control needs to be done. That's the only way things return to what we knew before it seems.
Do you think that draw won’t come for more than 3 weeks ? I agree with you

saly118

Oct 29, 2019

My friend, while I agree with you that there could be a significant backlog but I couldn't disagree more with you on IRCC discouragement to draw candidates. Canada now needs more fresh residents than before to accelerate post pandemic back to normal.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
My friend, while I agree with you that there could be a significant backlog but I couldn't disagree more with you on IRCC discouragement to draw candidates. Canada now needs more fresh residents than before to accelerate post pandemic back to normal.
There is no point of drawing if they cannot process and that’s why they only invite cec now. That's the realistic goal to meet the targets.
They let in hundreds of thousands of students so the supply is enough.

Last edited:

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
While you can argue that more immigrants will help stimulate the country's economy, you can also just as easily argue that because of the job losses of locals it's not the right time to bring in a lot more new immigrants to increase competition for jobs, and increase pressure on government resources.

Now i think the need for immigration is recession proof as such, but this argument that immigration is this gravy train which will continue despite economic difficulties at the same rate and pace is still misplaced.

We've seen immigration cut in a lot of countries due to the pandemic, it doesn't mean that won't be the case for Canada eventually.

Don't want to be a debbie downer, but it's important to look at the situation objectively.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
While you can argue that more immigrants will help stimulate the country's economy, you can also just as easily argue that because of the job losses of locals it's not the right time to bring in a lot more new immigrants to increase competition for jobs, and increase pressure on government resources.

Now i think the need for immigration is recession proof as such, but this argument that immigration is this gravy train which will continue despite economic difficulties at the same rate and pace is still misplaced.

We've seen immigration cut in a lot of countries due to the pandemic, it doesn't mean that won't be the case for Canada eventually.

Don't want to be a debbie downer, but it's important to look at the situation objectively.
What is the point of making grand announcements like taking in 400k+ immigrants per year if IRCC is looking at the situation objectively?

Reactions: 123hope

wildwind123

Oct 18, 2020
What is the point of making grand announcements like taking in 400k+ immigrants per year if IRCC is looking at the situation objectively?
IRCC is prioritizing those already in Canada and turning the temporary workers and international students into PRs. And even if they didn't meet the 400k target, we would be bearing the consequences and IRCC has less to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.