+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I guess with 5000 itas per round for only cec, the cut off score will drop to 43x too fast, so they want to loose it up a a little bit, and save more avaiable Itas for all program draws when the lockdown is over. Its just my speculation

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
I personally think we are going to see significant decrease in the entries of pool population for some reasons
1. Aspirants lose their hope due to the unpredictable policy and waste of time and money
2.US is about to revoke some stringent regulations in favor of immigrants and students to get visas and green card
3.UK will consider new score based system for foreign skill worker to immigrate

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
I personally think we are going to see significant decrease in the entries of pool population for some reasons
1. Aspirants lose their hope due to the unpredictable policy and waste of time and money
2.US is about to revoke some stringent regulations in favor of immigrants and students to get visas and green card
I agree. But I still don't think that would move the Canadian govt, at least not until the pandemic relaxes significantly. If and when it does, we can predict faster processing times for EE applicants.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I think so to. To add, we’ve seen, approx 2-3k EE profiles going in to the pool every 2 weeks vs the 5k taken out by the EE draws.

jsinghnijjar

Dec 2, 2020
I learnt french to gain some points...got 5 points for french to reach a total of 470... But now fsw draws have stopped... Got birthday coming up in may...what a bummer.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. The US rules may become less stringent, but it's still going to be a luck based lottery system for H1B. It'll be a few years before they remove the green card backlog and begin to potentially implement a points based work visa system.

Second, teh UK thing is way way way more competitive. If you don't have a PhD, you're essentially shit out of luck.

The canadian PR system is stupid as hell and they heavily overvalue french language skills. Use that, learn french, and that's still going to be your quickest and cheapest path to PR.

Said1010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Totally agree with u.
It becomes waste of time, money, and hope.
Eventhough i think this pandemic will continue next year and maybe more and life needs to go on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I personally do not think there is any chance we are going to see a significant decrease in entries. There have been plenty of bad experiences for applicants in the past (including having applications in progress bulk canceled due to a program change back in the days before Express Entry). However people keep applying. Application rates were high before the US ever put the stringent regulations in place. Sure, some people will drop out - but then others will replace them.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I personally do not think there is any chance we are going to see a significant decrease in entries. There have been plenty of bad experiences for applicants in the past (including having applications in progress bulk canceled due to a program change back in the days before Express Entry). However people keep applying. Application rates were high before the US ever put the stringent regulations in place. Sure, some people will drop out - but then others will replace them.
Same, I believe that the program will become more popular as more people start to notice about it. Basically if you are young, with master's degree, 3 years of work experience and with good English, you have a decent shot of Canadian PR.

It will take years for USA's immigration to become accesible IMO. With Trump being out of office, only further complications where removed from an already hard system of immigration.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Same, I believe that the program will become more popular as more people start to notice about it. Basically if you are young, with master's degree, 3 years of work experience and with good English, you have a decent shot of Canadian PR.

It will take years for USA's immigration to become accesible IMO. With Trump being out of office, only further complications where removed from an already hard system of immigration.
Agreed. The USA's immigration program have been inaccessible through several Democratic presidents. This isn't going to magically change overnight.

Reactions: BlindGoku

dengan_lancar

Dec 27, 2020
Hello mates, I am new to EE.
I found this attrative immigration program on Dec last year, and just took IELTS.
To be fair, it is compratively easier than those of US, UK, Australia and Netherlands, so I put all my eggs into this on basket.
I thought there would be a draw this week, but it is unlikely to happen since today is Friday.
Have this happened before, that IRCC just decided to give it a break and put the draws on hold, and if yes how long the pause from your point of view?

Finger crossed for a soon-to-be FSW DRAW for all of us!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Agreed. The USA's immigration program have been inaccessible through several Democratic presidents. This isn't going to magically change overnight.
Yep the reason for that is that USA doesn't really need immigrants to have PR status to sustain them. US has a good enough population size and doesn't need more people to sustain like Canada does. Also, even with so many hurdles to get GC young people do want to go and work in USA because as of now (and for years to come), US is the best job market in the world.

I know of several people (and many examples on this forum) who didn't have a good chance of getting GC but still they stayed back in US even after getting Candian PR. Or the other case where people get PR here and as soon as they get Citizenship they leave and work in USA.

People will keep going to US for job opportunities and keep applying to CA as a backup option.

fmfame

Jan 2, 2021
Hello mates, I am new to EE.
I found this attrative immigration program on Dec last year, and just took IELTS.
To be fair, it is compratively easier than those of US, UK, Australia and Netherlands, so I put all my eggs into this on basket.
I thought there would be a draw this week, but it is unlikely to happen since today is Friday.
Have this happened before, that IRCC just decided to give it a break and put the draws on hold, and if yes how long the pause from your point of view?

Finger crossed for a soon-to-be FSW DRAW for all of us!
what is your CRS score?

dengan_lancar

Dec 27, 2020
what is your CRS score?
Hi, mine is 475, under the current pool it is a quite promising socre, but I cannot find suitable PNP with my NOC.
Another thing is my current job requires me to learn Spanish, so technically 475 is my highest as I cannot stand the language mix.
I am worried if IRCC keeps postoning FSW, and with the French score thing, the score will climb to a new level....

Status
Not open for further replies.