Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi friends,
I received NOI from OINP but my current company is not providing me the Reference letter along with duties and responsibilities.
They have clearly said no to any proof of responsibilities and duties.
Can anyone please help.
Did they say why? I never get why companies refuse this. It should be your right to get written confirmation that you do what you do.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Did they say why? I never get why companies refuse this. It should be your right to get written confirmation that you do what you do.
Agreed, get a written confirmation from the company that they do not issue a reference letter that states your roles and responsibilities. Attach it to your other proofs of employment

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hi Guys, I have received the OINP in yesterday's Ontario's OINP but my express entry is expiring on March 13. Can anyone please help me if my OINP will be acceptable after my profile expires or not ?
Dont worry you NOI from OINP will still be valid, but please remember that if your profile expires you will have to mail OINP (ontarionominee@ontario.ca), with a new EE profile and transfer your OINP application over to the new EE profile. I dont have first hand experience but I have come accross this info while applying for OINP - hope it helps.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hi friends,
I received NOI from OINP but my current company is not providing me the Reference letter along with duties and responsibilities.
They have clearly said no to any proof of responsibilities and duties.
Can anyone please help.
First of all, dont look for second options - do whatever in your power to get a reference letter (there is nothing that can replace this!) - But worse comes to worst if you are not able to get one, do everything to prove your effort to acquire one and also prove with as much evidence as you can you work experience. Include things like :
1. Correspondence email from employer - about them refusing to give reference letter
2. Job offer letters& relieving letters
3. Contract of employment
4. Playslips
5. Income tax documents
6. Job advertisements for you role detailing job description
7. Letter from a supervisor or colleague (include all detials needed in the reference letter especially duties and responsibilities ) and Get it Notarised
8. LinkedIn profile....
etc etc..
These are just examples think and give as much proof as you can.... The onus is on us to prove everything.

But please know that OINP is based on your NOC, so a work reference letter is THE most important document, all other substitutes can reduce your chances. Good luck!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
First of all, dont look for second options - do whatever in your power to get a reference letter (there is nothing that can replace this!) - But worse comes to worst if you are not able to get one, do everything to prove your effort to acquire one and also prove with as much evidence as you can you work experience. Include things like :
1. Correspondence email from employer - about them refusing to give reference letter
2. Job offer letters& relieving letters
3. Contract of employment
4. Playslips
5. Income tax documents
6. Job advertisements for you role detailing job description
7. Letter from a supervisor or colleague (include all detials needed in the reference letter especially duties and responsibilities ) and Get it Notarised
8. LinkedIn profile....
etc etc..
These are just examples think and give as much proof as you can.... The onus is on us to prove everything.

But please know that OINP is based on your NOC, so a work reference letter is THE most important document, all other substitutes can reduce your chances. Good luck!
Agreed. Get as much as you can in writing. Then even if you have to take screenshots and turn those into a PDF that you show IRCC, you'll have proof for them that you tried.

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am an FSW candidate and i got an NOI from Ontario yesterday at 467. I understand I have 45 days to apply for nomination but my express entry profile is expiring in 2 weeks. Can I still go ahead and apply for Ontario sponsorship? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
My speculation is there may be some policy change coming, likely regarding case processing and/or favoring CEC/inland applicants.
Nobody except IRCC knows for sure. The one positive thing to come out of this is that there is a heightened chance for a B2B draw.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Maybe they delayed the draw one week so the scores won't be too low.
And they will surprise us with a FSW draw next week ;).

Reactions: taurus22

wildwind123

Oct 18, 2020
Nobody except IRCC knows for sure. The one positive thing to come out of this is that there is a heightened chance for a B2B draw.
Yeah, only IRCC knows for sure, I was just speculating. But what has been confirmed is that IRCC would provide those already in Canada with easier paths to become PR while the pandemic is lingering on.

Reactions: shank15

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,
I am an FSW candidate and i got an NOI from Ontario yesterday at 467. I understand I have 45 days to apply for nomination but my express entry profile is expiring in 2 weeks. Can I still go ahead and apply for Ontario sponsorship? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
I think the second posts in these threads will help:

• Love
Reactions: taurus22
Status
Not open for further replies.