+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Currently, I am self studying. Brushing up my grammar, vocab, reading and listening skills. Where do I find a good reliable tutor? Is your relative taking help of any tutor? I think you are talking about prepmyfuture which is available for 39 € but even here I don’t think there will be no evaluation for speaking/writing. Moreover, I want to use prepmyfuture when I am a bit more confident that I am close to B2.
My pops is helping him out, but he also had a tutor but he didn't like her. It's important to have someone who is familiar with the TEF format and syllabus, because you basically need to be taught to the test.

You could create a thread here for additional support for any French queries, it's obviously not the same as a tutor but as a supplement it might be useful. The IELTS thread is quite honestly one of the best resources available here.

Most tutoring services online have you paying by the hour, which might be useful but if you're using it regularly it will cost you a pretty penny.

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
Yeah, that is true. Besides knowing French it is important to be trained for TEF to get a good score. I see some threads for TEF but they are not as active as the ones for IELTS. Yes, very expensive the least price I saw was 900 or something. If at all you get to know about any tutor or resource for speaking or writing, please let me know.

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Yeah, that is true. Besides knowing French it is important to be trained for TEF to get a good score. I see some threads for TEF but they are not as active as the ones for IELTS. Yes, very expensive the least price I saw was 900 or something. If at all you get to know about any tutor or resource for speaking or writing, please let me know.
Hey ! Even i need to know some reliable resources,,, can u tell which books or resources u r following??? I’m at a2 level right now .

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
Right now
For revising grammar, I am doing some exercises from Saison’s cahier de activité and simultaneously going through French step by step grammar book
For reading and listening, I am going through resources available on TV5 monde site and also listening to français facile on RFI.
And throughout these activities I am learning the usage of new words to improve my vocab
I want to do more but I hardly get 2 hours.
For now these are what I am following.

Reactions: JazzKang

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Right now
For revising grammar, I am doing some exercises from Saison’s cahier de activité and simultaneously going through French step by step grammar book
For reading and listening, I am going through resources available on TV5 monde site and also listening to français facile on RFI.
And throughout these activities I am learning the usage of new words to improve my vocab
Thnkx a lot!!

Reactions: Hani424

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Right now
and do u think or know that is it possible to reach TEF level or even b2,c1 level by self learning?

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
and do u think or know that is it possible to reach TEF level or even b2,c1 level by self learning?
In my opinion a big NO for speaking and writing (we would not know well about the mistakes we are making and how to correct them) but listening and reading I think it is doable

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Yep, exactly my thoughts. I know some people that are in this exact same situation and they're going to risk it. Let's see how it goes ...
Yup, no harm trying at all. :)

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm sort of in the same boat, i'm working on doing the TEF, but i'm probably on B1 level.

I'm going to work on it once i'm back, but there aren't any in person classes at the moment because of the lockdowns.

You using a specific textbook?

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
I'm sort of in the same boat, i'm working on doing the TEF, but i'm probably on B1 level.

I'm going to work on it once i'm back, but there aren't any in person classes at the moment because of the lockdowns.

You using a specific textbook?
I am not using any text books as of now. But I have Saison’s text books with me but they are not that great for self-study.

dan_8

Jun 25, 2020
I got an invitation for the Nova Scotia Provintioanl program (not a nomination. but an invitation to apply) I need help with two questions. 1. What does this mean? 2. My primary job code is 1114. However, my current job code and probably my future jobs will be in 4012. I think I got the invitation based on 1114. Will that be a problem?

Thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.