+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I really doubt even IRCC knows when they will resume the FSW draws unfortunately. Ultimately the reason for the CEC only draws can absolutely be traced back to the coronavirus situation. We can only hope that the case count reduces soon so that things go back normal.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I really doubt even IRCC knows when they will resume the FSW draws unfortunately. Ultimately the reason for the CEC only draws can absolutely be traced back to the coronavirus situation. We can only hope that the case count reduces soon so that things go back normal.
There's literally been one in the new year. Dunno how anyone is extrapolating what IRCC might or might not do, based on one single draw.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
If FSW is "stress free", why you didn't do it yourself? Can you share with us why you went for the high cost option of CEC?

As we know, IRCC uses the point based system, so it is as fair as it gets. CEC get many bonus points, received like 6 months of exclusive draws, and still complain they want more :v

All program draws should be the way
Any update with your application?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Cec candidates are too selfish.... shikena!
The following applies only during Covid times.

People looking for continuous CEC specific draws are selfish.

Similarly, people looking for continuous All program draws are selfish.

The fair game is to have alternative draws, CEC exclusive and FSW exclusive.

This is what everyone should be looking for. Stop calling each other selfish!, this is not making anything easy for anyone.

No one knows what a person has gone through to achieve their CRS scores, whether it’s a CEC candidate or a FSW.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
The following applies only during Covid times.

People looking for continuous CEC specific draws are selfish.

Similarly, people looking for continuous All program draws are selfish.

The fair game is to have alternative draws, CEC exclusive and FSW exclusive.

This is what everyone should be looking for. Stop calling each other selfish!, this is not making anything easy for anyone.

No one knows what a person has gone through to achieve their CRS scores, whether it’s a CEC candidate or a FSW.
Bruh... how do you say that an all program draw where CECs and FSWs are both invited, and for which CECs get more points than FSWs for their experience is selfish.... I don’t understand this..... you CEC guys want the world to be given to you... just like that... Raaah!

vicecarloans

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
If FSW is "stress free", why you didn't do it yourself? Can you share with us why you went for the high cost option of CEC?

As we know, IRCC uses the point based system, so it is as fair as it gets. CEC get many bonus points, received like 6 months of exclusive draws, and still complain they want more :v

All program draws should be the way
Most of us chose to come here many years ago. In my case 8 years from high school till now, imagine you gotta say good bye to your friends, parents, home to travel to the coldest country + experience countless winters in hoping of a greater future. On top of that, tuition fee (you have to stay enrolled in school so that's 13k every year) + cost of living can be a great burden on you.
We (international students) are not pampered and spoiled kids who keep receiving money from their parents. We help them out too by doing part-time and full time in summer. Not to mention other has to work more hours to get extra cash. I was lucky enough that my parents paid for my tuition from high school. After I went to college, I gotta haul my a** and work like every other residents.t
Then graduation and we frantically apply for jobs to get that precious "Canadian Experience" and not everyone gets a job. My first job after graduation literally paid me $1000/month for the next 7 months. Then, company found another batch of "interns" to exploit and decided to put me on full time with ($35k year or $18/h) which is not enough to live in big cities. Again, I sucked it up and kept working for that experience. I remember working for 12 hours a day and wondering to myself if I would ever be able to get out of this company since EE score was high (~470) and I'd need 2 years of experience to be able to apply. Again, not all of us can reach ~470 or 468 with 2 years of experience..It's based highly on the degree.

I'm not complaining or b*ching about my life, but this is the story that every CEC applicants can relate. So CEC should be prioritized with respect to their early-day sacrifice.
P/s: If any inland FSW has made the same sacrifice to Canada, they do deserve the same chance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Islander216

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
YOU GUYS PLEASE BE NICE....

TAKE IT EASY.... AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING (PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN CANADA, AND HOPEFULLY A GOOD LIFE IN CANADA).

YES, EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL. AND EVERYONE'S STORY IS DIFFERENT.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS GONE THROUGH OR IS CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH.

SO JUST BE NICE........... PLEASE

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Bruh... how do you say that an all program draw where CECs and FSWs are both invited, and for which CECs get more points than FSWs for their experience is selfish.... I don’t understand this..... you CEC guys want the world to be given to you... just like that... Raaah!
The country you've chosen to immigrate for now or in future (or some have already immigrated) has their own system and criteria. This system has been modified and improved in last couple of years and will improve time to time. If you guys arguing or challenging current process or for any draw of specific program that's not fair. Experience or education points which are given to CEC candidates/students are not something they begged for, its as per criteria set by IRCC same as what you get for Canadian education. So end story is country prefers Canadian education and experience best for their interest, people and economy which everyone has to accept it. Lets hope IRCC continues All programs draw only or alternate specific programs draw such as PNP/CEC/FSW/FTW in coming weeks. Good luck!

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Honestly, feeling the pain of all the FSW out there! I myself had to wait for 9 Months to receive the ITA due to CEC specific draws (lost 5 points in between, due to age). But, in the end in November, I received my ITA.

The point is, with the all time high immigration targets and availability of vaccinations, Covid is about to end!

So all you FSWs guys stay strong! Your turn is just around the corner ! Canadian Government need our dollars $$

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Most of us chose to come here many years ago. In my case 8 years from high school till now, imagine you gotta say good bye to your friends, parents, home to travel to the coldest country + experience countless winters in hoping of a greater future. On top of that, tuition fee (you have to stay enrolled in school so that's 13k every year) + cost of living can be a great burden on you.
We (international students) are not pampered and spoiled kids who keep receiving money from their parents. We help them out too by doing part-time and full time in summer. Not to mention other has to work more hours to get extra cash. I was lucky enough that my parents paid for my tuition from high school. After I went to college, I gotta haul my a** and work like every other residents.t
Then graduation and we frantically apply for jobs to get that precious "Canadian Experience" and not everyone gets a job. My first job after graduation literally paid me $1000/month for the next 7 months. Then, company found another batch of "interns" to exploit and decided to put me on full time with ($35k year or $18/h) which is not enough to live in big cities. Again, I sucked it up and kept working for that experience. I remember working for 12 hours a day and wondering to myself if I would ever be able to get out of this company since EE score was high (~470) and I'd need 2 years of experience to be able to apply. Again, not all of us can reach ~470 or 468 with 2 years of experience..It's based highly on the degree.

I'm not complaining or b*ching about my life, but this is the story that every CEC applicants can relate. So CEC should be prioritized with respect to their early-day sacrifice.
P/s: If any inland FSW has made the same sacrifice to Canada, they do deserve the same chance :)
But brother/sister, this struggle is not peculiar to CEC Applicants.... without going too deep, I too left my parents and went to the U.K. to school... I spent 8 years there... schooling from A levels to a masters degree and later the LPC.. (imagine the tuition) I also worked and paid my taxes there... after schooling I went on a tier 2 visa for a year...and my employer pulled my sponsorship... and I had to go back home to Nigeria... now imagine me as I am currently a FSW O candidate... are you saying you deserve more opportunities than me cause you suffered in Canada whilst mine was outside Canada? Are you saying just cause you got into Canada before me I shouldn’t have equal chances with you? Because if I use your logic atm I should be top of the cue for a tier 2 visa in the U.K. and anybody who did not school in the U.K. should not get it before me... but you see... that’s not how life works.. I’m sorry to say... immigration is not a sentimental affair... there are set criteria’s and anybody who meets it should be able to get it... so you cec people should quit this unjustified entitlement.... it’s just unfortunate that IRCC seems to be indulging you guys... ‍♂

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
But brother/sister, this struggle is not peculiar to CEC Applicants.... without going too deep, I too left my parents and went to the U.K. to school... I spent 8 years there... schooling from A levels to a masters degree and later the LPC.. (imagine the tuition) I also worked and paid my taxes there... after schooling I went on a tier 2 visa for a year...and my employer pulled my sponsorship... and I had to go back home to Nigeria... now imagine me as I am currently a FSW O candidate... are you saying you deserve more opportunities than me cause you suffered in Canada whilst mine was outside Canada? Are you saying just cause you got into Canada before me I shouldn’t have equal chances with you? Because if I use your logic atm I should be top of the cue for a tier 2 visa in the U.K. and anybody who did not school in the U.K. should not get it before me... but you see... that’s not how life works.. I’m sorry to say... immigration is not a sentimental affair... there are set criteria’s and anybody who meets it should be able to get it... so you cec people should quit this unjustified entitlement.... it’s just unfortunate that IRCC seems to be indulging you guys... ‍♂
No offend but what have you contributed to Canada ? You were refused in UK and Canada is so generous to welcome FSW. Why dont you think you will come to Canada to work or study and then get the PR after as CEC ppl?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

I understand that, and to be honest you have a right to feel like that after all your sacrifices to make a future in Canada a possibility. I just think people have the right to think that it should be even between both CEC and FSW as well, let their CRS score determine whether they are invited, not their program.

The country you've chosen to immigrate for now or in future (or some have already immigrated) has their own system and criteria. This system has been modified and improved in last couple of years and will improve time to time. If you guys arguing or challenging current process or for any draw of specific program that's not fair. Experience or education points which are given to CEC candidates/students are not something they begged for, its as per criteria set by IRCC same as what you get for Canadian education. So end story is country prefers Canadian education and experience best for their interest, people and economy which everyone has to accept it. Lets hope IRCC continues All programs draw only or alternate specific programs draw such as PNP/CEC/FSW/FTW in coming weeks. Good luck!
The extra points for Canadian education and work experience were specifically lobbied for by international students, i remember this being added to the criteria later on iirc.

Not that they don't deserve it mind you. But the preference argument is i think dicey, i think it's a reward for their sacrifices and investment, and i don't have a problem with it.

No offend but what have you contributed to Canada ? You were refused in UK and Canada is so generous to welcome FSW. Why dont you think you will come to Canada to work or study and then get the PR after as CEC ppl?
This right here is what i don't like, this is a perfect example of the entitlement CEC candidates have. They have this feeling that they have a greater right than others, this is what's obnoxious.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020

I do understand your argument, but... you choose that path. You choose to come to Canada study, and I'm pretty sure that if you're here for that long, you probably already know how Express Entry works. You know what you have to do to achieve 470+. Have you worked towards that?
I live in a country where more than 50% of the population gets less than $200 USD per month, where every single close family member that I have has already being robbed or had a gun pointed to his/hers chest. I work 42 hours a day, I commute, I paid for my credentials through my own work, just like you did. Yet, I found time to wake up at 4AM every day to study for IELTS, to learn french, so that I could become competitive. Why? Well, because I knew that Express Entry was a competition. If I did nothing, I would not be able to leave the country where I was born.
I'm not sure where you're from. But just like me, you're probably from a country with considerable worst life standards than Canada. So, what makes you think that you as a CEC is suffering more than these FSWs from India, Brazil, Nigeria, Mexico, Angola, Iran...?

Again, I **totally** support the idea that CECs should earn extra points. But, it freaks me out when even by earning these extra points, they still claim that they're not being treated fairly in the system. If people without Canadian Experience/Diploma points are getting 470+, why can't you too? Have you maxed out IELTS? Have you started learning french? If you really want to continue to continue to live in Canada, you should go after every single option available.

Status
Not open for further replies.