+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Buddy, let me tell you my scenario clear:

I sent my Bachelors to WES in the year 2019 and WES gave the Bachelors equivalency
I then completed my Masters one year later -> Initially sent my Masters to WES -> WES has also asked my bachelors along with Masters for an updated report -> Gave them both -> WES outcome is 4 years Bachelor's and 1 year PG Diploma.

Was not satisfied with this. Sent my Masters alone to CES -> They evaluated as Masters -> Got Master Equivalency
I then updated my profile as Bachelors from WES (although the WES report has a Bachelor equivalency and Master degree as PG Diploma) in one row.
In the next row (under the education row of EE profile), I added my Master's report and updated the CES reference number there.

After the ITA I submitted the ECA report of WES (for Bachelor's) and CES report (for Masters). While receiving the ITA, my profile had bachelors and masters and hence had to provide to them both. Cannot skip one of them, as I got ITA with this info.

Now if the Visa officer reviews my bachelor's ECA, he will open the WES report and find bachelor there. When he reviews my masters, he will find the CES ECA there. My worry is while looking at my bachelor ECA, if he finds that PG diploma for Masters is awarded by WES and for the same degree, CES gave masters, will it not create issues?

I have very clearly denoted in the application that WES is only for bachelors and CES for masters.

I hope all goes fine, cos this is not only for me. Many would have crossed this hurdle (especially from India) and gotten the PRs I suppose.
Should have put only the CES report. Why would you need to provide bachelors?

Firstly, you should have made this change before getting the ITA. In fact you could have done it after getting your Ontario nomination as well. Even if you did it post ITA it would have been fine since specifically any change in your info which does not alter your eligibility for the draw which you got ITA, is totally alright. You would have still got points for masters equivalency anyway even after deleting your bachelors!

You are right to be anxious about it, since the officer will look at contradictory assessments. Hope for the best man!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

I sent my Bachelors to WES in the year 2019 and WES gave the Bachelors equivalency
I then completed my Masters one year later -> Initially sent my Masters to WES -> WES has also asked my bachelors along with Masters for an updated report -> Gave them both -> WES outcome is 4 years Bachelor's and 1 year PG Diploma.

Was not satisfied with this. Sent my Masters alone to CES -> They evaluated as Masters -> Got Master Equivalency
I then updated my profile as Bachelors from WES (although the WES report has a Bachelor equivalency and Master degree as PG Diploma) in one row.
In the next row (under the education row of EE profile), I added my Master's report and updated the CES reference number there.

After the ITA I submitted the ECA report of WES (for Bachelor's) and CES report (for Masters). While receiving the ITA, my profile had bachelors and masters and hence had to provide to them both. Cannot skip one of them, as I got ITA with this info.

Now if the Visa officer reviews my bachelor's ECA, he will open the WES report and find bachelor there. When he reviews my masters, he will find the CES ECA there. My worry is while looking at my bachelor ECA, if he finds that PG diploma for Masters is awarded by WES and for the same degree, CES gave masters, will it not create issues?

I have very clearly denoted in the application that WES is only for bachelors and CES for masters.

I hope all goes fine, cos this is not only for me. Many would have crossed this hurdle (especially from India) and gotten the PRs I suppose.
Have you already submitted your application for permanent residency?

You only have to provide your ECA for your highest qualification for which you receive points, which in your case is your Master's degree.

I understand your situation, but the problem is this: we have had cases where a candidate has provided two ECAs, one which gives an equivalence of PG Diploma and another which gives an equivalence of Master's degree. When this was the case, the immigration officer calculate their points based on the lower equivalence between the two equivalences in the ECAs, meaning in that person's case it was PG Diploma instead of Master's, and his application was rejected because once his points were revised downwards, his score was beneath the cut-off score for the round he received his ITA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html

It states that in most cases you only have to provide the ECA of your highest qualification, in which case you just needed to provide the ECA from CES to avoid this situation.

Let's hope they will be lenient in your case, and choose the higher equivalence.

Last edited:

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020

I evaluated on my Masters and used the ECA provided. In your case, you should have used just CES because that’s your highest qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.