+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
Just my humble advice, accept the ITA, just wait a minimum of the days you need post-ITA before you submit your application for PR. So for example, if you need 24 more days on the date you receive your ITA, just wait 24 days after that date at least before you submit your application.

I've helped a lot of people with this, none of them have had any issues with it.

Because if you receive an ITA and reject it, that's an ITA that could have gone to someone else.
Trust me if there was a way for me to not get invited in this months draw, I would've sought that option. I am not going to withdraw my profile in order to make it happen cause of the cut off dates and what not; but any other means I would welcome not to be invited in this round of draws. I don't want there to be any issues when I make submission of my applications and there is going to be some delay to gather my documents together as I am engaged at present.

@FatehM good luck with your applications, lets see how our cases go since we are opting for alternate styles of submission. From your profile picture I am assuming you are currently based in Qatar? I am based in Kuwait so we share more than a few commonalities. Lets keep in touch and see how this goes.

Cheers, good luck guys. Hope y'all have a good draw!!

Reactions: 001875

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
I understand, at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you.
you understand my point of view now when I tell you people should be banned temporarily from applying when they reject their ITA. although he has a proof from CIC that his application will be accepted if he chooses to wait and submit it once he fulfills the experience period, yet he still wants to reject it and wait so he wont lose due a tie breaker. go figure how many times he will reject it and take someone else's chance!

Many in this forum called me selfish for such demand, but honestly, who is more selfish, I or him? think about it please.

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
you understand my point of view now when I tell you people should be banned temporarily from applying when they reject their ITA. although he has a proof from CIC that his application will be accepted if he chooses to wait and submit it once he fulfills the experience period, yet he still wants to reject it and wait so he wont lose due a tie breaker. go figure how many times he will reject it and take someone else's chance!

Many in this forum called me selfish for such demand, but honestly, who is more selfish, I or him? think about it please.
you are right. I am selfish. It won't change unless IRCC implements the solution you propose ! Atleast in that case I will have reason not to reject and willing to take the risk. Now there is no risk and I can do with the ITA as i please!

vedanthk

Oct 27, 2020
This express entry is a roller coaster ride. Not sure what to expect today. There are 3 possibilities.
1. 468 or 467 - I get it
2. 470+ - Not again
3. Aint no draw today.

So close yet so far.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

I did understand your point of view, i just thought that person's situation in particular was understandable. I don't think your stance is selfish at all, quite the contrary you're thinking of people who are being penalised by those who repeatedly rejected ITAs.

I do agree with your larger point that it's an issue, the question is what would be the best solution? I think a temporary ban might have unintended consequences, because there are genuine people who may have to reject an ITA because of reasons beyond their control. With the way cut-off scores are fluctuating, it might cost them their chance if they got barred.

It is an issue which i think needs to be addressed. Maybe a temporary bar for the next draw or next 2 draws.

At the same time, maybe IRCC should have an option where you can deactivate your profile without withdrawing it, this way you stay out of the draws but you keep your submission date for a potential tie-breaker.

Taken to the extreme, you could have someone in the pool, qualify for an ITA in each draw, reject every time, and basically cost someone a place for every draw during the year. There was someone on the forum who i think rejected 4 or 5 ITAs for a small issue.

It's a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.