+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niv43

Sep 30, 2020
I predict that after today's draw there's gonna be around 6500 people left in the 461 to 470 range

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't know really know when it got updated as I have another mail for my IRCC related stuff and rarely check it as I am not expecting an ITA anytime soon. But for some reason I checked it couple days back and saw that my account is updated and I went on to IRCC site to check to see that I now have 478. So the points have updated for me a full one month before I actually complete 3 years.

Regarding whether it is safe to submit before you actually complete 3 years, I have no idea but seen posts here saying it is better to accept after completion of 3 years and also IRCC saying it is fine as it is a system glitch. I am not in a hurry to get my ITA at this stage and I need time to prepare my documents so I will only be accepting the new years draw!
Just my humble advice, accept the ITA, just wait a minimum of the days you need post-ITA before you submit your application for PR. So for example, if you need 24 more days on the date you receive your ITA, just wait 24 days after that date at least before you submit your application.

I've helped a lot of people with this, none of them have had any issues with it.

Because if you receive an ITA and reject it, that's an ITA that could have gone to someone else.

Jul 10, 2019
Qatar
Guys! I would like your input with my case. I will be completing 3 years on 3 Jan 2021 but the points have already been updated in my profile. If there is a draw today and I receive an ITA. What is the way forward? I mean is there an accept or decline option or I have 90 days to submit documents straight away and I can submit after I complete 3 years i.e., I don't decline the ITA and submit ? I am a little unsure about that bit. Please advise.

Thank you!

Jul 10, 2019
Qatar
Just my humble advice, accept the ITA, just wait a minimum of the days you need post-ITA before you submit your application for PR. So for example, if you need 24 more days on the date you receive your ITA, just wait 24 days after that date at least before you submit your application.

I've helped a lot of people with this, none of them have had any issues with it.

Because if you receive an ITA and reject it, that's an ITA that could have gone to someone else.
@Islander216 I am in the same boat as @joshytu And I read the same thing what you suggested. It is okay to submit application after the date is crossed right? I am sure IRCC is aware of the glitch and would look at the date submitted and recalculate score. However, legalfalcon suggests to decline the ITA and only accept when you have score for 3 years work experience.

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Keep at it guys! No matter what happens , keep looking for ways to increase your score. Your effort will surely be rewarded. I got OINP NOI and my PPR at times when I least expected it !

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
@Islander216 I am in the same boat as @joshytu And I read the same thing what you suggested. It is okay to submit application after the date is crossed right? I am sure IRCC is aware of the glitch and would look at the date submitted and recalculate score. However, legalfalcon suggests to decline the ITA and only accept when you have score for 3 years work experience.
I understand, i'm not here to contradict what he says, because technically it is probably the safest option.

But in reality, IRCC are well aware their system counts work experience by month and not days, and that many people will be in this situation when they are invited and will receive ITAs before they technically have 3 years of experience.

I've not known anyone to get a rejection because of that. My good friend just had this very situation and waited for the days to elapse post-ITA, submitted his application, and got his PPR.

IRCC will not penalise you based on how their system functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 001875

Jul 10, 2019
Qatar
I understand, i'm not here to contradict what he says, because technically it is probably the safest option.

But in reality, IRCC are well aware their system counts work experience by month and not days, and that many people will be in this situation were they are invited and will receive ITAs before they technically have 3 years of experience.

I've not known anyone to get a rejection because of that. My good friend just had this very situation and waited for the days to elapse post-ITA, submitted his application, and got his PPR.

IRCC will not penalise you based on how their system functions.
@Islander216 Thank you so much mate! That really helps. I will accept the ITA and only submit once the days have elapsed.

Reactions: Islander216
Status
Not open for further replies.