+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Has anyone's profile score increased on account of the additional points for Canadian education? Not the CRS calculator score, but the actual profile score

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I will have to pay 1500 CAD just for the application. This bothers me a lot:(((
You can wait, but I believe you will have to spend 1500 CAD ultimately. I remember Express Entry is rather cheap, compared to Australian program (I might be wrong).

praful.pandita

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Muscat
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
It is a glitch i suppose, i was interacting with many and no one had updated scores in their profiles. Everyone is using calculator. Lets wait and watch but it is a glitch for sure.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
The CIC calculator is so crazy right now. I just tried to simulate my scores as a bilingual, and they gave me 8 points instead of 50 points
It's more likely that you choose 2 skills CLB7 and 2 skills CLB5-6, which would indeed get you 3+3+1+1 = 8 points. Double check on that.
I did mine calculation, and the bilinguism is being correctly calculated.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Score will be never come down to below 480. Never. Even it would hit 490.... Almost 90% people will be CEC, PNP and French speaking people. IRCC should clarify their aim. Many of us are wasting time, money efforts etc. I know many people have been struggling to reach 470+ for one year. Now IRCC comes to a point. In this point, people with sitting 470 to 480 would be a wastage. I did not expect that IRCC bypass their target in other way... Feeling nothing. Just having anger on me
I totally get your anger (specially considering how qualified a 470+ FSW is), but you either accept it or try to overcome it with french (if you don't want to spend a fortune in a college program that would be pretty much useless).
Unfortunately, EE is a competition, and the Canadian government is only entitled to their own interests. It's hard, but that's what I learned throughout the last 2 yrs of living this process of pursuing an ITA. It was way easier in the past, it's no longer easier. We simply can't take that for granted. Far from it.

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Sorry to digress from the current topic, but if a person has a low salary (fsw), can the person still apply or will it cause issues?

Alwy

Oct 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Friends, I also assume this points hike is a glitch. Since its just the repetition of same points in 'human capital' and 'additional points' area. Besides if IRCC wanted to give additional points for Canadian studies they could have easily do it by awarding additional points cumulatively under a single factor like they did with French rather than dividing it into two. Or they can create another international students stream to give PR to those people who have studied in a Canadian institution. I dont think IRCC would do something to eliminate importance of FSW stream anyway. Just my opinion and hope ok. Let's see.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Friends, I also assume this points hike is a glitch. Since its just the repetition of same points in 'human capital' and 'additional points' area. Besides if IRCC wanted to give additional points for Canadian studies they could have easily do it by awarding additional points cumulatively under a single factor like they did with French rather than dividing it into two. Or they can create another international students stream to give PR to those people who have studied in a Canadian institution. I dont think IRCC would do something to eliminate importance of FSW stream anyway. Just my opinion and hope ok. Let's see.
Or just continue with CEC only draws, why even bother with the change if they want inland candidates to be benefited? This new immigration minister always talks about doing great and grand things...we want these people to be benefited blah blah, sounds like total BS.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
I started my journey at 458 and today with my spouse's IELTS i am at 471. Indeed losing all hopes. Lossing points in april. But quiet upset. My Canadian dream is likely over.

Status
Not open for further replies.