+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Oh well, everyone can do or believe whatever pleases them. I am not an ircc employee. Just dishing out my own logical explanation. Even if score is 500, ircc will still have people to invite ‍♀
Haha haha , this thread is “ray of hope” and saying a CRS score of 500 hurts. Let’s just wait and see. I am on 478 and this thread is giving me serious palpitations by the minute and I can’t even stay away.
Let’s all remain hopeful !

HyvaaPatrick

Sep 15, 2020
With their buggy system and laggy response due to bureaucracy, I doubt there's even gonna be a draw next week as much as I hope so. We must PREPARE FOR THE WORST by increasing our score as much as possible, preferably over crs 500..

student888

Jun 13, 2019
Haha haha , this thread is “ray of hope” and saying a CRS score of 500 hurts. Let’s just wait and see. I am on 478 and this thread is giving me serious palpitations by the minute and I can’t even stay away.
Let’s all remain hopeful !
Don’t stress yourself too much especially when you don’t have any solid evidence that justifies it. It’s not worth your health. My aim is not to appease people with scores in the high 70s, but to tell people to not let things they can’t control wreak havoc on their nervous system.

Reactions: Nobadi and Ximena88

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Yes. received the report in oct with masters equivalency. bumped my score to 478. easy points those were!
Hey there

Could you please share the country of your studies and the exact duration. I am from India and I did 3 years bachelor's + 2 years Masters. CES gave me two bachelor's degree. Was wondering if it's worth taking a shot, sending to IQAS. And how much time do they take approximately?

TIA

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hey there

Could you please share the country of your studies and the exact duration. I am from India and I did 3 years bachelor's + 2 years Masters. CES gave me two bachelor's degree. Was wondering if it's worth taking a shot, sending to IQAS. And how much time do they take approximately?

TIA
Also did you send both your degrees or just the Masters?
Your query is more suited for the IQAS thread. lets not diverge from the ongoing discussions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iqas-eca-timeline-tracking.490054/page-631

Additionally, you can inbox me on your query.

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Good god, got my CELPIP result last week, bump my score to 478, and though I would be super super safe. And not I am drowning in anxiety.

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Good god, got my CELPIP result last week, bump my score to 478, and though I would be super super safe. And not I am drowning in anxiety.
I think everyone is. Normally I receive weekly updates from David Cohen but not this week though. Something is up. I guess we'll all find out very soon.

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
Hi guys, I recently updated my profile due to job changes but by bad luck I guess as I was updating I changed primary language to French and yet the results given are IELTS. I received an update from IRCC saying "I am no longer eligible for express entry" and the forms that I can update say updated and have been locked. Is there a way I can update the profile without creating a new one or this implies I need to create a new profile altogether?

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Hi guys, I recently updated my profile due to job changes but by bad luck I guess as I was updating I changed primary language to French and yet the results given are IELTS. I received an update from IRCC saying "I am no longer eligible for express entry" and the forms that I can update say updated and have been locked. Is there a way I can update the profile without creating a new one or this implies I need to create a new profile altogether?
No option! You have to create a new one.

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi guys
Found this forum after the recent "upheavals" with the draws.. Great stuff seeing so many people going through the same highs and lows as me!
Here's my story;
- December 2019 I begin organizing IELTS, TCF, ECA. I calculate entering the pool in April with 465-75 pts, easily enough to guarantee an ITA..
- 01/07, I turn 41 so lose 10 pts. Still unable to enter the pool as awaiting the ECA, delayed due to Covid
- 16/07, EE FSW profile entered, 460 pts
- 30/10 profile updated, 480 pts (I'm fully bilingual)
By September I was beginning to lose hope - I maxed IELTS and TCF and hold 2 masters and could see no possible way to quickly improve my score to account for the points lost for my age.
For what it's worth, I find it hard to imagine the French-speaker rule massively impacting the cut off. France only accounted for 2% of applications in 2018-19. Two thirds of applications come from countries with zero colonial (so linguistic) ties to France (India, China, Nigeria, Pakistan).
Cheers

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys
Found this forum after the recent "upheavals" with the draws.. Great stuff seeing so many people going through the same highs and lows as me!
Here's my story;
- December 2019 I begin organizing IELTS, TCF, ECA. I calculate entering the pool in April with 465-75 pts, easily enough to guarantee an ITA..
- 01/07, I turn 41 so lose 10 pts. Still unable to enter the pool as awaiting the ECA, delayed due to Covid
- 16/07, EE FSW profile entered, 460 pts
- 30/10 profile updated, 480 pts (I'm fully bilingual)
By September I was beginning to lose hope - I maxed IELTS and TCF and hold 2 masters and could see no possible way to quickly improve my score to account for the points lost for my age.
For what it's worth, I find it hard to imagine the French-speaker rule massively impacting the cut off. France only accounted for 2% of applications in 2018-19. Two thirds of applications come from countries with zero colonial (so linguistic) ties to France (India, China, Nigeria, Pakistan).
Cheers
That's true. However there are also a lot of people from Morocco, Nigeria, Tunisia and bilingual countries who will benefit. I believe the first draw cutoff will be a high one. With people from 450-470 seeing an addition of 20 points thus getting in the range 470-490. Not many, but i believe around 1000 people can get these 20 points.

Reactions: Arjun0411
Status
Not open for further replies.