+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aonanuga002

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Everyone is just coming to say this and that without thinking about it logically. Some even said its cuz ircc doesn't want the score to touch 460s lol. That sounds dumb af (no offense), that isn't ircc's aim, all they care about is inviting people. On the other hand, French will give bonus points, true. But to get to clb 7 in all four components, you need around 6 months of study or more unless you are already a native speaker and even at that, it takes about a month or more for results to be realeased. So how then will jump to the point that 475 will be a struggle score???

True. I cringe when people say ircc aims to keep scores at a particular level.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Who knows the draw might happen today. Keep the faith. It's been a while since I visited this forum. I feel so bad the draw didnt happen. I frequently used to visit this forum back when I started my journey in September 2019 and I was so addicted to this forum. I started my journey from 457 to 471 where I got ITA in February 2020. Am just waiting for my criminality to get passed ( Eligibility and Security passed). There were times I thought of giving up, but just remember why you started this whole process before u quit. FYI it took almost 5 to 6 months to get my ITA and wrote IELTS 3 times. So nothing is easy in life, keep pushing always.

abnan

Jul 17, 2019
Everyone is just coming to say this and that without thinking about it logically. Some even said its cuz ircc doesn't want the score to touch 460s lol. That sounds dumb af (no offense), that isn't ircc's aim, all they care about is inviting people. On the other hand, French will give bonus points, true. But to get to clb 7 in all four components, you need around 6 months of study or more unless you are already a native speaker and even at that, it takes about a month or more for results to be realeased. So how then will the score jump ( presently) to the point that 475 will be a struggle score???
It is only the next 3-4 draws which will give a complete picture of what the scores will be in future. Lets not forget, the next draw will happen after a gap of 3/4 weeks which itself will increase the pool size for 471 and above. Now adding to that, the nominated PNPs and candidates with additional french points will definitely take time to get out of the pool. The next entrants after that will be the ones who would have already started learning French 6-7 months back and would slog to make it to CLB 7.

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
It is only the next 3-4 draws which will give a complete picture of what the scores will be in future. Lets not forget, the next draw will happen after a gap of 3/4 weeks which itself will increase the pool size for 471 and above. Now adding to that, the nominated PNPs and candidates with additional french points will definitely take time to get out of the pool. The next entrants after that will be the ones who would have already started learning French 6-7 months back and would slog to make it to CLB 7.
Ok so these people who started learning French 6 months back, will enter pool all at the same time and will all get clb 7? Even if it wants to go high it still cant go past 477,478 or so. Plus the amount of people who were seriously learning French 6 months back cannot be compared to the ones who will start now.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Guys I speak french very well sicne my childhood and I can assure that getting CLB7 in french in all subjects is very hard with the current TEF and TCF exams.I tried 3 times and each time I miss one if the 4 subjects and I know that many people faced the same issue during the past months. So rest assured you will not find many in the pool with this 50 points bonus.

Rémi Beauséjours

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-10-2020
Ok so these people who started learning French 6 months back, will enter pool all at the same time and will all get clb 7? Even if it wants to go high it still cant go past 477,478 or so
I’d hate to point this out. But have we all forgotten last year around September or something.. it was literally all at the same time ... everyone’s got the magic combo of [CLB9 + a master degree + 3 years experience + under 30s] at the same time in a matter of one month time? Still quite unbelievable innit? Remember last time when the score rocketed up to 470+from 450+ Over a course of one month time? It never went down again.
I’d hate to point this out cruelly ... but truth and what wouldn’t sound very nice is: ‘guys u do need to plan ahead for things! And EE doesn’t wait for u.’ Never underestimate the speed how fast ppl can get those new magic combos done before u even realise... lol
True some ppl may say: ‘no no no, it won’t happen that fast, we will see a gradual trend.’ but buy it or not, it usually happens without giving u a trial to first get adapted to the new norm. In EE, things happen and things happen overnight. It’s like ur hair dropping, do u think u will realise when u drop only one or two? No! By the time u realise, half of ur head is already bald!

Last edited:

Rémi Beauséjours

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-10-2020
A sincere piece of advice is: do ur maximum plan for the worst and do not wait for signs to be shown in EE, that’d already be too late to take actions. Be faster than EE, always be one step ahead of policies. eventually, whether u need the french points or not. It’s better to relax and smile with the french points in ur hand than to panic and cry without those points. Obviously, above 470 now each point counts. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: dayocanny

abnan

Jul 17, 2019
Ok so these people who started learning French 6 months back, will enter pool all at the same time and will all get clb 7? Even if it wants to go high it still cant go past 477,478 or so. Plus the amount of people who were seriously learning French 6 months back cannot be compared to the ones who will start now.
I cant say that with conviction and neither can you say it with conviction that they wont. Hence, as i said in my first sentence, only the next 3-4 rounds will tell the impact of this change and then we will have some data points to debate.

We cannot debate on "unknowns" here. A few years back, people were content with IELTS CLB 9 at max because that gave them the right score to cross the line. Then, CLB 10 became the new normal and people found out ways to crack that as well. You can already scroll up and see how many posts today are on french and people are getting serious about it. So, i will not jump to conclusions on how soon can someone get to a level of proficiency in a language.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Hmmmm it’s going to be a long week or should I say two weeks. Whatever the case might be,IRCC is aware that being bilingual is an added advantage just like having a sibling who is a PR.
472 and above, do not panic. Getting French points if you are older will be useful too.

Let’s wait and see the what happens during the next 2 draws. Speculating helps no one.

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Oh well, everyone can do or believe whatever pleases them. I am not an ircc employee. Just dishing out my own logical explanation. Even if score is 500, ircc will still have people to invite ‍♀

Status
Not open for further replies.