+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjun0411

Dec 16, 2019
I wouldn’t panic at 472. You could wait and see what the next draw brings and decide what you want to do from there. IMO 472 should be good for the the next draw.
I know 472 can be considered a decent score to wait at. But IRCC has been so unpredictable that everything we achieve looks less. I started my journey with 462.

anne2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi, has anyone here seen any movement of scores in their profiles due to the new french/bilingual additional scores? When I check my scores using the CRS calculator, I can see that I have 20 additional points but when I check my Express Entry profile, it remains the same - no additional 20 points.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi, has anyone here seen any movement of scores in their profiles due to the new french/bilingual additional scores? When I check my scores using the CRS calculator, I can see that I have 20 additional points but when I check my Express Entry profile, it remains the same - no additional 20 points.
It will take two weeks to update all profiles, this was said in 20/10/2020. So give them another week.

anne2020

Oct 29, 2020
Apart from "bonjour & je m appelle" I know nothing about french, can anyone who started his/her French learning journey from the scratch explain how much time will it take to get clb 7 in French as my second language? Even at 472, I am losing hope.
Hi, I learned French from scratch. Like you, I didn't know anything about it. It took me 1 year and 4 months to master it. I used apps and an online learning tool for 4 months to get ready for my French classes in France cause I wanted to start at level B1. Then, I studied French in a language school in France and lived with my French boyfriend's family for 1 year so I was in total language immersion. I was aiming to get NCLC 7 in all 4 parts of the French test (I took TEF). It took me 3 tries to succeed in getting NCLC 7 in all 4 areas of the test. It was challenging to say the least because you don't just need to learn the language and take the test, you need to get a specific score in all 4 parts to be able to obtain sufficient points in the Express Entry system. All the best to you!

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, mine did get updated. I did trigger it tho. I went to make a change and reverted it back. Then the new score appeared. What is your new crs ?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Thoughts (on what you have heard) on difference between TCF and TEF?
Which is "easier" as a whole, or which sections are easier compared to the other one.
TCF writing and speaking appear easier than those of TEF. I find TEF listening easier than TCF because the audio is repeated twice in certain sections of TEF. TCF listening requires a greater deal of concentration. This is my own opinion

Reactions: BlindGoku

Tusher

Jun 2, 2019
I entered in the pool with 466 in September 2019. Finally I maxed out IELTS and was expecting an ITA today but LOL IRCC came out with a no draw surprise

abnan

Jul 17, 2019
What i can think in terms of the impact of the new changes (BTW, only time and the next few draws will give a clear picture):

Immediate impact: French skilled people who had low CRS will quickly jump to a higher score. The next couple of draws at least will be of them. Scores may well be above 480s.

Long term impact: People who had exhausted every possible means and were above 35, would be in the range of ~ 440-450. If they had already invested in learning french, they will buckle themselves up and in next few months, they will move to higher scores and will get invites.

Folks will not essentially invest in getting CLB 10 in IELTS but will move to learning french instead.

Not so good news for people who were fortunate because of their age and were between 470-475. They would need to start learning french from scratch and will still take at least a year to get to the french proficiency.

Canada was attractive only because of the ease of the immigration process. But now, it has become very difficult. Also, unlike other countries like Aus/US/UK, where while the immigration process is difficult, the job market is strong, for Canada, the struggle actually started after you get the PR because you want to then start hunting for a job etc. Dont think this mad rush is worth it..

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
I was wondering since many ppl here are in 460/470s, Has anyone got an OINP invitation or any other? my noc in 2173, I am hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.