+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Pretty much the same thing happened to me.
I was sitting at 469, then I jumped to 475 on March 9th, just to see the next draw start the PNP/CEC pattern. Then on June, I lost the 6 points due to my birthday, and went back to 469. Did I give up during that time? Hell no.
I continue to work everyday to improve my score and received my ITA in September sitting at 508.
It’s all a matter of you actually wanting to make it happen. If you blame your destiny, and do nothing to fight it back, then it’s not a matter of destiny.
A question, French proficiency ranges from A1 to C2, where does CLB7 fall? Is it B1 or B2?

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
The 50 extra points are gonna be a ball buster for a majority of folks. Someone with a CRS of 440 or 450 would jump to 490/500. If there's too many of these candidates, getting a high CRS would become impossible without adding the points for French. Then it depends on how many people are willing to invest the time and money to learn French. Essentially, they're trying to get EE candidates to be bilingual by locking out English only speakers. How successful that'll be with their aim of hitting 90k/100k immigrants a year remains to be seen.

Reactions: nns14

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
The 50 extra points are gonna be a ball buster for a majority of folks. Someone with a CRS of 440 or 450 would jump to 490/500. If there's too many of these candidates, getting a high CRS would become impossible without adding the points for French. Then it depends on how many people are willing to invest the time and money to learn French. Essentially, they're trying to get EE candidates to be bilingual by locking out English only speakers. How successful that'll be with their aim of hitting 90k/100k immigrants a year remains to be seen.
I don't think there will be heavy immediate impact, but probably early 2021 when francophones give IELTS a try for additional points, and then mid to late 2021 when English speakers manage to learn French.

Reactions: jrossi and Franby

tuxarc

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Seriously no draw today. Thats sad. IRCC is being biased. Trying hard not to go below 471 !
This makes no sense. If it was true, they wouldn't have raised the amount of ITAs issued over the last 3 draws.

It's actually like they're trying hard to keep the score down.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Nobadi

Oct 18, 2020
This just changes the distribution of the people that receive ITA, not the number.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
So it’s settled then.... french is the new express entry cheat... read up people.. read up... my heart goes out to everybody here who was anxiously waiting for the draw today.... I for one know how stressful another two weeks wait can be... but chin up guys.. the best is yet to come ❤

Reactions: pksajjads
Status
Not open for further replies.