+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan_2019

Oct 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
Has anyone here taken services from a Immigration Lawyer in Canada? Do you think a Lawyer or an Immigration Consultant can help to get LMIA job offer? or a PNP?
Any personal experience that you can share is appreciated.
NOC Code 1311/1111 & SINP Score 67
Currently sitting at 460. Looking for ways to increase the score as IELTS & experience are already maxed out.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,
Has anyone here taken services from a Immigration Lawyer in Canada? Do you think a Lawyer or an Immigration Consultant can help to get LMIA job offer? or a PNP?
Any personal experience that you can share is appreciated.
NOC Code 1311/1111 & SINP Score 67
Currently sitting at 460. Looking for ways to increase the score as IELTS & experience are already maxed out.
Express Entry is quite a straightforward system, so I would be hesitant to pay an immigration lawyer unless you really need their specific assistance.

If your concern is increasing your score, you can find out from this forum how to do that. The main ways by the sound of it for you would be:
  • Completing a higher level of degree (e.g. a master's),
  • Learning French (which numerous individuals here have done, with great success), or
  • Completing some work experience in Canada, for example by means of a work visa, if you qualify for IEC with your current citizenship.
I doubt an immigration lawyer is going to be able to help you find a job offer. That's not their job. They're there to assist you with your visa application. Right now, you're not applying, you're looking for work, or ways to increase your score. To find work, you're going to need to look online for companies willing to employ people from overseas. But bear in mind, those companies need to apply on your behalf for an LMIA, which can be onerous on them.

Hope that helps. :)

jafran8564

Apr 3, 2019
Sydney
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/02/2020
Express Entry is quite a straightforward system, so I would be hesitant to pay an immigration lawyer unless you really need their specific assistance.

If your concern is increasing your score, you can find out from this forum how to do that. The main ways by the sound of it for you would be:
  • Completing a higher level of degree (e.g. a master's),
  • Learning French (which numerous individuals here have done, with great success), or
  • Completing some work experience in Canada, for example by means of a work visa, if you qualify for IEC with your current citizenship.
I doubt an immigration lawyer is going to be able to help you find a job offer. That's not their job. They're there to assist you with your visa application. Right now, you're not applying, you're looking for work, or ways to increase your score. To find work, you're going to need to look online for companies willing to employ people from overseas. But bear in mind, those companies need to apply on your behalf for an LMIA, which can be onerous on them.

Hope that helps. :)

Great points and thanks for the insights.

IEC is an option i was exploring since i am short on points (CRS: 463 - due to age, turning 36 in Jan-21, IELTS maxed out, Masters degree, NOC 1111) and would have been eligible for a two year open work permit which would have helped get the one year canadian work experience to boost my points. Sadly, all applications are currently on hold due to Covid and i dont see the IEC program opening up before i turn 36.

Now onto Plan B - looking into a relevant 12 to 18 month Master's program with the option of a PGWP to boost my points. Knowing how the CRS points have increased dramatically over the last year or so, im not confident that ill be eligible to receive an invitation to apply to the EE program based on completing a Canadian Master's degree alone (i estimate id be in the early 470's after completing a Canadian Master's program).

if anyone has any suggestions for Masters Courses in Ontario (preferably without doing GMAT/ GRE) or any other alternatives (other than studying french), that would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Guys. Got my OINP NOI.

My two years' Hard work, positivity, determination, and everything seems to have paid off
Cannot believe it really but yes, it is right there.

CRS - 467
Tech Draw
NOC 2173

I have motivated/been motivating a lot of people but was really waiting for my day to arrive. My friends got ITA, colleagues got ITA, members in FB/Whatsapp/CanadaVisa forums/other channels got ITAs, and everyone around me talking about immigration. I was like - God is cruel

Lost all hopes and almost unfollowed most of the pages/channels/news about immigration and went on with my office work.

Yesterday, while I was replying to Airtel (Indian network service provider) about a payment issue, I got an email stating that some changes were made in my profile.

I thot it is some usual system-related maintenance and did not even bother to look at it. Later, Nithin Sharma (a member here) called me to check my profile

I logged into CIC portal (anxiously) -> keyed in the credentials -> new message waiting -> boom, it is the PNP NOI from Ontario

Really not prepared or not even expecting it. Discussed with few people about student visa and even wrote IELTS exam today (to score CLB 10 in other modules). I booked IELTS a month ago and the NOI came just a day before my IELTS exam. But will now drop all those plans and proceed cautiously with this OINP route.

This is really one of the best surprises of my life and will never forget this moment.
Lesson - pls do not lose hope in life. If your destiny is North America, even god cannot stop you. Your hard work will pay for sure, but maybe after a little bit of time.
I am so happy that you got your golden ticket finally! Once again many congratulations Ajay!!

Reactions: Godisguru
Status
Not open for further replies.