Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
No, the same NOC just more supervision and responsibility.
I think the Letter just needs to state the last-drawn salary figure. You might choose to submit the 6 latest payslips.
From the company's perspective, you had been with them from 2011 till 2018, the letter should cover the whole period.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I was thinking the reference letter mentions both period. It did the same for my study permit application and in Work History, I only say 2014-2018?

Alternatively, I can make a 2nd entry for 2011 to 2014. Between the two positions while my NOC was the same, my title had changed.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Guys, I just received my TCF report, and I got a general B2 (CO: 505/ CE: 525/ EE: 13/EO: 13), with a general CLB 8!
With that my score jumped to 508!

I'm commenting this to maybe inspire other people to start studying french, I started my journey on January! About only 8 months ago! And by very little (just 1 extra point on the EE/EO) i would be a general C1 - CLB9!
So basically, if anyone is struggling to increase their scores, start considering the french path. It's totally feasible!
Now, let's hope for a GENERAL DRAW tomorrow!
Congratulations! You deserve it for putting in all that effort. I hope you get drawn soon. :D

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Guys, I just received my TCF report, and I got a general B2 (CO: 505/ CE: 525/ EE: 13/EO: 13), with a general CLB 8!
With that my score jumped to 508!

I'm commenting this to maybe inspire other people to start studying french, I started my journey on January! About only 8 months ago! And by very little (just 1 extra point on the EE/EO) i would be a general C1 - CLB9!
So basically, if anyone is struggling to increase their scores, start considering the french path. It's totally feasible!
Now, let's hope for a GENERAL DRAW tomorrow!
Did u have any prior knowledge of French or were u a total beginner? Can u share your study approach and resources?

Reactions: ChessGirl

Devils advocate

Dec 8, 2019
Guys.. i have one query.. I had a govt job from 2011-2017..thereafter I'm practising law as well as providing legal consultation in a company..so what all documents will I need to show my experience in govt job??? I have service letter, salary receipts, few Form-16, bank statement of salary account..will it suffice and also do I need to show proof of my present occupation ??
Plz reply as most probably today I'll make it(CRS : 498)

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
Did u have any prior knowledge of French or were u a total beginner? Can u share your study approach and resources?
Share your journey of learning French please? Prior knowledge, Resources, Money spent, approach?

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Did the promotion result in a change in NOC?
I have the same sort of problem. My current experience letter states that I received a promotion between the 3yr 1month of experience that I had in the company, but clearly states "he received a promotion, maintaining all his previous responsibilities, and adding the following ones:"

With the initial responsibilities, I would already match my NOC, so this promotion only added a few extra tasks. I believe this wouldn't be an issue. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I did study french when I was 19 (today I'm 31), for about 1 yr. But it was a very basic course, just 1 class a week (2h class). After that, I pretty much didn't have any contact with the language for about 11 years. When I decided to restart learning french, I couldn't even remember the difference between the verbs ALLER and AVOIR (go and have, respectively). So, I really think I started from the very bottom. The things I remembered were all super basic, and could be learned within 1 week of study, at maximum.

Regarding the approach: I started using Busuu app. It has 4 levels, A1 to B2, but I just studied up until B1 (I really believe you can't get anywhere close to B2 using any app). The A1-B1 took around 5-6 weeks of daily studies. After that, I simply started consuming french restless: changed the language of all my devices (even my TV!) to french, started reading news only from french-canadian websites, watching a ton of different youtube channels (both focused on learning french, such as Français avec Pierre, InnerFrench and Français Authentique, but also about topics that I enjoy, such as Tesla and Smartphones), and of course, I used Google Translator, Linguee and DeepL probably 100-200x a day (really!). I really don't believe anyone can get to B2 quickly using books or traditional methods. You simply need to immerse yourself on the language. I learned while commuting to work because I was listening to french podcasts, I learned every single time I received a Radio-Canada news notification, and so on.

Last edited:

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Oh, another thing that I did as well was taking iTalki classes to practice my speaking skills. I didn't "learned" any technical skill on these classes, they were entirely focused on practicing, and understand the mistakes that I was doing, on learning new expressions. For those who already have some basic french skills, I highly recommend a teacher called "Marine" on iTalki (it's the Marine who has a funny introduction video on the website). Her classes are ultra-cheap, and for the price is just incredible to see how devoted she is hers students. I'm pretty sure I would be stuck at B1 speaking if she didn't help me.

Reactions: Sheena87 and ns317
Status
Not open for further replies.