+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furri.6

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
India
Congrats everyone who received nominations today.

The draw was between 466-475 but I don't think candidates in 470's would accept the invitation today and will rather wait for the general fsw draw next week.

Reactions: aonanuga002

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020

The draw was between 466-475 but I don't think candidates in 470's would accept the invitation today and will rather wait for the general fsw draw next week.
Yep, I don't see why anyone with CRS 473-475 should rush to apply to OINP. After all, there is going to be a general draw next week.

I sat for another IELTS last weekend with the aim of maxing out. If I get a positive results, I will be back on 474 and that should be fine for the next draw. If not, I'll apply to OINP and take the nomination.

My intentions have always been to settle in Ontario though, the only reason why I'd take a federal ITA is to save the $1500 OINP application fee. So whether I get a federal ITA or not, it's a win-win situation for me.

It's quite relieving to finally see a breakthrough after the trying times of the past few months.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Yep, I don't see why anyone with CRS 473-475 should rush to apply to OINP. After all, there is going to be a general draw next week.

I sat for another IELTS last weekend with the aim of maxing out. If I get a positive results, I will be back on 474 and that should be fine for the next draw. If not, I'll apply to OINP and take the nomination.

My intentions have always been to settle in Ontario though, the only reason why I'd take a federal ITA is to save the $1500 OINP application fee. So whether I get a federal ITA or not, it's a win-win situation for me.

It's quite relieving to finally see a breakthrough after the trying times of the past few months.
I was in your same shoes a month ago, but didn't get NOI on the Tech Draw, as the cut-off was 477, and I was at 478. Luckily for me, I got picked up the following week on the general draw :)

When do you get your IELTS results? Hopefully in less than a week

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I was in your same shoes a month ago, but didn't get NOI on the Tech Draw, as the cut-off was 477, and I was at 478. Luckily for me, I got picked up the following week on the general draw :)

When do you get your IELTS results? Hopefully in less than a week
The result would be available on Saturday. There's ample time for me to update my profile with the new score if it comes out positive.

Reactions: BlindGoku

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020

They gave 703 NOI. Not sure if someone has the numbers of how Many they have allocated already and how many are left for 2020

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
4814 nominated by 13th August and about 2500 are left for the year which they will increase if needed.

Source: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued
4,800 nominations till that date, which wouldn’t include any of the July 29 tech draw NOIs which wouldn’t have reached that stage by Aug 13.

So adding July 29 and today’s NOIs, total nominations would reach around 6,800 by October or so. Remove maybe 200 who wouldn’t apply, so perhaps 6,600. We can probably expect one more draw then before the end of the year.

Reactions: BlindGoku

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
4,800 nominations till that date, which wouldn’t include any of the July 29 tech draw NOIs which wouldn’t have reached that stage by Aug 13.

So adding July 29 and today’s NOIs, total nominations would reach around 6,800 by October or so. Remove maybe 200 who wouldn’t apply, so perhaps 6,600. We can probably expect one more draw then before the end of the year.
Don't forget about Foreign Worker and International Student streams which had 1300 and 1250 registrations respectively in July/August which are also part of the yearly allocation.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

There is a difference between NOI and nomination. You're doing the wrong calculation here.

Not every applicant who received NOI will proceed with OINP application submission. So, nominations numbers will always be low as compare to NOI numbers. For example, on July 29, 2020, 1288 applicants received NOIs but this doesn't mean everyone will proceed with OINP submission. You can expect 60% of the nominations from these 1288 NOIs.

Similarly, today 703 NOIs have been issued. So, we can expect 400-450 nominations after 60-90 days.

Always remember, Ontario has nominations target not NOI so there will be one more General and Tech draw that we can expect to achieve 7500 annual nominations. Hope these calculation helps.

Reactions: PG12

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thanks buddy! It's a slightly longer route but the end is all that matters.
Absolutely! :)
Thanks a lot ! How to move on after this, do you have any posts to guide further ? It is mentioned that we have to accept and reply to the govt of ontario directly!
You need to apply through this portal: https://www.ontarioimmigration.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/guest/index.html#!/.

Here's a guide: https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-use-oinp-e-filing-portal.

Reactions: PG12

Road.to.canada20

May 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
According to this link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html), It looks like the only thing I will need if the form 1017B, which will be provided by the physician. And I took a look at the form, and it doesn't have at field that requires a special code provided post-ITA.

Is my understanding correct?
Did the medical exam last week in Brasilia and wasn’t asked anything about ITA or other documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.