+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I have the same sort of question. Since I believe I won't receive my TCF results before the next FSW draw, but just after it, and then I will need to wait a full 4 weeks until the next general draw :-(
I would love to know if I can speedup the process by booking my medicals without any ITA reference code or something like that. So that once I get the ITA in late September/Early October, I can submit my eAPR on the same day.
People are doing upfront medicals here in Nigeria. I find it weird that they asked the guy to provide medical request letter before allowing him to do his medicals.

Well, it could be a case of different strokes for different folks.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
People are doing upfront medicals here in Nigeria. I find it weird that they asked the guy to provide medical request letter before allowing him to do his medicals.

Well, it could be a case of different strokes for different folks.
According to this link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html), It looks like the only thing I will need if the form 1017B, which will be provided by the physician. And I took a look at the form, and it doesn't have at field that requires a special code provided post-ITA.

Is my understanding correct?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So when I submit the documents, I can ask ielts to send my previous test result?
You don't tell IELTS anything. When you upload documents and fill your application you will be asked for the IELTS scorecard number. IRCC validates scores using the number you fill in. You just need to provide the details of the scorecard you want to use.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Reactions: brentmrcs

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I have the same sort of question. Since I believe I won't receive my TCF results before the next FSW draw, but just after it, and then I will need to wait a full 4 weeks until the next general draw :-(
I would love to know if I can speedup the process by booking my medicals without any ITA reference code or something like that. So that once I get the ITA in late September/Early October, I can submit my eAPR on the same day.
You don’t need an ITA to do upfront medicals. You just book an appointment with a panel physician and state that it is an upfront medical for the purpose of immigration (PR) and they’ll give you a copy of the information sheet to upload after you are done with the medical tests.

Reactions: jrossi

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
You don’t need an ITA to do upfront medicals. You just book an appointment with a panel physician and state that it is an upfront medical for the purpose of immigration (PR) and they’ll give you a copy of the information sheet to upload after you are done with the medical tests.
Perfect. Thanks!

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
It depends on the country and the panel physician. Many panel physicians do upfront medicals, and for that all you need is your passport. In South Africa, I was able to do that. But in India when I had checked with the only panel physician in a particular city, they said they can't do it without an ITA.

So you should look at the panel physician list with IRCC first, select the one you want, and check with them as to the practice that they follow.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I would use this link to find physicians near you: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx. Then, call ahead of time and ask them if you can do it upfront. :)

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hello, this is connected to the earlier questions. I appreciate if I can get a clarification on CELPIP English test. When you register it says it will automatically send the results to IRCC. So if I take a second test and get a lower score than first, IRCC will know it. Should I put the second score (which is lower than first test) or can I keep the higher old score (still valid) ? I already registered for a second test and now I am worried to take that. Please help
How was celpip?
harder or easier that ielts?

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
They are effectively similar. If you prefer an all computer delivered test (like i do) then go with CELPIP.
But ielts has also computer based which i took
I heard its much harder for speaking and writing , i need clb 10 in both but got clb 9 in ielts

Status
Not open for further replies.