+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biancaoa

Jul 21, 2020
Even if it's a PNP followed by CEC, I don't think that the score would go below 440 as most of the IELTS centers are now open in Canada. I wouldn't surprise even if it is more than last CEC draw's cutoff score.
The celpip has opened before IELTS, which means that people are doing tests Before that. It is just a guesstimate

Reactions: RoverMover

Sharanm7

Mar 23, 2019
They can do alternate draws but it will be nice if they alternate within two weeks time. That is first week should be All Programs, second week should be PNP/CEC, third again All Programs and fourth again PNP/CEC. If they want they can split the invitation numbers. By this way the score will remain in control for CEC and for FSWs. I know this will neva happen, but just imagining :)

• Love
Reactions: biancaoa

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
FSW CRS cut-off will remain high for the foreseeable future due to the overwhelming demand from PR applicants.
Covid-19 also threw a spanner in the works, screwed everything up for most (if not all) people.

BA RIZ

Jul 21, 2019
Study french. With the right strategy, you can achieve +42 points, or even more (but it could take a little bit more than the expire date of your IELTS), which would most certainly solve your problem (even if you turn 34 or 35 years).
Any other option than the French test? How exactly will I score 42 points in it, I've heard it's really difficult. I was wondering why a PNP didn't select my profile, at 453 with NOC 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
NOC 0124 is part of the priority occupations in Ontario, but not in any other province as far as I know. I have the same NOC.

There's a minor chance of an OINP draw for priority occupations this week (maybe today). Last year, the draw had happened 2 weeks after the tech draw. If it does happen this week, the CRS will be somewhere between 455/460-475 I'd guess. Difficult to predict as it'll depend on the number of people they'd call. 453 is a tricky score.

If OINP happens after the next express entry draw, then there's a higher chance of the score going down to 453 (because the express entry cutoff will drop, and OINP will start calling NOCs from one point below the last express entry cut-off).

BA RIZ

Jul 21, 2019
Gosh, I really hope so. Glad to connect with you!

You mentioned that the express entry cutoff will drop... how so?
Also, how does OINP manage the cut-off with regards to the express entry cut-off? Doesn't OINP have a separate criteria for eligibility, such as the minimum 67/100 points for eligibility?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Gosh, I really hope so. Glad to connect with you!

You mentioned that the express entry cutoff will drop... how so?
Also, how does OINP manage the cut-off with regards to the express entry cut-off? Doesn't OINP have a separate criteria for eligibility, such as the minimum 67/100 points for eligibility?
OINP priority occupations draw is linked to express entry and is NOC-dependent. If your NOC falls within those priority NOCs, and if you have an express entry profile, you'll get a notification of interest provided your CRS is within range. Usually they have a set number of candidates that they need to invite (say, 700-800), and they invite them on the basis of the last express entry cutoff. If the cutoff was 476, they'll start inviting from 475 downwards, only on those NOCs, and stop inviting when they reach their target number of candidates. Tech draw works in the same format, and the OINP tech draw on July 29th had invited CRS between 463 and 477 (the express entry cutoff prior to that draw was 478).

You can read up more about OINP in these links:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

If I were in your position, I'd still try to increase my score through French or other means. 453 is quite tricky for OINP as well.

Reactions: BA RIZ and orwell46

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
OINP priority occupations draw is linked to express entry and is NOC-dependent. If your NOC falls within those priority NOCs, and if you have an express entry profile, you'll get a notification of interest provided your CRS is within range. Usually they have a set number of candidates that they need to invite (say, 700-800), and they invite them on the basis of the last express entry cutoff. If the cutoff was 476, they'll start inviting from 475 downwards, only on those NOCs, and stop inviting when they reach their target number of candidates. Tech draw works in the same format, and the OINP tech draw on July 29th had invited CRS between 463 and 477 (the express entry cutoff prior to that draw was 478).

You can read up more about OINP in these links:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

If I were in your position, I'd still try to increase my score through French or other means. 453 is quite tricky for OINP as well.
Yeah, try for all avenues. My friend is a programmer, which is an in-demand occupation around the world, and especially in Ontario. But because he has a 441 CRS, it doesn't seem like he'll get drawn for their tech draws. Equally bad idea to rely on priority occupation draws. Everyone needs multiple avenues to try, if possible, in case one closes. :)

Reactions: BA RIZ

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Any other option than the French test? How exactly will I score 42 points in it, I've heard it's really difficult. I was wondering why a PNP didn't select my profile, at 453 with NOC 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers.
Yes, it's really difficult. Just as, or harder, than you imagine.
Yet, do you have any other option? Can you go to Canada as a student and try the CEC path?

I wouldn't trust my life changing project to the *possibility* of one day receiving a PNP nomination. It's in your hands, it's up to you to decide if you prefer to learn a new language or never immigrate to Canada (via FSW).

Reactions: BA RIZ and ns317

Yousafali89

Aug 26, 2019
I hope you are well. Is it okay to have more funds than required? E.g. I have a USD account having 25 k. More than I mentioned for 3 members funds I'll be bringing to Canada I.e 20,000 CAD. Maintaining this account for more than a year

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
OINP has about 3000 applicants waiting for nomination and I doubt they will do another general draw this year which includes your NOC. Even if they did, number of NOI's issued will be very small and cut-off will be very high so 453 doesn't stand a chance.

I think you need CLB9 in English and CLB7 in French to get those 42 additional points. Learning French from scratch without any prior knowledge will be extremely difficult to get reasonable scores in TEF/TCF.

Reactions: BA RIZ and jrossi

sandeepkumar9788

Feb 25, 2020
Hi My college is in the list of colleges approved by AIU(Association of India universities) & NBA which gives the PGDM degree - master's degree equivalency status. I've send WES Canada the email attaching the same links. Did anyone got their PDGM (1yr) corrected to Master's degree after submitting AIU certificate to WES ?
@tapperb and others.......please anyone confirm if anyone of you got tyour PDGM (1yr) corrected to Master's degree after submitting AIU certificate to WES ?

Status
Not open for further replies.