+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Congrats in advance to the CECs with 430s and even 420s getting thier ITAs tomorrow.
FSW, let's just hope IRCC is semi fair and keeps alternating draws.
August here we come :'/

• Sad
Reactions: Totodonna

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It will most likely be a CEC draw next.

I wonder if this is because they are concerned about people from the U.S coming over given the explosion of cases there.

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
I don't understand people saying IRCC "doesn't care". How exactly should they "care" - should they give additional points based on the amount of time the person spent waiting for an invite? Maybe they should measure stress levels and give points for that? Canada has transparent targets and a transparent points system, and many ways to immigrate as well (FSW, CEC, refugees, Working Holiday etc.). If you didn't make the cut - too bad. There were others who were better candidates according to the (quite objective) criteria. I challenge everyone to say what other country is easier to immigrate to because of a more fair and transparent system.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't understand people saying IRCC "doesn't care". How exactly should they "care" - should they give additional points based on the amount of time the person spent waiting for an invite? Maybe they should measure stress levels and give points for that? Canada has transparent targets and a transparent points system, and many ways to immigrate as well (FSW, CEC, refugees, Working Holiday etc.). If you didn't make the cut - too bad. There were others who were better candidates according to the (quite objective) criteria. I challenge everyone to say what other country that's easier to immigrate to because of a more fair and transparent system.
I understand what you're saying, but locking out FSW candidates from draws is not making the system fair and egalitarian.

Of course we know this is due to covid, but you can understand people's frustrations.

Reactions: Pyruvate1

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I don't understand people saying IRCC "doesn't care". How exactly should they "care" - should they give additional points based on the amount of time the person spent waiting for an invite? Maybe they should measure stress levels and give points for that? Canada has transparent targets and a transparent points system, and many ways to immigrate as well (FSW, CEC, refugees, Working Holiday etc.). If you didn't make the cut - too bad. There were others who were better candidates according to the (quite objective) criteria. I challenge everyone to say what other country is easier to immigrate to because of a more fair and transparent system.
Nobody is saying IRCC doesn't care. What the majority of people are saying is that they should be fair.
Maybe they should just resume all program draws? Nobody is asking for extra points or FSW exclusive draws. Perhaps alternating draws for now is the middle ground.
After 4+ months of being excluded, FSWs just want a chance.
I don't understand their worries, as some FSWs are inside Canada and some CECs are outside of Canada. Plus people with ITAs given today won't be in Canada until mid 2021 the earliest!

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Nobody is saying IRCC doesn't care. What the majority of people are saying is that they should be fair.
Maybe they should just resume all program draws? Nobody is asking for extra points or FSW exclusive draws. Perhaps alternating draws for now is the middle ground.
After 4+ months of being excluded, FSWs just want a chance.
I don't understand their worries, as some FSWs are inside Canada and some CECs are outside of Canada. Plus people with ITAs given today won't be in Canada until mid 2021 the earliest!
It's not just who are inside or outside Canada mate. There are other parameters as well. Economy, job market & IRCC's employee capacity, etc,. Like people lost their jobs during the pandemic. It takes sometime for things to get to the normal state. Good thing is that they are not shutting their doors. Instead they resumed draws irrespective of border closure.

Again for people looking from outside, it may look that the curve is flattened. That's true, but people are advised to follow social distancing rules and also there are restrictions on volume of people that they can serve at once. So, everything is running at a slow pace. Eventually everything opens up and reach to a normal state.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlindGoku

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
It's not just who are inside or outside Canada mate. There are other parameters as well. Economy, job market & IRCC's employee capacity, etc,. Like people lost their jobs during the pandemic. It takes sometime for things to get to the normal state. Good thing is that they are not shutting their doors. Instead they resumed draws irrespective of border closure.

Again for people looking from outside, it may look that the curve is flattened. That's true, but people are advised to follow social distancing rules and also there are restrictions on volume of people that they can serve at once. So, everything is running at a slow pace. Eventually everything opens up and reach to a normal state.
Agree, but at the same time just remember that the vast majority of ITAs given are for economic growth for support Canada 10-20 years from now, not for immediate impact.
People which ITAs are given today will not land in Canada anytime soon. I'm sure that by mid 2021, countries would have figure out how to manage travel from different countries where infection rates are higher than others. Plus at least a couple vaccines look promising for Fall expanded testing. So looks like the world will make a comeback sometime in 2021.
I understand that they took actions for many months as they managed the first wave of Covid, and trying to see how to manage this situation. Now that we have seen how it behaves, I wish they could start general draws, as said before, people won't enter Canada until mid-late 2021, ready to start again the economy.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Let us hope today to be FST draw to keep hopes intact. Although this is against all hopes. Two factors

1) If IRCC had to do PNP and fSW specific draw as some are suggesting, they would have gone for all prgm draw, it does not make sense that ircc is depriving CEC from EE .

2) In past, whenever FST happens it was for rounded figure like 400 500 invites. Anyways this is not any indicator. but may be cec pnp comnination looks more probable.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
The alarming thing is if ircc goes for cec pnp like before, oinp might go for crazy NOI as well (starting from 500) . only for 470 crsers . just like they did in past

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Let us hope today to be FST draw to keep hopes intact. Although this is against all hopes. Two factors

1) If IRCC had to do PNP and fSW specific draw as some are suggesting, they would have gone for all prgm draw, it does not make sense that ircc is depriving CEC from EE .

2) In past, whenever FST happens it was for rounded figure like 400 500 invites. Anyways this is not any indicator. but may be cec pnp comnination looks more probable.
Congrats in advance to the CECs with 430s and even 420s getting thier ITAs tomorrow.
FSW, let's just hope IRCC is semi fair and keeps alternating draws.
August here we come :'/

Draw tomorrow:
CEC: 95%
FSW: 4%
FST: 1%

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
This is really exceptional and once again we could never anticipate what IRCC had in their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.