+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hello all,

I have a question and hope you can help.

I am CRS480 and will be receiving ITA today. My boyfriend (common-law partner) decided to move together. However, I entered the pool by myself last November. He has not been able to take IELTS because of Covid. I calculated his score with basic information and 7,7.5,8,7.5 (which I think he can easily get). And the result for me changed from 480 to 481.

Should I deny this ITA and wait for the next one just so he can come with me at the same time? Because without me he is only CRS 463 with a decent IELTS score. Considering they haven't resumed IELTS, I think the earlies he can get ITA will be October. That means we will be in two countries for at least a year. Please give your valuable suggestions!! Thanks!!

@ZAtoCD Heyy congratulation! Will you please also take a look?
My take on this is that you wait out till next draw as I think during this pandemic the time to submit application is 90 days(?). See how the cutoff goes and based on that accept/reject the ITA. Meanwhile, ask your bf to get IELTS date asap.

carlopop

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
08-11-2013
Hi All, I'll never forget how resourceful this forum was when I completed my immigration back in 2014 and being able to collab with all the members.

Quick question, how long after the draw does the ITA get issued? My brother in law submitted a profile of CRS481 on July 4th and wondering if they made the cut.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
471-4804,561
461-4707,468
451-4608,191
If everything remains same as it has been in the past 3 months, the preceding draws will decrease even up to 460

Reactions: aj534160

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Hi All, I'll never forget how resourceful this forum was when I completed my immigration back in 2014 and being able to collab with all the members.

Quick question, how long after the draw does the ITA get issued? My brother in law submitted a profile of CRS481 on July 4th and wondering if they made the cut.
24 hours

Reactions: carlopop

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
That actually means a lot to me, so thank you for saying it. And for your well wishes. I really appreciate that. If today is my day to get an ITA, I will stay here and continue to spread the love as best as I can. :)
Congratulations sir! You actually helped me stay sane in the midst of all the bickering. All the best moving forward

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
This is a good sign. The US is about to boot all those students who will flock to Canada which in turn will make those scores skyrocket. Along with all those people on H1B. Its about to get serious for those with low (450s range) CRS. This will in turn give us all those well deserving folks with 500+. CRS. Let the games begin.

roonke292

Jul 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I will get an ITA in this draw as my score is above 478. However, I am completing 3 years of experience on 24th July.
Am i eligible to file an application after 24th July or do I have to reject the ITA.

I do not want to waste the opportunity because I am not sure whether they are going to keep issuing FSW draws frequently.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Finally congrats to FSW folks who were waiting for long and got lucky in today's draw.. Wish you all the best

a145m20

Jun 1, 2020
Hi all,
Congratulations to all the people who are going to get their ITAs. I'm at 474 and 10 days back had accepted Ontario NOI for PNP and yesterday I received a mail that the documents are complete and they will start assessment stage.
Now since the FSWs have resumed, I guess in next 2 draws my ITA may come. So in short, by one day, I lost my CAD 1500 I guess as now OINP will not refund my application fees right? Any opinions on this.
Hi,

I am in the same position as you. I applied for OINP on 2nd July and my CRS is 471. I think your ITA may come in the next couple of draws, but i think i did the right thing, otherwise approximately 2 more months would have been wasted. What do you think?

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I will get an ITA in this draw as my score is above 478. However, I am completing 3 years of experience on 24th July.
Am i eligible to file an application after 24th July or do I have to reject the ITA.

I do not want to waste the opportunity because I am not sure whether they are going to keep issuing FSW draws frequently.
Do not reject.. But apply after you complete the stipulated time

Reactions: roonke292

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

I am in the same position as you. I applied for OINP on 2nd July and my CRS is 471. I think your ITA may come in the next couple of draws, but i think i did the right thing, otherwise approximately 2 more months would have been wasted. What do you think?
You did the right thing. Better to have a bird in hand than two in the Bush. This is a guaranteed PR application if things go well for you. Congrats!

Reactions: a145m20
Status
Not open for further replies.