+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
What is tie breaking rule?

I am standing at 470 and made profile on June 29, 2020. So lets suppose
1-if next draw happens of 469 then tie breaking rule will not apply on me and i will get an ITA straight away even if I applied the day before DRAW?
2-Also if draw happens of 470 then they will set cut off date like people who made the profile with abc date will get ITA ONLY?

am i right?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi there.

You should get the invite within the nest 24 Hours. Have you applied for your police clearance yet. The Postnet in Pretoria can help with that and they seem to get them pretty quickly.

Also you can book your medical. Not sure where in the country you are but in Durban there is only one doctor and we got an appointment really quickly.

Get updated proof of funds and all you other docs ready. You will get the ITA and then fill in a series of questions. Depending on the answers it will populate a list of documents they require.

All the best for filling in the form. You can always message if you need some help.

I am so happy to see this draw. Hopefully they will start issuing PPRs next.
Congrats on your ITA! Your posts have been some of the best ones to read here during the last few months.

Regarding PCC, yes you should apply right away. I have a PCC from September 2019 in SA. I'm going to apply right away for a new one, considering the score might drop to 474 in 1-2 draws. It took them 6 weeks to prepare my PCC last time.

You'd need to get fresh medicals as well, if it was done more than 6 months ago.
Just to check with both of you. I am in Cape Town. I actually got everything done in advance, so that I could be ready when I got an ITA.

I got my medicals done upfront, and to my knowledge, they're valid for 12 months, right? So that should be fine.

My PCC only expires on 28 July 2020, so if I apply tomorrow, according to the EE website, that should also be fine, right?

I will get updated proof of funds and employment (current) letters tomorrow. Then I'll be ready to upload and submit my application.

Unless you think something is wrong?

LouiseV36

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
I see this on the Canadian government EE website: "must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application".

Mine will expire on 28 July 2020. So, if I apply tomorrow, I should be okay?

The SA government is slow on a good day. During a pandemic? Who knows. So, I don't wanna try get a new one and wait, if I don't need to. But if I need to, I will. What are everyone's thoughts?
You should be fine. We submitted the application on the 20 November. My PPC expired on the 08 December and it was accepted.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Just to check with both of you. I am in Cape Town. I actually got everything done in advance, so that I could be ready when I got an ITA.

I got my medicals done upfront, and to my knowledge, they're valid for 12 months, right? So that should be fine.

My PCC only expires on 28 July 2020, so if I apply tomorrow, according to the EE website, that should also be fine, right?

I will get updated proof of funds and employment (current) letters tomorrow. Then I'll be ready to upload and submit my application.

Sorry, ignore the bit about medicals.. it has been so many months since I collected my documents that I completely forgot the rule. It's 12 months before landing time I think (or one of the last stages).. so depending on how long the processing from ITA would take, you might need to do it again. But no obstacle in submitting with what you have now.

Yes, for PCC if it doesn't hit 6 months by the time you submit (e-APR I think it's called), you are fine.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You should be fine. We submitted the application on the 20 November. My PPC expired on the 08 December and it was accepted.
Thank you! That is wonderful news! I will go get my new proof of funds and employment letters tomorrow, and apply. That is, if I get an ITA email sometimes soon, :)

Sorry, ignore the bit about medicals.. it has been so many months since I collected my documents that I completely forgot the rule. It's 12 months before landing time I think (or one of the last stages).. so depending on how long the processing from ITA would take, you might need to do it again. But no obstacle in submitting with what you have now.

Yes, for PCC if it doesn't hit 6 months by the time you submit (e-APR I think it's called), you are fine.
Thank you for the confirmation! I appreciate your help. I also got my photos earlier this year. Do you know if there's a validity period on those as well?

LouiseV36

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019

I applied and my PPC expired like 2 weeks later. It was accepted by visa officers. If you have all your documents then you are good to go.

Good luck and congrats. Soon you will be in the hurry up and wait category. :)

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Congratulations everyone who got the ITA! Special shout-out to @ZAtoCD for all the positivity and news! I think if you apply in the next few days, your PCC should hold good. Was at 474. Lost 5 points in April. Really hoping there's a day of hope for people like me. Otherwise, french it is!

cali_ljz

May 6, 2020
Hello all,

I have a question and hope you can help.

I am CRS480 and will be receiving ITA today. My boyfriend (common-law partner) decided to move together. However, I entered the pool by myself last November. He has not been able to take IELTS because of Covid. I calculated his score with basic information and 7,7.5,8,7.5 (which I think he can easily get). And the result for me changed from 480 to 481.

Should I deny this ITA and wait for the next one just so he can come with me at the same time? Because without me he is only CRS 463 with a decent IELTS score. Considering they haven't resumed IELTS, I think the earlies he can get ITA will be October. That means we will be in two countries for at least a year. Please give your valuable suggestions!! Thanks!!

@ZAtoCD Heyy congratulation! Will you please also take a look?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Which services are they selling you / us? If you find any service they sell direct to consumer, I will give you a million dollars.
Immigration consultants are always selling you a service. They want you to pay them for their advice on immigration. Now, please message me so I can tell you where to send my million dollars.

In other news, congratulations to those FSWs who have been patient and understanding during this time!

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Congratulations everyone who got the ITA! Special shout-out to @ZAtoCD for all the positivity and news! I think if you apply in the next few days, your PCC should hold good. Was at 474. Lost 5 points in April. Really hoping there's a day of hope for people like me. Otherwise, french it is!
Don't waste time my friend. Please go in for french asap.

Reactions: ita_drgen

DreamerT

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi all,
Congratulations to all the people who are going to get their ITAs. I'm at 474 and 10 days back had accepted Ontario NOI for PNP and yesterday I received a mail that the documents are complete and they will start assessment stage.
Now since the FSWs have resumed, I guess in next 2 draws my ITA may come. So in short, by one day, I lost my CAD 1500 I guess as now OINP will not refund my application fees right? Any opinions on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.