South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Its unlikely but possible. I read this article, that's why
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1757790275741
Canada-US border, sure. Perhaps. But closing the country up to the rest of the world just because of the US seems like a terrible (and unnecessary) idea. Just because the US is mismanaging COVID doesn't mean other countries are. Treating the rest of the world the same way you treat Trump's America seems like a bad decision for Canada. I doubt they'd do that.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Do you have any reference to this ?
It doesn’t say the vfs gonna be closed till 30 September , it’s just that paper applications of temporary residence visas like student , tourist or work permit won’t be accepted . It’s nothing to do with the opening of visa centres

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
They won't close the borders for a year. Not going to happen.
Canada couldn’t even close it for next two months , economically it’s not possible . The main hurdle is USA , it’s Canada trade partner , and 85% Canadian business depends on US. So , Canada doesn’t want that it open borders to other countries , not to US, as it would affect their relationship , and u know how American president is . Hence , they are monitoring the situation in US , but Canada got to find another way

Reactions: Igethope

amanc018

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Canada couldn’t even close it for next two months , economically it’s not possible . The main hurdle is USA , it’s Canada trade partner , and 85% Canadian business depends on US. So , Canada doesn’t want that it open borders to other countries , not to US, as it would affect their relationship , and u know how American president is . Hence , they are monitoring the situation in US , but Canada got to find another way
do you know that cargo and essential personals can cross the border? the border is only closed for recreational travel.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
do you know that cargo and essential personals can cross the border? the border is only closed for recreational travel.
But , what about officials of companies . A lot of people used to cross border everyday for work purposes . The numbers were 1.2 million a day last year in July , which is at the moment around 50000

XYXDXA

Jul 2, 2020
We don’t know that maybe IRCC just wanna give the chance to CEC candidates even for very low marks. I thought even FSW applicants got ITA, it would take more than 6 months to get final decision, also they can give a later date for landing after pandemic, but seems like they don’t want to do this way

amanc018

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
But , what about officials of companies . A lot of people used to cross border everyday for work purposes . The numbers were 1.2 million a day last year in July , which is at the moment around 50000
Fair point, They might open the border with some restrictions in next few months. I don't think Canada will allow tourism and recreational travel from US anytime soon.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
We don’t know that maybe IRCC just wanna give the chance to CEC candidates even for very low marks. I thought even FSW applicants got ITA, it would take more than 6 months to get final decision, also they can give a later date for landing after pandemic, but seems like they don’t want to do this way
I think the concern with FSWs is whether they can gather all of their documents in 3 months of receiving an ITA, so they can submit a complete application.

I can understand how that would have been a problem earlier.

XYXDXA

Jul 2, 2020
I think the concern with FSWs is whether they can gather all of their documents in 3 months of receiving an ITA, so they can submit a complete application.

I can understand how that would have been a problem earlier.
Maybe they can give extra time to submit the documents same like the biometric, they extended from 30 to 90 days and now they are saying even beyond 90 days is ok, so probably this wouldn’t be the main concern of FSWs. But still make a wish that it will draw soon

Status
Not open for further replies.