+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Just heard the borders will closed for longer than they originally had planned. 51K new cases in the US today alone. WOW. Those are some crazy numbers. Canada is not playing with thing. Seems like CEC guys with 300 CRS will be invited. Good for them. FSW guys dreams are fading away with each new COVID19 case reported. Drastic times call for drastic measures Canada and Canadians must be protected health wise and jobs wise.
You said that already. Thrice this week if my memory serves right. It's amazing you keep "hearing just" now and keep reposting it.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePatnaGuy

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Just heard the borders will closed for longer than they originally had planned. 51K new cases in the US today alone. WOW. Those are some crazy numbers. Canada is not playing with thing. Seems like CEC guys with 300 CRS will be invited. Good for them. FSW guys dreams are fading away with each new COVID19 case reported. Drastic times call for drastic measures Canada and Canadians must be protected health wise and jobs wise.
lol, very transparent trolling attempt.

You can do better than that.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePatnaGuy

OADEOYA

Jan 2, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I agree, the FSW draw will most likely to resume at the beginning of Aug, hopefully the score won't be too high.
Dont be surprised when the score is low. What if they decide to call those that have been in the pool for a very long time.

jafran8564

Apr 3, 2019
Sydney
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/02/2020
Thanks for sharing - this is a step in the right direction

Hope this eventually extends to IEC and FSW candidates. I am an applicant in both pools.

Given my lower than average FSW score (457), my backup plan (pre-Covid) was to get an open work permit via the IEC program and hopefully get the one year of relevant Canadian work experience to then apply as a CEC candidate.

LaksHari

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello all,

I have been looking at this thread from day 1 and would like to appreciate all the guys waiting patiently for an FSW draw.
As a matter of fact, no one can predict when the draws will resume. But it will for sure for two reasons 1. The aging population of canada
2. They have already announced targets till 2022.
I don't think Canadian government is that naive to scrape the whole immigration process just because of a virus. Humanity has faced more severe situations and life has moved on. Keep up the good spirit and everything will fall in place sooner or later.
Coming to the point. The below message has been updated on the VAC website in the UAE.
Biometric collection and return of approved passports were already functional.
Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only) – (to resume July 1, 2020). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
Keep motivating each other.

Reactions: Yemjim

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Hello all,

I have been looking at this thread from day 1 and would like to appreciate all the guys waiting patiently for an FSW draw.
As a matter of fact, no one can predict when the draws will resume. But it will for sure for two reasons 1. The aging population of canada
2. They have already announced targets till 2022.
I don't think Canadian government is that naive to scrape the whole immigration process just because of a virus. Humanity has faced more severe situations and life has moved on. Keep up the good spirit and everything will fall in place sooner or later.
Coming to the point. The below message has been updated on the VAC website in the UAE.
Biometric collection and return of approved passports were already functional.
Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only) – (to resume July 1, 2020). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
Keep motivating each other.
I think there is little doubt that the FSW draw is going to resume. The CEC only draws are not going to be sustainable in the long run.
It's just unfortunate some candidates lose the opportunity.

LaksHari

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I think there is little doubt that the FSW draw is going to resume. The CEC only draws are not going to be sustainable in the long run.
It's just unfortunate some candidates lose the opportunity.
Yes. I too have the same opinion.
The local visa offices opening up to all processes is a good sign and proof enough to substantiate that thought.

Reactions: Igethope

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I find this quite bizarre as IRCC is re-opening VACs for biometrics in a few countries and not invite any FSW candidates while keeping Service Canada centres closed until further notice. In other words, inland candidates are getting ITAs but can’t submit their biometrics, meaning their application will be put on hold while IRCC is allowing some outland candidates to submit their biometrics. It does not make any sense to me. I hope they address this soon and start doing general draws ASAP. If they do not act soon, everything is going to be one gigantic mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.