+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
If that is the case, I would say they can still provide around 1.8k just to CECs alone and the other 1.9k to FSWs. It's just my suggestion.
Neither of us are from IRCC so we cannot say anything. The govt has to decide.
Let's hope that something positive turns up soon
Draws were to benefit cec only , how would IRCC invites FSW. Inland applicants are more important to them , who have been paying taxes , and probably have spent a lot on studies . We need to understand , if we were cec , when would have want the same from the government in this pandemic . We are on the opposite side , that’s why a bit frustrated . But , this government is sensible . Assume this about ur home country

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
hello everyone,

here is what i think is happening :

Once you get an ITA ... that's a commitment from IRCC to process your application (Biometric, Eligibility, Medical, Criminality, Security, CoPR ... then PR) ... Taking into consideration that the ITA is a liability for them (They are obligated to say YES you are PR, or NO you are rejected).

Putting in mind that :
1) Biometric is closed in most countries.
2) they can't check with different countries for Criminality or Security.
3) not everyone is organized and have their documents and PCCs ready.
4) VAC centers are closed in most countries, they can't collect Fingerprints, ask for passports, or process them as consulates/embassies are working on a limited capacity, and needs to give priorities to Canadians.
5) they already have a huge backlog of people with "Approved" Status, who can't travel because CoPR expired, or wasn't issued at the first place (VAC closed, Consulates/Embassies are on limited-staffing ..)

So if they issued ITAs to a lot of people from outside Canada, it will leave them with a lot of applications that might take a year to process (as most of the countries are closed, or opening now, and will be very slow to answer).

At the same time IRCC needs to bring people to Canada to ensure that they achieve their Goverment's Mandate (Ensure the effective implementation of Canada’s increased annual Immigration Levels Plan for 2020-2022, attracting more than a million new permanent residents to Canada over that time).

On the other hand, CEC are already in Canada, some of them might have to switch to Visitor visas and others will renew work permits, as Canada can't kick them out, as flights are still very very limited or closed countries, and IRCC doesn't want to have 10th of thousands of illegal foreigners inside Canada.

I am not comparing CEC to FSW, they are both great dudes, but IRCC doesn't care that much :) ... if 16,000 people managed to get ITA (4 draws) during this time with 410 points (2Y Diploma, 1 year experience, 8777 IELTS) ... to IRCC this is a fraction of the number of people they invite over the year.

By inviting CEC, they :
1) fixed the problem of people inside Canada who can't leave (and no one know when they will be able to leave)
2) process PR applications per their mandate
3) CEC, inland FSW are getting their PR via mail, and skipping the Interview (during the week of June 8, IRCC completed 5,000 virtual permanent residence landings)

Above is an opinion ... not a fact .. but i am keen to hear from others about this

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
hello everyone,

Once you get an ITA ... that's a commitment from IRCC to process your application (Biometric, Eligibility, Medical, Criminality, Security, CoPR ... then PR) ... Taking into consideration that the ITA is a liability for them (They are obligated to say YES you are PR, or NO you are rejected).

Putting in mind that :
4) VAC centers are closed in most countries, they can't collect Fingerprints, ask for passports, or process them as consulates/embassies are working on a limited capacity, and needs to give priorities to Canadians.
5) they already have a huge backlog of people with "Approved" Status, who can't travel because CoPR expired, or wasn't issued at the first place (VAC closed, Consulates/Embassies are on limited-staffing ..)

So if they issued ITAs to a lot of people from outside Canada, it will leave them with a lot of applications that might take a year to process (as most of the countries are closed, or opening now, and will be very slow to answer).

At the same time IRCC needs to bring people to Canada to ensure that they achieve their Goverment's Mandate (Ensure the effective implementation of Canada’s increased annual Immigration Levels Plan for 2020-2022, attracting more than a million new permanent residents to Canada over that time).

On the other hand, CEC are already in Canada, some of them might have to switch to Visitor visas and others will renew work permits, as Canada can't kick them out, as flights are still very very limited or closed countries, and IRCC doesn't want to have 10th of thousands of illegal foreigners inside Canada.

I am not comparing CEC to FSW, they are both great dudes, but IRCC doesn't care that much :) ... if 16,000 people managed to get ITA (4 draws) during this time with 410 points (2Y Diploma, 1 year experience, 8777 IELTS) ... to IRCC this is a fraction of the number of people they invite over the year.

By inviting CEC, they :
1) fixed the problem of people inside Canada who can't leave (and no one know when they will be able to leave)
3) CEC, inland FSW are getting their PR via mail, and skipping the Interview (during the week of June 8, IRCC completed 5,000 virtual permanent residence landings)

Above is an opinion ... not a fact .. but i am keen to hear from others about this
I just wish some folks on here are half sensible as you and what you said makes a whole lot of sense.

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Draws were to benefit cec only , how would IRCC invites FSW. Inland applicants are more important to them , who have been paying taxes , and probably have spent a lot on studies . We need to understand , if we were cec , when would have want the same from the government in this pandemic . We are on the opposite side , that’s why a bit frustrated . But , this government is sensible . Assume this about ur home country
I don't think it has anything with Paying taxes, or how much money you spent inside the country :) ... FSW will pay more taxes than CEC (as most FSW are more skilled than CEC, and will get better job opportunities), FSW will bring money from outside, to buy furniture, cars and resettle.
Check my post above, and let me know what do you think

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
hello everyone,

Putting in mind that :

By inviting CEC, they :

Great.
So why is that Ontario does PNP draw to Outlanders as well?
In the past 3 months, Ontario has issued thousands of PNP invitations to outlanders who were into IT, BFS (Banking and Financial Sector), French speaking Software/Skilled people, Trade draws and much more.
Not only Ontario but also Manitoba, BC, and Saskatchewan followed suit.
If you still hold on to your theory, I can share an example - A friend of mine, who worked in Vancouver between 2017 to 19 (work visa by his employer) came back to India. He barely scored 7666 in IELTS but because of his 3 years of skilled work exp, MBA, 29 years, and 2 years of CEC he got the invite while he was in India (442 CRS).
So more than half of the CECs are in their home countries but applications are still being processed.
It's just one reason why CEC exclusive draws are happening - CEC people who cannot leave Canada after their status expires and hence are being gifted now. Once they will be able to leave (borders open), FSW draws will resume right away
Paying taxes or spending lakhs money on education is not a concern to IRCC even to the least bit.
By July or August, as soon as Canada opens its borders, you will see "All draws" back in action

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Sorry, I forgot to add that they also mentioned that they give the COPRs who had been issued PPRs before March 18th but were affected due to covid restrictions.

here is the link

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/ministers-answer-questions-on-canadas-immigration-system-video-0614797.html
Nopes,, this line means that they have issued virtual or to all those who landed here in canada and got copr before 18march.
but copr approved 18march are still under current travel restrictions

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Great.
In the past 3 months, Ontario has issued thousands of PNP invitations to outlanders who were into IT, BFS (Banking and Financial Sector), French speaking Software/Skilled people, Trade draws and much more.
If you still hold on to your theory, I can share an example - A friend of mine, who worked in Vancouver between 2017 to 19 (work visa by his employer) came back to India. He barely scored 7666 in IELTS but because of his 3 years of skilled work exp, MBA, 29 years, and 2 years of CEC he got the invite while he was in India (442 CRS).
So more than half of the CECs are in their home countries but applications are still being processed.
It's just one reason why CEC exclusive draws are happening - CEC people who cannot leave Canada after their status expires and hence are being gifted now. Once they will be able to leave (borders open), FSW draws will resume right away
Paying taxes or spending lakhs money on education is not a concern to IRCC even to the least bit.
By July or August, as soon as Canada opens its borders, you will see "All draws" back in action
We will see tomorrow what future holds for all of us, there is no point in meaningless arguments and analysis.

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Great.
Ontario is using it's PNP allocation to serve It's local needs ( Health-Care workers, Finance & IT Dudes, French speakers) ... those I think max at 7,350 applications which is nothing compared to IRCC's mandate (341,000 ) ... and remember that there are numbers for each category (91,800 CEC FSW, FST) and (67,800 PNP) and (25,250 for Quebec Skilled workers & business) (Source HERE)... IRCC is obligated to process those PNPs per agreements with the Provinces.

Re your friend who returned, I am glad he got it ... but he doesn't represent the majority of CEC ... I think most of CEC are still inside Canada. where did you get your statement that more than half returned ?

I think that once IRCC think that the countries are open (Flights, VACs, Medicals, Police checks, Consulates/Embassies) they will resume All programs

Have a good day :)

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Ontario is using it's PNP allocation to serve It's local needs ( Health-Care workers, Finance & IT Dudes, French speakers) ... those I think max at 7,350 applications which is nothing compared to IRCC's mandate (341,000 ) ... and remember that there are numbers for each category (91,800 CEC FSW, FST) and (67,800 PNP) and (25,250 for Quebec Skilled workers & business) (Source HERE)... IRCC is obligated to process those PNPs per agreements with the Provinces.

Re your friend who returned, I am glad he got it ... but he doesn't represent the majority of CEC ... I think most of CEC are still inside Canada. where did you get your statement that more than half returned ?

I think that once IRCC think that the countries are open (Flights, VACs, Medicals, Police checks, Consulates/Embassies) they will resume All programs

Have a good day :)
Even though Ontario giving PNP nominations, it is the IRCC that processes files eventually
IRCC has the authority to inform OINP to not to invite outlanders if such is the case
Frankly, we not have any real idea.
So lets leave all these upto IRCC
Let's see what tomorrow's draw brings
God help us

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Even though Ontario giving PNP nominations, it is the IRCC that processes files eventually
IRCC has the authority to inform OINP to not to invite outlanders if such is the case
Frankly, we not have any real idea.
So lets leave all these upto IRCC
Let's see what tomorrow's draw brings
God help us
Each department is trying to achieve their mandate ... it's a big political thing ..... again, look at the numbers for each program .... numbers means a lot to Canadians ... and if departments achieved their goals in numbers ... that's what matters ...

It doesn't matter if it's outlander or insider .. in the game of politics and economy we are just numbers :(

The difficult decision of identifying how many newcomers Canada will welcome each year is shaped by six major factors:
  • Demographics and economics
  • Canada’s policy goals
  • Global circumstances
  • Canada’s integration capacity
  • Canada’s processing capacity
  • Politics
Source : HERE.

IRCC is managing/over-sighting the whole thing, and it can control/choose from the federal programs only (CEC, FSW, FST, Federal Business, Pilots) ... In order to stop PNP, they need to announce that formally, they can't do it by : "hey Ford, tell your guys to stop issuing NOI"
IF they announced that PNP is now on hold, they have to answer to angry MPs (from different parties) and provide justification on why PNP is suspended ... I think they are mitigating the different issues by keeping the ITA process going, allowing provinces to issue NOI,

IRCC's immigrants mandate is to process applications, and those are :
91,800 (reserved for Federal High Skilled .... aka : CEC, FSW & FST)
750 (reserved for Federal Business)
10,200 (reserved for Pilots )
67,800 (reserved for PNP)
25,250 (reserved for QC)
91,000 (reserved for spouses, partners, children, parents, grandparents)
49,700 (reserved for GA Sponsored refugees, Private Sponsored refugees, Protected Persons in Canada & dependents abroad)
4,500 (reserved for Humanitarian & Compassionate cases)

(CEC, FSW, FST) represent almost 50% of the "economic" part (195,000 applicants)....and 27% of the whole yearly applications.

So they have a lot on their plate to think of ... beside FSW or CEC ....

CEC & FSW are important ... but we are not the only savers of Canada ... we are just a small piece in a the big immigration puzzle.

Last edited:

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
If we have a general draw tomorrow, my prediction is 475-477.

Last edited:
Reactions: samirsam
Status
Not open for further replies.