Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Yep. As I stated I think the new normal will need to have at least a Masters degree to gain PR through Express Entry. That is where we are heading now.
Isn’t this the normal already... most people with high scores (470 and above) have masters

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yep. As I stated I think the new normal will need to have at least a Masters degree to gain PR through Express Entry. That is where we are heading now.
Agreed. People often forget about international students in the US on OPT who usually have a STEM Master and 3 years of experience (if they max their OPT), I think the new wave will be these DUDES not necessarily old timer H1Bs who are usually past the age of 30

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
Exactly. All we can do is to hope that 'All program' draw happens sooner.
Nothing else we can do.
I went through an agent to get my CRS score high............................ for getting ready my FSW.................now waiting is so hard. Open border so I can come. CRS score is 473

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Imagine, dudes in US who are planning to move cannot just cross the border. IELTS in US I guess is not happening and not everyone (H1B) have stuided in the USA. So most of those dudes (mostly from India) would have to come to their home countries -> ask the univ to give transcripts (which cannot happen until September or Oct) -> Send it to WES or CES or IQAS -> All the ECA org staff are working from home and so if dudes send transcripts to the respective ECA body addresses (which itself is a lengthy task now), their physical transcripts will be piling up in the reception until staff come back to work -> the staff will then have a damn hard time to sort the couriers -> Arrange them -> start the work -> With backlogs, it might take minimum 5 months to complete the evaluation -> hand over the report.
This is my view at the moment and if things get worse, there will be further delays in just obtaining transcripts alone. |
Plus dudes have to first get past the 8777 benchmark which is another hurdle especially during this Covid timeframe.
So not to worry.
At the moment, everything is stable and "all program draws" are also set to happen by July
If you have obtained everything and settled with a score of 460 and above, you are safe. If you have started everything from scratch now, it's a challenge.
Regarding 460 above being safe. As much as I want it to be the case since I'm at 460, I can't see that score being safe. Looking at the influx of candidates in the >460 range for the past months shows that the cutoff will be higher (probably 470s) This influx is happening despite the IELTS and wes delays that we are seeing....

Reactions: InternationalMallu

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
It should be good enough, that's where we were around pre-COVID, a bit higher or just about 470 as the cut-off score, i think after the initial clearance of the FSWs with very high scores, we'll regress to that point of around 470.

CEC has also been emptied out regularly with their draws, so there aren't many high scorers in the pool at the moment.

Now, i still think there will be a back to back draw, so that should bring the score down too.
What is your CRS score?

Reactions: ozzyess

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My score is already a PR, in Toronto, and sweating like crazy because it's super hot here right now.

It's a pretty good score, i'm hopeful. :)
Ah yes, I saw the heat warning for the GTA yesterday. Still not as hot as I get with South African summers though, but it's all about what you're used to. Are you surviving?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Y

You bet it does, there are some promising developments regarding vaccine for COVID-19 but still some countries are hell bent on closing the borders. In a way I guess its good for them but its not a good sign for people like us.
Don't worry too much and it will affect your life (man, I am telling myself the same thing). Your score is good so any worry is not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.