Not open for further replies.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Lol
Unfortunately, OINP doesn’t give out as much information as one may want only if you contact them. From the commencement of the French stream they made mention of french as first language in their letter to IRCC so I don’t know why they wish not to continue mentioning that.
The thing is that it's perfectly possible to achieve maximum scores in both English and French. Without any of them having to be your actual first language. For the purposes of an EE profile, you have to choose one of these languages as your first (whether that is true in real life or not). This is why it makes sense to request certain test scores, without insisting that it has to be your first language.

I don't know what the OINP mentioned when it first started, I only know what it says now.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
The thing is that it's perfectly possible to achieve maximum scores in both English and French. Without any of them having to be your actual first language. For the purposes of an EE profile, you have to choose one of these languages as your first (whether that is true in real life or not). This is why it makes sense to request certain test scores, without insisting that it has to be your first language.

I don't know what the OINP mentioned when it first started, I only know what it says now.
If they don’t issue you an LOI , that’s it
If You pissed about their decisions write them .
If you feel i gave a false information, discard my informations .

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If they don’t issue you an LOI , that’s it
If You pissed about their decisions write them .
If you feel i gave a false information, discard my informations .
I am not upset about their decision. I am just pointing out that the official rules make no mention of French having to be a first language. That's all.

CarlosAndres

Jun 19, 2020
Especially after multiple factors were pointing towards and all program draw this time.
EE is based on a mathematical model - the higher the score the better the candidate (i'm not commenting on any person just talking about the model)

I cant seem to understand that when you have thousands of high scoring candidates then why drop the score to 430 level?????

If covid 19 is an issue then due to the delayed processing of applications FSW candidates will not be able to land in canada before a year!
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate in Canada has increased considerably (2 millions of jobs were lost in April 2020 according to cbc.ca), lots of Canadians are unemployed as a consequence of the COVID19 pandemic. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.

• Angry
Reactions: lone_ranger

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate in Canada has increased considerably (2 millions of jobs were lost in April 2020 according to cbc.ca), lots of Canadians are unemployed as a consequence of the COVID19 pandemic. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.
Dude you are literally posting the same reply on all your posts. Please read the topic of this thread again

Reactions: palak63

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Yes, noted. And many thanks, too, for your concern about our future. I really appreciate that.
Most of us FSW candidates are with high scores, and we are doing well in our career and education. We are still having our work in hands even during the pandemic (the unemployment rate in my country has only raised by 0.2% during the pandemic and we are reopening right now).
We are looking at Canada as another long-term option for setting down or maybe, for taking a fresh turn in our lives and careers. If Canada is no longer a lovely piece of cake, we will just simply halt our plan to move there. But for now, all we hope is to secure the status before we turn too old for it.
And don't overthink nor overreact. Even after we land in Canada, we will not steal your jobs. I guess we are not in the same field, either, my friend. So if you have invested too much money and emotions in Canada, and the economy does not treat you so well, just focus on eating this cake. When it gets better, we will join you.

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hi.Any idea when will the VACs for Canada are reopening ?

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Yes, noted. And many thanks, too, for your concern about our future. I really appreciate that.
Most of us FSW candidates are with high scores, and we are doing well in our career and education. We are still having our work in hands even during the pandemic (the unemployment rate in my country has only raised by 0.2% during the pandemic and we are reopening right now).
We are looking at Canada as another long-term option for setting down or maybe, for taking a fresh turn in our lives and careers. If Canada is no longer a lovely piece of cake, we will just simply halt our plan to move there. But for now, all we hope is to secure the status before we turn too old for it.
And don't overthink nor overreact. Even after we land in Canada, we will not steal your jobs. I guess we are not in the same field, either, my friend. So if you have invested too much money and emotions in Canada, and the economy does not treat you so well, just focus on eating this cake. When it gets better, we will join you.
which country are you from?

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
IRCC has requested vendors to migrate into more electronic process as most of theirs is still done on paper. Their justification was “we expect a high number of applications post covid-19”.

Reactions: jesse1120

Akskhu

Jun 20, 2020
Hey guys, just joined the forum.

Standing at 470, waiting for FSW draws to resume. Looking at the numbers doesn't look like the draw will reach to 470 in atleast 2-3 normal draws.

Any suggestions on whether I should try and improve the score by giving IELTS or wait for a 470 draw? Considering I'm a little tight on budget.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Hi Igethope, have you scored above NCLC 7 in all four categories of your French test? I'm qualified only in FSW as well. I was hoping once I've succeeded in scoring above 7 in all categories, an Ontatrio French Speaking nomination would be a backup plan for me if Federal draw is still limited to CEC by then. It seems now even that is not feasible if OINP is also CEC exclusive.
I got C1 C1 C1
Hi Igethope, have you scored above NCLC 7 in all four categories of your French test? I'm qualified only in FSW as well. I was hoping once I've succeeded in scoring above 7 in all categories, an Ontatrio French Speaking nomination would be a backup plan for me if Federal draw is still limited to CEC by then. It seems now even that is not feasible if OINP is also CEC exclusive.
i got C1 C1 C1 and B1

Reactions: Priyanka2010

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Very very well said to dudes that keep irritating with this "Joblessness" tag. My sister lives in Canada (study visa) and she lost her part-time work during April but she was asked to come back by May 15. Her room-mates too (from India) too were laid off (who were working in different part-time sectors) too were called back to join by the month of May.
I also recently heard that Canada has recently added 300k jobs amid this lockdown. Slowly and gradually most jobs that were lost are being hired back.
Apart from Tourism, Aviation, hotel management and other similar sectors, others are now doing pretty fine. This is also not a long term recession but a temp obstacle that will be completely healed in the coming months.
By the time we receive ITA -> Submit Docs -> PPR -> COPR and land there (which is roughly 9 months from this date), either there is a vaccine or curve would have flattened but definitely the economy would be much much better.
The only prime reason CECs are invited is that they have closed their borders and have planned to open it almost full by July end. So as per this, the later part of July will see FSW draws for sure. Other than this, there is no bloody reason.
Not sure why these clowns come and comment all these in a form that is named 'ray of HOPE'.
In 40 days from now, we'll see all program draws and score will dip too gradually

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hey guys, just joined the forum.

Standing at 470, waiting for FSW draws to resume. Looking at the numbers doesn't look like the draw will reach to 470 in at least 2-3 normal draws.

Any suggestions on whether I should try and improve the score by giving IELTS or wait for a 470 draw? Considering I'm a little tight on budget.
Dude, have some logic in your question. Where there is a meager amount of candidates writing IELTS now and when ECA organizations' staff are working from home, as they do not have access to docs they receive at their office, how will a candidate enter the pool as before?
Getting an ECA done now is a mountain climbing task. WES, CES, IQAS, and ICES staff are all working from home and all this time, tons and tons of transcripts are piling in their reception. Even if the staff come back to work (by Sep) they will have a mighty headache to first sort all the files that they receive. Lastly, the IELTS pencil/paper mode is suspended for a long duration and that's how the majority of top scorers enter the pool.
So if all draws resume by July, those above 455 have a golden chance and score will gradually plummet as it is in case of CEC draws (from 467 to 437).
Hence be happy with your score and it is indeed a very good score.

Reactions: palak63
Status
Not open for further replies.