+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karanbir29

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Im CEC applicant and would get an Ita this week. Can I get RCMP fingerprints done before the ita or only after IRCC requests them?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Im CEC applicant and would get an Ita this week. Can I get RCMP fingerprints done before the ita or only after IRCC requests them?
Wait for it, most people don't get an RCMP request.

And if you are in a big city, and things get back to normal functioning, you can get the results back in 1 week.

CarlosAndres

Jun 19, 2020
Rationally, I know FSW will resume. But emotionally, I don't like the fact that the Canadian government thinks we are not worthy of even a measly update on the status of FSW PR applications. I have studied and worked in the UK, am an AVP in a financial firm, can contribute positively to the Canadian economy, have checked for vacancies in my chosen career in Canadian firms and I know French! What more do they expect of us?! :(
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate has increased considerably in Canada, This is not the paradise anymore. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate has increased considerably in Canada, This is not the paradise anymore. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.
Canada was never paradise. No country in this world is.

CarlosAndres

Jun 19, 2020
Hi all,
Since we have a good number of candidates here, what can we do collectively to get an official update rather than indefinitely waiting around?
A group tweets to IRCC, or tweets IRCC minister, or email to department/minister, or email to Prine Minister....
Pls contribute any idea and lets try to get a clear picture.....
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate has increased considerably in Canada. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.

CarlosAndres

Jun 19, 2020
Hey you are right :)
This clearly has an indication that the draws are very much dependent on the borders being closed or open. Also they recently eased border restriction for family reunification, which is again positive. So putting all this together, we can expect july as the month when FSW resumes, as the current restrictions are in place till june 30 (or so I've read in this thread).
But someone here mentioned that they keep postponing this date, if thats the case.. back to square one i guess.
The border will be closed at least until July 21th. Check the news.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Another provincial draw by Ontario: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/ontario-holds-second-draw-in-2-days-for-express-entry-candidates-0614773.html#gs.8ca68q.

Presumably includes FSW as well, the article does not mention otherwise. I find it quite frustrating, as the targeted scores are fairly low (which would make sense if general draws were also happening, but right now it feels that candidates with high scores are just being ignored by everyone)...
I wonder why they only invite people with first language in French. I have good ielts and good TEF but French is my second language. 468, I wasn’t invited

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Keep in mind that the unemployment rate has increased considerably in Canada. Most CEC applicants have invested paying for their education here and they are already working and contributing to the economy, paying their taxes, etc. I believe this is one of the points IRCC is considering. It's all about priorities.
Selfish, entitled lots.

Reactions: nns14
Status
Not open for further replies.