Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I agree! But I think their concern is if people will be able to manage their expenses during that period.
That's what proof of funds is for. We're forced to have enough to survive. And I've saved well beyond the minimum requirement.
I think we should say yes for this... bcz this is for the safety of us as well..
Exactly. Now is not the time to be making demands on our side. If that is what they would like us to do in exchange for giving us ITAs, we need to show them we are willing to cooperate. If you are filling in government surveys, tell them what you are willing to do in exchange for being drawn as an FSW. We need to abide by their regulations. I don't mind what they are, I just want to have my chance in a general draw. As I know we all do.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
They invited between 400 and 436 with 437 being the last federal draw cut off so everyone above 436 is ignored. What a waste.
It seems to me they were also clueless of whether the next draw would be CEC or general. They simply draw the next people remaining in the queue.

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I hope for all of your sake that general draws resume far sooner than that. I just have no idea anymore about how confident to be for the second half of June/going into July draws. Everything is so up in the air at the moment for FSWs. I hope that all this reopening brings good news for us.
Yes brother. Same here and like us there are so many candidates who are in the same boat and have been hanging innhere very patiently for a lonh time,and its time our time comes.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Guys, I have been reading all these posts and I understand everyone is frustrated about the lack of draws. As an FSW who moved to Canada two years ago and understand the culture here and currently working from home, here are 2 cents from me.

1 - While I know this is the Ray of Hope and everyone is trying to put a "logic" to IRCCs actions and their motives, the honest truth is no one really knows the future and how things will shape up including IRCC. Every government department is taking a day by day approach to this situation.
2 - My own company has no idea or clue when we will all go back to work. No one in my company knows.
3 - Everyone here is taking every day as it comes and many are trying to survive this low period of job losses with CERB etc.
4 - Canada governments priority is the people living here. How to ensure that people are OK since there has been record job losses and lots of people are struggling. CERB is running out soon and now NDP has ensured that liberals possibly extent CERB.
5 - While Canada does acknowledge that immigration is important, it is not its top priority at the moment. I can only assume that FSW has been put on hold since they do not know when and how will they open the borders and flights will resume.
6 - These are unprecedented times. The truth is no one knows. If you ask IRCC what their plan is 2 months from now, I am sure they themselves are taking every day as it comes and plans are changing on a day to day basis. This assumption is based on the general vibe here. For example, we don't know when Toronto will move to Phase 2 and when Ontario will move to Phase 3 of opening. Even Premiere Ford doesn't know. He has himself said that plans change on a daily basis depends on the Covid situation.
7 - There has been some public debate about the the wisdom of continuing with immigration draws when we alreadu have record unemployment in the country. Again, no concrete decision has been taken on this as well.
8 - The reason IRCC is not telling anyone anything for sure is only because Canadians do not commit to anything unless they are 100% sure. At the moment, no one knows anything for sure.
9 - You can make assumptions and try and create logic but my humble opinion is that there is really no logic except, everyone is taking every day as it comes. The safest bet (Canada is quite risk averse) is to keep the numbers trickling by inviting CEC since they are already in the country and there is no future potential issue with border restriction.
10 - You could argue that processing takes 6 months to 1 year so why not continue as it is. The reason I believe is because they are not probably even sure when they can finish processing these applications (in heavy backlog due to covid) and if there could be changes in immigration numbers in the future.

Moral of the story - In my humble opinion...No one knows. Considering that my own provincial government isn't sure and taking every day as it comes, I am sure even IRCC isn't probably sure at the moment how and where we will be going with regard to immigration numbers and policies.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
There is already a mandatory 14-day quarantine period for anyone entering Canada unless you are one of the few exempted such as essential services workers who cross the border.

Immigration might not be the top priority, but IRCC have shown no sign of suspending draws, so as they say, the show must go on.

Reactions: joconstantine

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
The comments on this page though!!! Sometimes I just feel like crying

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Am fsw.... I think all cec candidates are rejoicing at the moment. Lol
Surely they are. Who would lament when receiving ITAs?
But don't worry too much, too. Try to keep on with your daily life which feeds you and your family at the moment? I believe you are still in a (good) job. If so, you can cherish it first. Immigration will resume sooner or later.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Hi Guys, if you haven't heard, there was an OINP draw yesterday.. for francophones though. But they are doing it back-to-back in 2 days

June 18, 2020
Issuance of Notifications of Interest under Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
On June 18, 2020 the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream.

To manage demand, NOIs were issued to candidates who had a Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) between 424 and 436.

If you received a NOI, you do not need to contact the program. Please visit the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream webpage for information about program criteria and how to apply.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi Guys, if you haven't heard, there was an OINP draw yesterday.. for francophones though. But they are doing it back-to-back in 2 days

June 18, 2020
Issuance of Notifications of Interest under Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
On June 18, 2020 the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream.

To manage demand, NOIs were issued to candidates who had a Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) between 424 and 436.

If you received a NOI, you do not need to contact the program. Please visit the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream webpage for information about program criteria and how to apply.
Interesting, french-speaking candidates can be with such low scores?

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Interesting, french-speaking candidates can be with such low scores?
I am wondering the same thing, they need a CLB 7 in french i think (not sure on this). So they should be getting like 30 additional points - regardless a relatively low score bracket.
Well, it is what it is..

Status
Not open for further replies.