Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I guess this is the purpose of having this group for FSW candidates. If we cannot bring great news, at least we can comfort each other and stay positive together.
Swearz!!!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Likewise me in September turning 30. So from 473 I shall drop to 468. Hence nervous. I just hope we get through before that.
I hope for all of your sake that general draws resume far sooner than that. I just have no idea anymore about how confident to be for the second half of June/going into July draws. Everything is so up in the air at the moment for FSWs. I hope that all this reopening brings good news for us.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I want to believe that this is a general draw, no?
I think so too because they didn't mention "Canadian work experience" but not sure if "Canadian work experience" can be applied to FST as FST people need a Canadian license to work so they must already have Canadian work experience.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
FST do not have high scoring candidates and this draw also targeted outlanders. Might be a compensation for the FST draw that was supposed to happen in May.
It is the highest OINP FST draw ever
They invited between 400 and 436 with 437 being the last federal draw cut off so everyone above 436 is ignored. What a waste.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
That OINP skill trade is for inland applicants, not outside Canada. The OINP invited candidates inside Canada for that draw.

Below two points confirm it:

Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last two years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
  • obtained in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada
3. Current residence in Ontario and legal status in Canada
You must be living in Ontario and hold a valid work permit at the time you apply.

You are not required to have a job at the time you apply.

Reactions: Issygn

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Got survey link from wes, which was surprisingly, related to Canadian immigration in general. There was an interesting question there. They asked if I'm prepared to bear expenses of 14 day mandatory quarantine whenever I go to Canada. So the question is, why not resume the draws and if you are worried about corona spread, make 14 day quarantine mandatory? Stopping draws right now because of layoffs or economical reasons makes no sense considering the long processing period. If the pressure is political, it should lose steam in a month or so.

Reactions: a145m20

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Got survey link from wes, which was surprisingly, related to Canadian immigration in general. There was an interesting question there. They asked if I'm prepared to bear expenses of 14 day mandatory quarantine whenever I go to Canada. So the question is, why not resume the draws and if you are worried about corona spread, make 14 day quarantine mandatory? Stopping draws right now because of layoffs or economical reasons makes no sense considering the long processing period. If the pressure is political, it should lose steam in a month or so.
We should all be willing to undergo the quarantine. That is the last of my worries if I get an ITA. For all of our sake, everyone here should answer that question with a bold yes! That's a small price to pay for being able to enter Canada. I will be willing to do far more than that if it means I can get drawn as an FSW.

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
We should all be willing to undergo the quarantine. That is the last of my worries if I get an ITA. For all of our sake, everyone here should answer that question with a bold yes! That's a small price to pay for being able to enter Canada. I will be willing to do far more than that if it means I can get drawn as an FSW.
I agree! But I think their concern is if people will be able to manage their expenses during that period.

Reactions: Sunilneha
Status
Not open for further replies.