Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Because, CEC candidates have Canada experiences, pay taxes, contribute to the EI. Also, being laid off doesn't mean they are unemployed completely since when the economy opens up, they will be called back asap.
I have nothing against CEC people. I just wanted to point out that if IRCC paused the all-general draws to protect the local job market, it din sound reasonable enough.

Just to also mention, this thread was created for FSW candidates as we don’t want to start/resume any debates on CEC vs FSW.

Last edited:

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Because, CEC candidates have Canada experiences, pay taxes, contribute to the EI. Also, being laid off doesn't mean they are unemployed completely since when the economy opens up, they will be called back asap.
Not again buddy!
focus on what FSW candidates can do and please dont start a CEC vs FSW battle.

Reactions: joconstantine

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
If IRCC wanted to secure the jobs for the locals, they would not have invited CEC candidates, either. Why not pause the immigration altogether? Many CECs are also out of job or temporarily laid off. Instead, IRCC chose to roll the ball harder. A lot of CEC inland applications have been finalised within 4-5 months. They even skipped PPR and landing processes.
CEC candidates in Canada can be considered to locals. They have to data to determine that more CECs are actually in Canada as supposed to being outside.

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Wow! That is ridiculous! I was concerned about my university admin delaying mine, and they sent them really quickly. Was that university of yours generally bad with admin? Very disappointing - I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that.

I know how it feels to have missed the 4th March draw because of WES. They took longer than the normal timeline for my ECA, for reasons I still don't understand. I kept having to call them to find out the status, and when I pressed them, then the report moved along. And yet still they took long and I got my ECA on 7 March.

Same here. I had high hopes for June for whatever reason, and now the pattern continues, and we've not got any updates from Trudeau or IRCC. It's such a shame, cause there are some really qualified FSW candidates here who just want a chance at an ITA. And to finally start the processing of an application that's bound to take many months to complete.

Maybe it really is just the fact that Canadian embassies and high commissions aren't in full operation around the world yet. Or some VACs being closed. We should all look for news on reopening of those things and post it here.
i so much relate with you buddy. And most of us here are so qualified (no offense to anyone) but looking at our scores and the CRS model, we are having better scores to qualify and stand a chance in the harsh economy. I really have been looking at these threads past 2 months with people's hopes getting dampened with every PNP and CEC draws and more so when 430 has been hit with majority of us above 465 atleast. We really need to ask the IRCC twitter handle in tandem as to the unbalance with the system. As in asking them if its fair to call a 430 over 470? And i only hope that if many many tweets go there way with the same questiin, i think then they might be compelled to respond a non generic answer to our tweets. I myself am 473 and have been waiting in the pool since a long time and I am barely holding myself up. It won't be long before my positivity goes south if this trend continues longer. I just want to stay positive long enough to get and ITA and wish the same for everyone of us here. Hang in there guys i know its just a matter of time but then it's human nature asking "how long".

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
That won't help anyway. They don't owe us anything. they have their policies to follow.
well yes they don't owe us anything, true. But since they have this immigration thing in place, a model in place, a hope for millions in place, they atleast owe us an answer which clearly states their plans in the coming weeks so that these millions start doing what they need to be doing, i.e get back to basics or hang in there. Simple. So they don't owe us anything is not really true. If that had been the case they wouldn't even respond to our tweets afterall.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
i so much relate with you buddy. And most of us here are so qualified (no offense to anyone) but looking at our scores and the CRS model, we are having better scores to qualify and stand a chance in the harsh economy. I really have been looking at these threads past 2 months with people's hopes getting dampened with every PNP and CEC draws and more so when 430 has been hit with majority of us above 465 atleast. We really need to ask the IRCC twitter handle in tandem as to the unbalance with the system. As in asking them if its fair to call a 430 over 470? And i only hope that if many many tweets go there way with the same questiin, i think then they might be compelled to respond a non generic answer to our tweets. I myself am 473 and have been waiting in the pool since a long time and I am barely holding myself up. It won't be long before my positivity goes south if this trend continues longer. I just want to stay positive long enough to get and ITA and wish the same for everyone of us here. Hang in there guys i know its just a matter of time but then it's human nature asking "how long".
I can relate with you, too, brother. It triggered me when all the leftover CEC candidates just came over and told me why they deserved more recognition.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
This is just my personal opinion. IRCC is treading on thin ice, caught between a rock and a hard place, torn between advancing the immigration agenda while protecting the jobs for the locals. Sticky situation to be in. I pray for things to turn sooner than the 2022 dates the rumor mills are talking about
What are these 2022 rumors?

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hey guys! Just have faith in almighty... the CEC candidates never expected that IRCC will pick their files even at a crs of 437.. But whatever Ian the reason, God fulfill their dream...

Reactions: Ola2j and Issygn

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hey guys! Just have faith in almighty... the CEC candidates never expected that IRCC will pick their files even at a crs of 437.. But whatever Ian the reason, God fulfill their dream...
I have nothing against CEC brothers and sisters. At the end of the day, we are all trying to reach our dream. I am indeed trying to be happy for them as well.
I wish this track is to keep each other alive in hope and updated with the latest news (good or bad). Most importantly, we should stay away from topics related to FSW and CEC candidates.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
The best we can do is to stay positive. The only reality is that there have not been FSW draws since March. Other than that, it is all speculation. Even IRCC refused to talk about future draws.
It is free for us to be be positive or negative. So why would we pick the latter.
Agreed. And spamming them with feedback forms and negative tweets might make them decide to shut everything down, instead of perhaps trying to accommodate everyone in future draws. They are probably just waiting for more VACs to open. A lot more of the world is open right now than it was during recent draws. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few draws bring for FSWs.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Agreed. And spamming them with feedback forms and negative tweets might make them decide to shut everything down, instead of perhaps trying to accommodate everyone in future draws. They are probably just waiting for more VACs to open. A lot more of the world is open right now than it was during recent draws. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few draws bring for FSWs.
I agree. Asking them the same question over and over might make them decide to suspend the draws, just so they can then give people a concrete answer. Everything points to the fact that they are not sure either when FSW draws might resume. If they were planning to suspend them for the rest of the year, they would have said so.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Immigration is a real big deal . One doesn’t wake up from their sleep and say “i am relocating to Canada or wherever”. It requires huge planning as well as funding. I know people who have been affected so badly and it all seems that their long time plan is falling apart because of the pandemic and halt in immigration. One doesn’t just leave that POF in their account for no reason. They would have made a whole lot if that fund was invested.
No one owe us anything but these particular program we signed up for was advertised and publicized for people to apply for with monthly press information to guide people on what to do. Canada did enough to get the attention of the entire world to this program, it will also make a whole lot of sense if this prospective immigrants aren’t kept in the dark for so long.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Immigration is a real big deal . One doesn’t wake up from their sleep and say “i am relocating to Canada or wherever”. It requires huge planning as well as funding. I know people who have been affected so badly and it all seems that their long time plan is falling apart because of the pandemic and halt in immigration. One doesn’t just leave that POF in their account for no reason. They would have made a whole lot if that fund was invested.
No one owe us anything but these particular program we signed up for was advertised and publicized for people to apply for with monthly press information to guide people on what to do. Canada did enough to get the attention of the entire world to this program, it will also make a whole lot of sense if this prospective immigrants aren’t kept in the dark for so long.
With more than 12K CADs, I could have profited more than 1k CADs in the past 1 month. The pandemic is getting better (in terms of economy), so all the investments started to go up again.

Reactions: Issygn

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, but if they don't have a concrete answer, they can't give one. If they are literally deciding what to do each time, then it makes sense that the situation is as it is. Perhaps before each draw, they decide whether or not to include FSWs, based on border closures and VAC openings. We just have to be patient and hope that the next few include us.

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I have nothing against CEC brothers and sisters. At the end of the day, we are all trying to reach our dream. I am indeed trying to be happy for them as well.
I wish this track is to keep each other alive in hope and updated with the latest news (good or bad). Most importantly, we should stay away from topics related to FSW and CEC candidates.
YEs, u r right! I understand as i m also FSW candidate... And our time will come soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.