Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Oh damn the new pathways are 90k . then there may not be FSW again. so IRCC invites CEC & PNP from EE pool and the rest from the new pathways which never will be coming under EE
Yes, the pathways themselves are sufficient to fulfill the IRCC quota for this year. Those applicants are expected to receive PR this year only.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Yes, the pathways themselves are sufficient to fulfill the IRCC quota for this year. Those applicants are expected to receive PR this year only.
Well, I'm pretty sure that if we FSW get an ITA today, we don't count for the quota of this year. We will all get our PR next year, and, therefore, we will be counting on the quota for next year.

That's why I'd like them to start sending ITAs to FSW, because it will take a year before we actually have our PR and we are able to go to Canada.

After august, even if they do PNP + CEC only draws, those CEC won't count for the quota of this year either.

Taking this fact into consideration, maybe they start sending invites once they see Covid things a little more controlled.

Reactions: armitabbsn

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
More than a half of the EE pool is under 400 points. IRCC will either have to lower their standards, start sending FSW draws or come up with a new public policy to make anyone on a work permit with a job (maybe even tourists with a job offer) eligible for PR.

I have a few coworkers with high 300’s or low 400’s points that are perfectly eligible for CEC and even have decent language tests but are not in a rush to get an ECA for their credentials. I’ve tried telling them to enter the pool ASAP because CEC-only draws won’t last forever and we’ll probably never see scores drop this low again.
Your coworkers need to listen to you. The CEC honeymoon could end at any time and then they will be stuck like in previous years competing with the high FSW scores.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Your coworkers need to listen to you. The CEC honeymoon could end at any time and then they will be stuck like in previous years competing with the high FSW scores.
Only if there will be FSW's in the future. I started to believe these FSW's are of least significance and of no benefit to Canada compared to CEC and PNP. They're the ones contributing to the economy.

ijhassan2

Apr 4, 2021
Hey, just had a question. For FSW we receive 10 points if we have arranged employment with LMIA. Can those be applied if we have a PNP (LMIA exempt Job Offer)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, just had a question. For FSW we receive 10 points if we have arranged employment with LMIA. Can those be applied if we have a PNP (LMIA exempt Job Offer)
It's 50 points if you're asking about CRS.

If the job is LMIA exempt, then in order to qualify for the 50 points, you must be under a closed work permit with your employer listed and must first complete one full year of working for that employer in Canada under that work permit.

Reactions: NavjotS123

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's 50 points if you're asking about CRS.

If the job is LMIA exempt, then in order to qualify for the 50 points, you must be under a closed work permit with your employer listed and must first complete one full year of working for that employer in Canada under that work permit.
there you go, god, himself answered your query

joker2209

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Yes the news coming out are promising but it seems they ain't gonna be beneficial for the FSW draws.
These are all speculations ! .

What might truly happen is unknown to everyone !

Lets wait and hope for the best

I m myself at 493 with my IELTS expiring in September 2021

Fingers crossed !

Status
Not open for further replies.