Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Isnt today’s CEC draw a bit weird?
Cut off score:397
Number of invitations:1842
It looks like they have drawn what they needed to almost complete the 6000 people that they didn't take last draw.

It is too weeeirrd.

Now I don't know if there will be a draw next week or not.

Reactions: armitabbsn

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #188 – May 20, 2021

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued: 1,842

Rank required to be invited to apply: 1,842th or above

Date and time of round: May 20, 2021 at 10:10:54 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 397

Tie-breaking rule: April 24, 2021 at 12:09:24 UTC

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
It looks like they have drawn what they needed to almost complete the 6000 people that they didn't take last draw.

It is too weeeirrd.

Now I don't know if there will be a draw next week or not.
yes very close 1842 + 4147 = 5989
also the CRS shows there are few of them left,
If they want all inland people to hold PR then the CRS cutoff should be "1" , they already did 75, then why waste time , draw them all in one go and finish them. Now the whole world won't be surprised.

Last edited:

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I hope they haven't chosen 2021 as the auspicious year for it's implementation.

Anyone who knows someone who has been a student of Masters in business administration in Canada?

For some reason, i don't want to study science at my age...i am 29 y/o...and with plan B, i think i will execute it 2-3 years down the line...not now.
I've been in the US the last 15 yrs. There are a dime a dozen MBAs here. It was easier earlier but now, if you're an international student and don't graduate from one of the top 10 (probably 5) MBA programs, you either don't find a job or you find one which pays diddly squat. After COVID hit, I've seen even Kellogg MBAs (WITH green cards/citizenship) unemployed and asking for referrals on LinkedIn.The new PM breed (product managers/program managers) have it much harder than 'managers' of the past - they know/need to know a lot more tech and work a lot harder to stay relevant. Outside tech, the PM role is largely a title change without as much pay.

Speaking of diddly squat, I know diddly squat about Canada but considering the canadian economy isn't as strong as the US, the number of worker jobs > manager jobs, and lots of MBAs and other 'management' folks immigrating there from India etc.. I'd think twice about shelling out money for an MBA if I were you. It might be easier but PR is only one step of your journey - the next is a job, a living, long term job security in Canada etc.

There are people who go to medical school in their mid-thirties. 29 is young af to be pigeon-holed.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
it seems like IRCC is now waiting for people to have CRS close to 400 and then issue an invite. Free lunch is over

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Good thing to see the pool distribution at least. There aren't many above 480 so they would be all gone with just one draw. We need those draws :'(

Reactions: armitabbsn
D

Deleted member 1006777

I've been in the US the last 15 yrs. There are a dime a dozen MBAs here. It was easier earlier but now, if you're an international student and don't graduate from one of the top 10 (probably 5) MBA programs, you either don't find a job or you find one which pays diddly squat. After COVID hit, I've seen even Kellogg MBAs (WITH green cards/citizenship) unemployed and asking for referrals on LinkedIn.The new PM breed (product managers/program managers) have it much harder than 'managers' of the past - they know/need to know a lot more tech and work a lot harder to stay relevant. Outside tech, the PM role is largely a title change without as much pay.

Speaking of diddly squat, I know diddly squat about Canada but considering the canadian economy isn't as strong as the US, the number of worker jobs > manager jobs, and lots of MBAs and other 'management' folks immigrating there from India etc.. I'd think twice about shelling out money for an MBA if I were you. It might be easier but PR is only one step of your journey - the next is a job, a living, long term job security in Canada etc.

There are people who go to medical school in their mid-thirties. 29 is young af to be pigeon-holed.
I agree with you. At the end of the day, MBAs just aren't that valuable anymore. If someone really wanted a managerial job, they could just transition from tech in the two years that it takes to get the MBA, all the while earning money and not paying tuition. The move from tech to management is common and quite possible, but moving from an MBA to tech is more rare. And high level tech positions pay as much or more than pure managerial roles. (This only applies to people already in Canada and working in tech though. And by tech I mean at least tangentially related to computer science. )

I can't think of any benefits to getting an MBA in Canada besides getting a PR eventually if that's the only option left.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
It is confirmed now that the CEC class applicants are now declining rapidly and IRCC doesn’t want to go below 400 level. I know they did with 397 this time but that’s probably because they wanted everyone picked up near 400. The next draw maybe surprising for FSW stream in my view because second half is about to end and there are only two draws left on biweekly basis.

Fingers Crossed

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I agree with you. At the end of the day, MBAs just aren't that valuable anymore. If someone really wanted a managerial job, they could just transition from tech in the two years that it takes to get the MBA, all the while earning money and not paying tuition. The move from tech to management is common and quite possible, but moving from an MBA to tech is more rare. And high level tech positions pay as much or more than pure managerial roles. (This only applies to people already in Canada and working in tech though. And by tech I mean at least tangentially related to computer science. )

I can't think of any benefits to getting an MBA in Canada besides getting a PR eventually if that's the only option left.
I wonder who goes to study in Canada ? i mean for just studies! Canada's education is a gateway for foreign money to flow in, and with that inflated tuition fee they can take care of the Canadian students (citizens) too. Ofc folks prepare elaborate SOP praising Canadian education. hehe the VO and the Student both know this is dumb yet VO issues the visa

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Kind of ironic. Including a quota by definition negates a merit based system. But they abandoned a merit based system a while ago, so I don't see why they wouldn't also start country caps at some point.
Up for debate but there's an underlying assumption that diversity leads to un-quantifiable good too - studies showing the correlation between diversity & better ideation/problem solving blah blah (not to mention homogenous societies usually leading to close-mindedness). Also, do we want a system where one immigrant community grows so large that they dominate a country's political systems?

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Up for debate but there's an underlying assumption that diversity leads to un-quantifiable good too - there are studies showing that diversity leads to better ideation and problem solving blah blah (not to mention homogenous societies usually lead to close-mindedness). Also, do we want a system where one immigrant community grows so large that they dominate a country's political systems?
To kick off, the benefits of population growth via immigration is being pulled down by the ageing and decaying Canadian population. If the effects of ageing population is negligible then it's better to tackle the unbalanced communities. IMO. It's the next generation that Canada wants i guess. the immigrants moving now are just building grounds of new economy and a breeding population. : / Please correct me if my opinion is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.