+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
In other words your saying that even a 475 score doesn’t stand a chance?
I think 470 is now what anyone who wants to immigrate to Canada has to now aim for at the very minimum. If someone wants to be safe then a score of 475 would be required. These are the likely direction the scores are headed. Anyone looking to get PR through a diploma or a undergrad degree may have to rethink options.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I think 470 is now what anyone who wants to immigrate to Canada has to now aim for at the very minimum. If someone wants to be safe then a score of 475 would be required. These are the likely direction the scores are headed. Anyone looking to get PR through a diploma or a undergrad degree may have to rethink options.
I agree with this statement under the assumption of same rate of applicants entering the pool Pre-Covid. Depending on what if anything changes Post-Covid, this may change

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I agree with this statement under the assumption of same rate of applicants entering the pool Pre-Covid. Depending on what if anything changes Post-Covid, this may change
Immigration levels may be lowered as this crisis has had a significant economic impact on Canada. I expect 470 to be the new normal for draws.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference, but your CRS score already includes significant bonuses for Canadian education and work experience. I think that's a fair reflection of its important in the overall criteria.

And there are also a lot of CEC doing low paying jobs, it works both ways. It depends on what your expectations are and everything is relative. Maybe an FSW who has a good career in their home country will just be less willing to take the step down in their career necessary in Canada. It all depends, most CECs are less picky about opportunities.

FSWs are also elligible for PNP and LMIA points in most cases.

I have nothing against CECs, i just think they should compete on equal footing with FSWs, and there should be all program draws, this is the fairest way to determine who is best qualified according to the same scoring criteria.
Immigration to Canada is a privilege, and CEC candidates who have Canadian education and already acquired Canadian work experience are frankly better positioned to contribute to Canada right now than those FSW candidates who, even if they have higher CRS scores, are stuck abroad. The program-specific draws are perfectly fair.

Scores will likely stay above 475. This will be the new normal. Scores were already above 470 before the pandemic. In the future the best bet to gain PR is to come to Canada as a Masters student and then gain appropriate work experience.

With hostile view of immigration that is the consensus of most Americans and a likely Trump re-election and a 150 year GC wait for Indians in America, Canada is becoming a more attractive option. I know most people don’t wish to accept this but this is the new reality Exasperated by the pandemic.

People who wish to be ahead of the curve should consider doing their undergrad in their home country, gain appropriate experience and then come to Canada through PNP, masters programs or IT and healthcare positions which are in demand.
I don't want to stray too far into US politics here, but Trump getting re-elected is looking far from "likely" at this point. It's not impossible that the changes made to US immigration programs over the past 4 years could be reversed come January 2021.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I understand most of the polls and the media is reporting that Biden is the likely winner. But I can help but feel a sense of dejavu from 2016. The Democratic Party is making the same mistakes and most voters are complacent given the candidates. I am biased as I like Bernie though and I feel he would have been the better candidate.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I understand most of the polls and the media is reporting that Biden is the likely winner. But I can help but feel a sense of dejavu from 2016. The Democratic Party is making the same mistakes and most voters are complacent given the candidates. I am biased as I like Bernie though and I feel he would have been the better candidate.
The polls and the media are controlled by companies like Google and Amazon etc.. They don't like Trump and they were mad last time.

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
Couple of things:

1. First, FSW Inland candidates are not receiving ITAs or CoPRs because they do not qualify as CEC or PNPs. This means that they are probably in Canada on a Work Permit or study-to-work program. For these people, IRCC is renewing their Work Permits almost instantly.

There are people who have had their work permits renewed within a week of application - but they are not seeing much (if at all any) movement on the PR front.

So FSW Outlanders might want to keep an eye on this development as well.

2. All those talking about New Zealand, here's the reality: New Zealand has two unofficial lists for Skilled Migrant Category immigration - Priority list and Regular applicants. To get into the priority list, you need to have a job offer in a skill-shortage area and the job needs to pay more than NZD79000 per year. the job offer has to be based in New Zealand - you cannot have a remote job working for some company in the US, and claim that you will just continue working in that job while in New Zealand.

If not, you are in the regular list! I know this because - my wife and I tried. We both earn well over $100k per year - she in a remote job and I in running my remote digital agency - we were still denied a place in the priority list.

Our New Zealand application was submitted in January 2019, and we have not even been assigned a Case Officer yet. They have been assigning applicants with December 2018 AOR for the last 16-months.

The only other options of getting PR in New Zealand is as Spouse of a PR and not even as family member of PR (unless someone in your family was a victim of the Christchurch terrorist attack). If you think your situation with IRCC is bad, over there things are worse! All these priority lists and regular list segmentation was not even made public knowledge until people started approaching the media and the ombudsman.

I am PNP Outland btw, (got picked up in OINP Tech Draw). Everything was approved in May but still waiting for final decision. There is no alternative but patience.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
stressful for sure,... there is no clue that IRCC would reopen FSW in July yet....I have waited for more than 6 months, now have to wait longer...
really hope everything can go back to normal in July, at least in my view, the pandemic in Canada is under control already.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
In other words your saying that even a 475 score doesn’t stand a chance?
Yeah, why 475. Simply say 490 or 500 or straight away 1200.
Yes, IELTS is fully functional and every Tom, Dick, and Harry will be able to write IELTS in full swing now.
ECA organizations are working with full capacity and they will pick up the transcript at the airport as well. Most importantly, they can process the ECA report too in just a few days.
Plus our Indian Universities are just waiting for applicants to come in and by the time applicant reaches University, the alma mater will straight away hand over all the documents to the transcript in less than 1 day and even send it electronically the next second itself.
COVID cases are creeping up, back to back intense lockdowns, Canadian provinces not even moved to stage 2 full and no staff are working from office (WES, CES, ICES, IQAS), less than 50 applicants are writing (50% of them are IELTS Academic) and every candidate writing IELTS get 8777 (as it was in the pre-covid era), plus many depressed due to this pandemic situation, many suffering from health issues, more work from home and many more plights.
So amid all these, there will still be back to back candidates and the cut-off will remain above 475 forever right.
No arguments on this further.
Let's discuss the same when the all draws resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.