+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Lol same here, I was on 468 till October before TEF results came. Even at 471, I still registered for IELTS in other to get to 474, before DEC birthday . Any missed opportunity sometimes can cost one year of waiting.
Yep, I lost the last 469 cutoff of 2019 by 3 weeks, because I was waiting for my ECA report. Because of that, I had to wait another 10 months to finally receive the invitation.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
It varies greatly. Some people have been sitting in the "medicals passed" phase since October 2019 with seemingly no further status updates. Some people have had a "standard" (pre-COVID) 6-month processing timeline to get PPR. And then some people have received their PPR within 2-3 months of getting their ITA.

None of us know how IRCC decides to process all these applications, and if anyone is getting preference. Also, visa offices around the world are in different states of being open. Unfortunately nothing is clear at present for timelines.
What... October 2019?? That’s a ridiculous amount of wait! Where’d you get this from?

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
It also depends on the complexity of your application especially travel, work and address history.

And the backlog at your visa office.
Actually, how do we know about the visa office processing our case? I might just find that out because the wait is killing me.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
What... October 2019?? That’s a ridiculous amount of wait! Where’d you get this from?
I know some people from my country which are in the exact same situation (AOR around October, with Medicals in November), unfortunately.
It seems these people would probably get their PPRs in March/April, but then IRCC decided to freeze their applications due to covid.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
I know some people from my country which are in the exact same situation (AOR around October, with Medicals in November), unfortunately.
It seems these people would probably get their PPRs in March/April, but then IRCC decided to freeze their applications due to covid.
Wow! Well I guess people are right to say the wait for your ITA is nothing compared to the waiting game in your application to CoPR phase.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yep, I lost the last 469 cutoff of 2019 by 3 weeks, because I was waiting for my ECA report. Because of that, I had to wait another 10 months to finally receive the invitation.
Exactly same as me. Processing for my ECA was actually fast but my university took a long time in giving the transcripts. Even missed January 15th OINP Tech draw by a week.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Actually, how do we know about the visa office processing our case? I might just find that out because the wait is killing me.
You can ask by webform, especially if you are past the 6 month mark. But they don't always tell you.

I asked and they didn't tell me directly, just sending me a standard reply that my application was complete and being processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.